unbookable reward nights

Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

unbookable reward nights

Hi, I'm on the website and while trying to book an award night at the Crowne Plaza Doha for 2 separate nights: Jan 25 & Feb 2

I put in my dates (the 2nd time) which is after selecting the hotel and room type. Then it says that reward nights are sold out for the entire hotel for the dates I selected. When I click "view available dates" I see that every single day has available inventory. I change the dates to my second desired date which is Feb 2 and that doesn't work either. Not only that, but I see that for the same type of room, the cash price has increased from 450 QAR to 637 QAR for both dates.

When I exit the browser and try again starting from the night of Feb 2, I get through but when I put in guest info to confirm the stay, I am told it is no longer available. A little bit weird even though I am not familiar with IHG's IT system, I would think that if I selected a room to confirm, it would be temporarily taken out of available inventory? I'm getting stopped at different points and nothing seems to make sense

I've booked numerous reward nights with IHG and this is the first time this has happened to me. Does anyone who has experienced this have any info that might help?

Also, when I got to the guest info page. I noticed that the name fields were not changeable nor was there a place to put additional guests' info. This is my first time booking a night for myself with a family member's account and I thought they allowed this online from what I read at the Chase offer thread (?)
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:59 pm

On the mobile site:
https://m.ihg.com/hotels/ihg/us/en/findandbook
I see reward nights available (for 20k points) on the nights you listed. It seems you may be booking the Chase free night reward??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.