Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
The list is pathetic beyond words...
IC Fiji the only IC brand...and many dates are sold out already...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles, and Tokyo are on my agenda for the booking period and struck out on all.

I did do a search to find out where Ube is located, so I did expand my geographic horizons.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by holtju2
The list seems to come and go on IHG's website. We have all the regions now up at http://bit.ly/PCPB0313.
How did you get Asia? I've been refreshing for an hour and only see the old list. Was hoping for Bali, both hotels are presently at the normal rates but it IS low season now.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Is it me, or did the US hotel list clear out in an hour? I can only see about half of the original properties.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:00 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Tiki
How did you get Asia? I've been refreshing for an hour and only see the old list. Was hoping for Bali, both hotels are presently at the normal rates but it IS low season now.
I got thje Asia list once in all of my now uncountable browser refresh and update the list at the pointbreak list. But until now, I did not get it again and still see the old list for most regions.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I need to book 2 nights at a single hotel, but 50% change may need to change to 1 night. Can I call later to have 1 night removed or is it safer to book two one nights?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I need to book 2 nights at a single hotel, but 50% change may need to change to 1 night. Can I call later to have 1 night removed or is it safer to book two one nights?
Book 2x 1 night!!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelkid
Book 2x 1 night!!
Done, good advice. Thought about this AFTER booked original 2 nighter.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 am

not exactly a dream list if you live in the asia pacific region or asia.....
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: IHG
Not exactly a dream list if you live anywhere..
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by turner32
Not exactly a dream list if you live anywhere..
yes, a nightmare
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 am

Another question, is there a limit of # of PB room I can book per night? Let's say I and 10 friends want to stay at a hotel, can I book 4-5 PB rooms at the same property in 1 night?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Another question, is there a limit of # of PB room I can book per night? Let's say I and 10 friends want to stay at a hotel, can I book 4-5 PB rooms at the same property in 1 night?
No limit. But you might get red flags, and leave your self open to audits. Possibly selling rooms etc.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I booked 2 rooms at the same hotel, 1 night at a time for 5 nights (10 reservations) on a PB once since I wasn't sure exactly when I wanted to go there. I ended up removed the reservations bit by bit until I got to ~3 days before the reservation date.. (Actually, I cancelled all of them eventually, since I went somewhere else).

I've also had 3 PB and 1 paid booking all on overlaping dates and different hotel/countries (for friends and family, and the paid booking was for myself). All reservations were honored with no problem. However, there may be a risk that if you have a paid stay, they might not give you the points using the "overlaping stay" excuse.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
No limit. But you might get red flags, and leave your self open to audits. Possibly selling rooms etc.
Good point. In this case I'll be staying there too, so hopefully no red flags. And I'm definitely not selling rooms, I have some friends that we all want to stay together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.