Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion discussion thread 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:15 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by Froggitt
Yes you PMd me the details of who to email at IHGCare, and they forwarded onto the hotel, who could accommodate my request. However the hotel I wanted is no longer on the Pointsbreak list. Very unhappy.
Hi Froggit,

We regret the hotel is no longer on the Point Break list. Point Breaks are offered at limited properties for limited periods of time. There are a limited amount of rooms set aside for the use of points. Once those rooms are reserved, the hotel can no longer offer Point Break rooms even if they have other rooms available for a paying rate.

To ensure the greatest availability, please make your Point Break reservations in advance.

Sincerely,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Jul 18, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by IHG Care
Hi Froggit,

We regret the hotel is no longer on the Point Break list. Point Breaks are offered at limited properties for limited periods of time. There are a limited amount of rooms set aside for the use of points. Once those rooms are reserved, the hotel can no longer offer Point Break rooms even if they have other rooms available for a paying rate.
You've totally missed the point, which was there was Pointbreak availability when I emailed the hotel the first time, the second time, and the third time, and it was only when IHGCare emailed them using an alternative email address that they responded to me. However by then, the Pointbreak had finished.

As I said, very unhappy with IHG.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
You've totally missed the point, which was there was Pointbreak availability when I emailed the hotel the first time, the second time, and the third time, and it was only when IHGCare emailed them using an alternative email address that they responded to me. However by then, the Pointbreak had finished.

Simple rule with PB Froggitt, book immediately and ask questions later.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:01 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club

Hi Froggit,

We truly regret this inconvenience. I have taken note of your additional comments and have forwarded them to the hotel management for them to review the procedures they have in place and make necessary improvements to the services they offer to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Likewise, as Point Breaks are offered for limited periods of time, we strongly suggest you place your reservation while it is available. Points Break reservations are flexible so they can be cancelled or changed without charge within the bounds of the cancellation policy. Once you have a confirmed reservation and you still have additional concerns that needs hotel assistance, you can follow up with them at a later time.

For your future reservation needs, you can contact our Global Reservation Center at 1-800-HOLIDAY or call the hotel directly for assistance.

Sincerely,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by Bloobell
Simple rule with PB Froggitt, book immediately and ask questions later.
Mmmmmm. Lesson learnt
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:15 am

Mmmmmm. Lesson learnt
Personally, I would post a review of your negative experience with this particular hotel on every review site. Many, many people pay attention to places like Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc. You could save someone else the trouble with this hotel.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Ahh yes "2619 Book Direct 2013" doesn't start till July, that one was the one I was most intrigued by to be honest.
Has anyone gotten any points for that code?

There's seems to be two different codes for that promo
unless it's 2 different promos?

4994 from below
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/07/15/i...-bonus-points/
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador, Delta Sky Club (Lifetime), OneWorld Emerald, Etihad Guest Gold, Club Accor Plat
If hotel is no longer on the Point Break list, can I still modify my PB reservation (shorten it) without actually triggering the full points requirement?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by HazemHussein
If hotel is no longer on the Point Break list, can I still modify my PB reservation (shorten it) without actually triggering the full points requirement?
Reward Night reservations can NEVER be modified (independent from the type of reservation (Point Breaks, Points and Cash or "regularly" booked Reward Nights)). They can only be cancelled completely.

Last edited by Flamewing; Jul 21, 2013 at 10:56 am
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:25 am

Could someone please move all these posts about Pointbreaks to the thread where they belong!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Has anyone gotten any points for that code?

There's seems to be two different codes for that promo
unless it's 2 different promos?

4994 from below
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/07/15/i...-bonus-points/
I had a stay on 15 July and these Bonus Points did NOT post sadly.

In 'My Offer Status' it say no activity.

I have another stay tomorrow so fingers crossed
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by HazemHussein
Call IHG Rewards Club Service Center. They will make the adjustment for you.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Promotion discussion thread 2013

As far as I know they can also only cancel the reservation and make a new one...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:39 am

I will be staying 3 nights next week, so I registered with 4993 code, does point + cash qualify for stays, or I have to pay with all cash?

thanks
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hdlz
I will be staying 3 nights next week, so I registered with 4993 code, does point + cash qualify for stays, or I have to pay with all cash?

thanks
Reward stays don't count. It's not just about 'all cash' as there are plenty of excluded rates that also don't count such as Friends & Family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.