Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Holiday Inn Express Lake Oswego, OR (Portland, USA)

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum RA

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest advanced rate, 2 queens, and that's what I got.

- How are the rooms?
Relatively new renovation, it appears (or else a new hotel altogether). The room was actually quite large, with a sofa, a work desk, flat screen TV, large jr. fridge and microwave.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good
Close to I5
Very friendly staff
Fresh toiletries daily
Next door to a diner-ish joint plus a burger place, so walking distance to food options
Letter from the GM was waiting for me in my room, along with a plate of peppermint sugar cookies (yummy!) and 2 bottles of water chilling in the fridge
Nice looking indoor saline pool (did not have a chance to use it unfortunately)

Bad
Sort of odd location behind a gas station, might be hard to find if you aren't aware of it's weird location. Not really a bad thing, just need to know in order to find it.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, it was a well-kept property, decently priced. If I was in this location again I'd return here.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by RobDBA
unfortunately it is the only PC hotel in the city centre so I'll have to move chains...
The Radisson Edwardian beats the CP hands down in my book. I moved my stays there since PC can't get the Plat benefits right in either of their CP Manchester hotels.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Crowne Plaza Auckland

Platinum RA

Yes, although was hoping for more kindliness regarding late check-out

Booked 45sqm 1 King Bed Deluxe Club on F&F rate and got by email upgrade to suite, but as it wasn't ready on early arrival, 8am, so I accepted, what I booked, as my wife didnt want to move later.

- How are the rooms?
Nice corner room on 28th floor with several windows and view over Auckland, flat-screen TV, with deck and DVD-player. Comfy bed, Ipod dock.

Good
Location, location, location. Right next to the SkyCity tower with numerous restaurants and shops in the same building
Early 8am Check-in
Good choice of food at club, both morning and evening, although no hot meal at breakfast. Was told for additional 5NZD I can get hot meal at restaurant.
Club open 24 hours.

Bad
On early arrival, nobody was at the door, had to drag suitcases from taxi into check-in are by ourselves.
Weak choice of drinks at club between meal times, only water and Red Bull
Internet was capacity-limited in the room, so after watching NBA stream for 5 minutes got the message - "we will slow down your connection or you have to pay additional 0.10$ for every MB"
Wanted to get late 11pm check-out, but was refused, as after 6pm check-out means paying for second night. So we did. Could've spent it in suite, but didn't bother packing.

for 168 NZD it was certainly good value and would probably return, mainly for better location than Auckland Hyatt Regency, which has comparable or even cheaper rate.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 4:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Crowne Plaza Reading UK

Platinum RA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Extremely happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Standard Double Bed Non-Smoking; Received Executive Suite with Balcony Non-Smoking

How are the rooms?
I've stayed here a number of times, and each time the upgrade seems to have improved. Most rooms are fairly small but very well furnished. The suite received this time really was excellent: Living room area with Dining Table, Desk, Sofa, two additional chairs and flat screen TV; Bedroom with King bed and another TV and huge bathroom with bath (with another TV above it) and separate shower. In addition, huge balcony overlooking the Thames and Caversham Bridge (not much use given it was snowing outside). Furnishings very modern. There's a picture of the lounge on the hotel owner's website (you have to search through the photos a bit to find it)

How is the exec. lounge?
Was not given access; have had access before and it is OK, nicely furnished, but not a great range available

What was good and what was bad?
Good: excellent upgrade; really good breakfast (included in Promo Leisure Rate); very nice pool and health club; good location; free (very) secure parking; reasonable selection of TV channels (main 5, Sky News, Sky One, Sky Sports 1, BBC Three, At The Races, CBeebies)
Bad: nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I paid GBP60 bed & breakfast, so amazing value. Not quite as good as a recent stay at IC Miami where I got a huge suite, minibar and club access for USD99, but it shows there is some value in a Platinum card from time to time
Old Dec 20, 2009, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Richey66
On early arrival, nobody was at the door, had to drag suitcases from taxi into check-in are by ourselves.
Originally Posted by Richey66
Weak choice of drinks at club between meal times, only water and Red Bull
Because you need to recover after having dragged your suitcases into the lobby by yourselves

Last edited by nicolas75; Dec 22, 2009 at 8:32 am
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by DL1
Also had free club lounge access for the duration of the stay.
Wow - I'm very impressed. I've never had free club access at that property
Old Dec 22, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Holiday Inn Mart Plaza Chicago

Platinum

Yes, very much so.

Booked standard 2 beds. Upgraded to 2 beds with city view.

- How are the rooms?

Small, but clean and well decorated. We were on one of the upper floors that had been renovated.

Good
Great location in Chicago
Very helpful staff
Nice room with great view
Easy self park for reasonable rate
Got voucher for 500 PC pts or $5/day off of parking

Bad
Expensive restaurant and bar
Pool was slightly cold, no hot tub
Only 2 of 4 elevators worked

Yes definitely - Received a great deal with AAA discount. Well worth the price.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:11 am
DL1

Programs: HH, IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by markdg
Wow - I'm very impressed. I've never had free club access at that property
Initially it was just because we arrived early and the room we had been allocated wasn't ready. Then I cheekily asked whether it would be possible to have access for the entire stay, expecting to be told no/a high price. Yes, well it is Christmas was the gist of the reply!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by DL1
Initially it was just because we arrived early and the room we had been allocated wasn't ready. Then I cheekily asked whether it would be possible to have access for the entire stay, expecting to be told no/a high price. Yes, well it is Christmas was the gist of the reply!
That's superb!! Nice ask.... and great reply from Park Lane! I trust you made the most of your Christmas gift
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:02 am
DL1

Programs: HH, IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by markdg
That's superb!! Nice ask.... and great reply from Park Lane! I trust you made the most of your Christmas gift
Absolutely!Great lounge, especially the breakfast. Not sure it would quite justify some of the charges being quoted - that said you could practically live in it and be waited on hand & foot. The staff were very attentive and keen to help wherever possible.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC75K, PC Platinum
Holiday Inn Express Saskatoon

Holiday Inn Express Saskatoon

Gold

Yes everything was very good.

Booked King room on government rate and got exactly that.

How are the rooms?
Beautiful. They had just replaced their old mattresses with new ones a day earlier, and they were easily the most comfortable beds I have slept on at a hotel.

Good
Great location, lots of restaurants nearby. The hotel is in great condition and as said earlier, VERY comfortable mattress. Front desk staff were absolutely amazing - - was my first time in Saskatoon and they helped me find my way around to everything. There is also a free shuttle to the airport, but my flight left too early in the morning to take advantage of it.

Bad
Only minor things I can think of:
Airport shuttle begins at 8am (early flights cannot take advantage of this)
Very busy street that the hotel is on (this did not affect me, but I heard others mentioning it at the lobby). Make sure you reserve a room on the back of the hotel I guess (I think they automatically put PC members on this portion of the hotel)

Definitely. Am returning on January 1st.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:02 am

Express by Holiday Inn Leicester Walkers Stadium

Platinum RA

Yes

Booked booked and received a doube room with sofa bed.

How are the rooms?

Typical Express offering. The room is clean with no noticeable signs of wear and tear. Even numbered rooms face the stadium which is literally the other side of the road.

How is the exec. lounge?

n/a

+ Location for access to the stadium
+ Ample car parking
+ View of the stadium

- Location if you want to go into the city centre
- Upon check-out the Ladies toilets in reception had both ran out of toilet paper. My wife informed reception and was told to use the disabled toilets (which itself was almost out of paper too)
- Difficult to get to the bar within 1-2 hours before kick-off as many non-resident guests gather there before the match.

We stayed on a F&F rate (were not asked for the voucher) of Ł44. I would return for a stay at this hotel but only if attending an evening football match.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Holiday Inn Potts Point - Sydney

Platinum RA

Yes, very much

Booked 1 queen harbour view on points and received a king harbour view room

How are the rooms?
Fairly large
Elegant design
Quite large bathroom
Perfectly quiet and clean

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
  • Excellent location. HI is the perfect place to discover the trendy and living Sydney, basically located around Oxford Street, Crown Street, Victoria Street (most design boutiques, trendy bars and restaurants are located in this area^^)
  • Very friendly staff (some speak perfectly French, I was impressed)
  • 20 minutes free Wifi Internet/day in the lobby

Bad:
Nothing (except perhaps the poor selection of international TV channels)

5,000 points per day was an excellent value

Last edited by nicolas75; Dec 30, 2009 at 2:55 am
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
Hi amsterdam-schiphol

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Yes... until the checkout process.

Standard room - received executive king room.

- How are the rooms?

Very nice and modern. Wood floors w/ separate walk-in shower & bath, even toilet was fancy in its own closet-sized room. Also had nice office area + sofa/sitting area.

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

GOOD - The room was very comfortable. Bed extremely nice. For Europe, it is a very modern and spacious hotel. Pleasantly surprised considering the low nightly rate.

BAD - Checkout process. This was a rewards night reservation and noted as such during check-in. During check-out, I was handed a bill w/ the nightly rate. Reception apologized and fixed it. The previous night I called front desk and asked about the "free Internet" for Platinum Priority Club and was told to go through the order process for "24 hour access" and it will be deducted off my bill at check-out. Check-out at first said "Internet is not free" and then said "only one hour is free." Almost blew my top off. I ordered the 24-hour access as suggested and used only an hour... and now I'm told that I have to pay 15 euros? Fortunately reception responded and took off all Internet charges. Still, it's not a pleasant experience.

Cherry on top? - KLM lost my luggage during my first leg of my trip so I had to purchase new clothes & make multiple complaints w/ the airline throughout my trip. Don't fly KLM.

Considering it was a rewards night, it was a good value and yes, I would return as long as reception doesn't make these silly mistakes by overcharging and hassling me. The room was immaculate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.