Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:51 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & 1M, Hilton Gold, IHG Rewards Plat
HI Atrium Singapore

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a king-bed deluxe, got a suite & welcome drink coupon (beer, wine or softdrink) at lobby bar.

How are the rooms?
"Suite" meant two connecting rooms of the same size of an ordinary room. Two TVs and two bathrooms.

How is the exec. lounge?
Access was not given.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: Usualy cheaper than the other IHG hotels in Singapore.
Bad: Location is not so convenient unless you use public buses.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:01 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
HI Wellington New Zealand

Platinum

Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Reserved a basic room, prepaid corporate rate, upgraded to suite, also (although not really a benefit) received a call from the GM shortly after checking in to introduce herself as well as provide a direct mobile number for any issues during the stay.

How are the rooms?
Fairly modern and bright. Large building being constructed next door - VERY close -will look right in to rooms when completed. Living room, kitchen, large bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge here.

Good: Location. Central city and opposite parliament.
Bad: Room service. Has been acceptable at previous stays (when Gold) but was probably the worst of the year during this stay.

Yes. Way better than the IC down the road.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:10 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
HI City Centre, Christchurch NZ

Platinum

50/50

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Reserved a basic room, prepaid corporate rate, upgraded to executive room.

How are the rooms?
Very large but VERY out of date. Faced a rootop nightclub with music until 2am. Staff didnt care less.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge here.

Good: Very little. Close to the CBD, but lots of hotels in the area so not unique.
Bad: NO vegetarian food on the menu other than noodles from the express menu and staff unwilling to make anything or suggest a delivery company. Loud music from nightclub.

Fairly well priced but better value alternatives around the corner.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:23 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
CP Chicago O'Hare

Gold

Mostly

No reservation - airline bump voucher. Received "Executive Floor" king room.

How are the rooms?
Good - though not especially exciting. Fairly large. Extensive renovations happening in the lobby and higher floors so watch out.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not sure if there was one - maybe out of service for renovations?

Good - As a Gold, got "upgraded". Was offered free wifi and bottled water.

Bad - "Upgraded" room was the closest possible room to the renovations. They started with some sort of drilling around 8am. It wasn't unbearably noisy but would have woken me up if I were still sleeping. Had to check out at the desk in order to get the wifi charge taken off (did not have to ask but did have to stop by the desk for them to notice it). Did not get PC points for incidentals (no stay credit due to non-qualifying airline rate).

Since I paid $0, the value was great. Overall the hotel was fine and I would return, avoiding the renovation floors.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Intercontinental IC Budapest Hungary

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked standard room, got upgrade to sixth floor room with river view

How are the rooms?
Normal intercontinental standard....nothing more, nothing less AND like most IC properties in Europe, the bathrooms are way too small in my opinion !

How is the exec. lounge?

No idea...didn't ask if I could have free access

Good - Good upgrade, was accompanied to the room by the reception manager, pool was under refurbishment but was given daily voucher to use facilities in Sofitel hotel next door.
Bad - Despite asking 4 times I never managed to find or get a newspaper...even at 14:00 in the afternoon !
Rates on offical PC and IC website can be very misleading...see below.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Rates can vary widely at this property and this hotel charges a 20 Euro DAILY supplementary fee starting with the second 2nd guest (something I hate with a vengeance) even if its a twin room or double bed. Also, most hotels in Budapest slap on an additional 23% in taxes onto the rate you see. Therefore, read the estimated final cost very carefully before you click on the "confirm reservation" button, cause what initially appears to be a 100 Euro a night rate for 2 people is in reality 147.60 Euro a night rate; withOUT even adding breakfast !
Despite this I got a great deal on the 2 for 1 rate and paid just under 70 Euro a night with taxes but without breakfast.
Using points will help you avoid all these extra charges.

Would you return?

Location and views are almost the best in town...so the answer is yes....if I find a decent rate.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 13, 2009 at 12:22 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
HI Express, Berlin City Centre, Deutschland

Gold

Yes.

Reserved a standard room during 2 for 1 promotion. Got the room I booked but on the top floor (possibly as I requested a nice view).
Also received a gift a check-in: some mints...managed to get a total of four packs during the course of my stay.

How are the rooms?
Fairly modern, bright and coloured.
Quite small but not claustrophobic and with a decent view of the neighbouring land. Some broken fixtures, but overall nice.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge here.

Good: Staff were friendly, design of the hotel was nice and modern and had a positive hospitable atmosphere. Breakfast was included and was good. Interesting bathroom layout (two compartments but only one swing door) with a soft blue night for night time.
Bad: Location is a bit far from life. Coffee cup in room was cracked - didn't find out until I had poured my boiling water into it and then left it to brew for five minutes!
Wifi - didn't seem to find it. There is one public computer near the front desk for free internet use but seemed to be heavily used by 'Facebook'ers and it didn't seem a very trust-able/safe computer.
Bed - Duvet was a bit short for me.

Yes with the 2 nights for 1 promotion, but otherwise will depend on where I need to be as location is not brilliant.

Last edited by jbfield; Jan 13, 2009 at 1:07 pm
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Crowne Plaza CP City Centre Amsterdam

Platinum Ambassador

I was actually surprised at how much I liked this hotel, despite the rooms (see below).

Booked standard room, got upgrade to sixth floor room with free lounge access which was great (see details below)

How are the rooms?
Room and bathrooms are a bit small (amsterdam standard ?) and definetly need a refurbishment. The decor looks like its from the same time the hotel was opened....late 80's or early 90's....common areas are better.

How is the exec. lounge?

Pretty outstanding for a Crowne Plaza...terrace with view over Amsterdam. Lounge had free breakfast (albeit not as extensive as if you had paid in the restaurant for it) 2 computers with free internet, free newspapers & magazines, free nibbles, free soft drinks and free alcohol until 23:00 every night.

Good
- Location very close to train station and city centre
- Free Lounge access and quality of lounge.
- Small but nice swimming pool, 2 saunas and 2 changing rooms (male and female). 24 hour access to gym and swimming facilities upon request.
-Bar and Brasserie had decent prices and nice food (very difficult to find in any hotel these days)
-Free sparkling water each day
-Almost all staff were genuinely friendly and helpful

Bad
- Window in room could not be opened (perhaps in other rooms it can be)
-If you dont have Platinum status (which gets you free lounge access) or find a discounted room rate this place will seem overpriced....

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

If I'd paid the standard 150 Euro per night without lounge access, free internet or breakfast...(as any standard PC or Gold member might have) I would have felt ripped off...especially upon seeing the unrefurbished small rooms.
Paid a 2 for 1 rate and got it for just over 80 euro a night which seemed like a bargain for all the extras we got.

Would you return?

Yes....if I find a decent rate and still get lounge access with my platinum status.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:13 am

Holiday Inn - TOULOUSE CENTRE

Holiday Inn - TOULOUSE CENTRE

Platinum Ambassador

Yes.

Booked Double bed non-smoking was upgraded on check-in to an executive room

How are the rooms?
Good size but need modernisation. This one has few power outlets, so charging a phone and a laptop at the same time is tricky.

How is the exec. lounge?
-

Good:
Not a bad hotel, very good location.

Bad:
There is (still) building work going on at the time of writing (Janurary 2009)

Not good, rates are around 180 Euros which is too much for the quality of the hotel. I would probably return though the location is good for my needs.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Platinum Ambassador

How is the exec. lounge?

No idea...didn't ask if I could have free access
[B]
The club access used to be given to RAs
Quite nice (no that big, but beautiful view, 2 PCs, afternoon tea, evening cocktails and canapés, good breakfast, excellent service)
Old Jan 14, 2009, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by est-gratuite;11069189[B
What was good and what was bad?[/B]

Bad
-If you dont have Platinum status (which gets you free lounge access) or find a discounted room rate this place will seem overpriced....
I stayed once at CP Amsterdam.
I was upgraded to a honeymoon suite. Very large (65 sqm), but quite dated.
If of course I do prefer the IC Amstel (but not the same price!), this hotel could be a true gem by its location and quality of service after a complete renovation (would be nice to have interior design like The Dylan Amsterdam)
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:44 am

Holiday Inn - Naples Italy

Holiday Inn - NAPLES

Platinum

Yes.

Booked Double bed non-smoking was upgraded on check-in to an executive room

How are the rooms?
Good size - large enough with 2 double beds in the room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not given access (was only there for 1 night - didn't check)

Good:
Free airport shuttle (runs on a set schedule though usually 1x / hour so sometimes tough to fit with your needs)
Friendly staff; helped us on coordinating a trip to Pompei the next day
Complimentary upgrade without asking
Pretty good room service food - staff was willing to make us a special vegetarian pasta upon request

Bad:
None - only there for 1 night but enjoyed our experience

Very good - booked the hotel on points (15,000) - I always think the HI are the best value for points in Europe where they are more of a hotel than in the US/Canada where they are more of a motel.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:26 am

Le Grand Intercontinental Paris

I have elite status. I booked a club room for Jan 16 and Jan 17, 2009. Today, I checked our reservation and we have been upgraded to a prestige suite. I will report on the details when I get back.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:15 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by celesteadi
I have elite status
what kind? RA ?
Love Paris!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown Dublin

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Yes, absolutely!

Booked a standard room, through a 3rd patry website, but received a room on the 8th floor (Priority club floor)

How are the rooms?
The hotel is only 4 months old, so all the rooms are spotless.
Very nice interiors. Bathroom only has a shower - no bath, but is spacious and nice.
Flat screen TV, minibar in room, along with free Internet access (at least in this room it was!)

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Service at the hotel is amazing. I arrived without my PC number on the reservation. When I asked if it could be added, the person on the desk got on the phone and asked for a room to be made ready on the 8th flloor. "not in 5 mins - now! And I mean now!" was the dialogue on the phone! Awesome!
Food in the resturant is excellent quality! Best at any CP I've stayed at.
Hotel is near to DUB airport.
Large shopping centre over the road from the hotel.
Looks like PC Plats get upgraded and get all benefits. I asked for late checkout (4pm) after breakfast, and the receptionist remembered me, addressed me by name and wrote my room number on a piece of paper and said "It's all taken care of"

Bad:
Other than the price of things in general in Dublin, there is nothing bad about this hotel.

Rates are the same, if not cheaper than the CP at the airport.
It's common knowledge here on FT that the CP at the airport is one of the best around. This hotel is one step ahead of that CP - amazing hotel!
If I need to fly from Dublin again, I'll always use this hotel.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
HI Rock Island Illinois

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked 3 rooms, King Leisure, for my traveling party, at the govt rate. I got a two room suite w/ lounge access (which I guess I get anyhow as a Plat.) The other two guys (no PC status) got Kings, but also got lounge access.

How are the rooms?
Nice enough, well maintained -- furniture appeared fairly new. Flat screen TV, good sized bathroom, comfortable king bed. Suite part was through the lockout door and was a double sized living room with sofa and a couple of lounging chairs, dining room-type table and a wet bar. Old fashioned wood box floor TV. Murphy bed in the wall too. Kind of large and strange ... would have been great for hosting a party or something like that. And I guess that's what it's really for!

How is the exec. lounge?
OK - open area off the elevator on floor 7 (of eight). OK beer selection, poor wine, no liquor. Some hot food in the evening, none (other than toast!) for breakfast.

Good:
Fitness center is adjoining and is apparently a commercial gym as well. Small indoor pool, excellent weight room, sauna, and OK cardio stuff.

Bad:
Not too much. Everything I expect from a HI, and not much more.

Good value for the Gov rate. Sure, if I really HAD to go to Rock Island Illinois again ... in January!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.