Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion discussion thread 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Though non-purchased promotional points from points.com don't seem to count toward status. I've been doing a Peanut Labs/points.com surveys for vouchers program, and those points don't post as Elite Qualifying. Which is kind of odd considering that points from e-Rewards surveys are Elite Qualifying points in 2013, and e-Rewards and Peanut Labs are two different branches of the same survey company.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i have 2 offers expiring on the 23rd october-1000pts each per night.
my stay is for the 23rd
will this get me the points or not?

thanks..
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
IHG is stiil a click through partner with MyPoints, which gives you 5 MyPoints points per dollar (and occasionally more than that specials- there was a 15 points per dollar e-mail earlier this fall I'm now wishing I'd saved) toward United Miles, Marriott GCs, prepaid Visa cards, and assorted non-travel rewards, if any of those would be useful to you.
Thanks for this, definitely useful since I've got several stays for work coming up. Not as good as the 14% cash back occasionally found on Ebates/MrRebates but at least its something!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:42 pm

I am planning on reserving a room in Bangkok for arrival on Sunday and leaving on Monday. Is this considered a weekend stay so I can receive my 5000 bonus points?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by metoo
I am planning on reserving a room in Bangkok for arrival on Sunday and leaving on Monday. Is this considered a weekend stay so I can receive my 5000 bonus points?
The weekend stay targets I've seen all seem to revolve around a Saturday night stay - what do the T&Cs for your particular target say?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
The weekend stay targets I've seen all seem to revolve around a Saturday night stay - what do the T&Cs for your particular target say?
It doesn't say. 7637 – 5,000 points when you stay the weekend. Was able to add onto my offers.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
It doesn't say. 7637 – 5,000 points when you stay the weekend. Was able to add onto my offers.
Oh apologies I was thinking of the Big Win weekend stays For the bonus point codes I would have thought it would have counted but it's always a slight lottery with them!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
It says 'Stay the weekend' not 'stay a weekend night' so you probably need to do 2nights, Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun to acyivate.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm on MyPoints, and in a bit of unexplained weirdness, if you search for Holiday Inn, you get an offer for 5 MyPoints per dollar. If you search for IHG, it gives you a link for 3 MyPoints per dollar. So apparently Holiday Inn is the way to click there.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just did a two night stay at a HI, and with all of my bonuses and such, netted me 27K of points. Not bad at all.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i have 2 offers expiring on the 23rd october-1000pts each per night.
my stay is for the 23rd
will this get me the points or not?

thanks..
Yes, it will.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
code 7673

message from IHG:

"Birthdays, family reunions, anniversaries – whatever the occasion, plan to celebrate with us soon. Enjoy a fun and rewarding weekend at any of our hotels and we’ll treat you to 5,000 bonus points. Simply stay Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday nights (two consecutive nights total) within 90 days."
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MrLion
message from IHG:

"Birthdays, family reunions, anniversaries – whatever the occasion, plan to celebrate with us soon. Enjoy a fun and rewarding weekend at any of our hotels and we’ll treat you to 5,000 bonus points. Simply stay Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday nights (two consecutive nights total) within 90 days."
I tried and was rejected as an invalid offer code.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by MrLion
message from IHG:

Do you know if I have a Friday night stay at a Holiday Inn in city x and then a Saturday night stay at a Candlewood Suites in city y, if this would count? These are consecutive night stays, but they are not at the same hotel or even in the same city. I don't think this would count but I wasn't sure if you had anymore insight.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:00 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by Joe1690
Do you know if I have a Friday night stay at a Holiday Inn in city x and then a Saturday night stay at a Candlewood Suites in city y, if this would count? These are consecutive night stays, but they are not at the same hotel or even in the same city. I don't think this would count but I wasn't sure if you had anymore insight.
That won't count, sorry. Has to be the same hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.