Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion discussion thread 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got an email from IHG, today on August 1st, reminding me that I still have up til July 31st to earn double points. Stunningly poor quality control.

Dear Stimpy,

Congratulations! You’re now earning Double Points on every stay. Keep staying and continue earning double until 31 July 2013. So where would you like to go? Plan your next getaway today.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just got an email from IHG, today on August 1st, reminding me that I still have up til July 31st to earn double points. Stunningly poor quality control.

Dear Stimpy,

Congratulations! You’re now earning Double Points on every stay. Keep staying and continue earning double until 31 July 2013. So where would you like to go? Plan your next getaway today.
Too bad they have the year in the e-mail. Otherwise you can claim missing credit for your stays the next year
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most

Dear Stimpy,

Got it as well and was rolling my eyes.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Dear Stimpy,

Yep, Got my note on Sunday 28th July 2pm CET.

Maybe related to the posting of my stay 10nights get 15000 points promo posting on Friday 26th July.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Let us all know if manual action results in EQP's or just points though ! If you need EQP's I hope you get lucky too.

As said my 10nights/15k points posted automatically and as another FT'er mentioned as 15000 Elite Qual points (EQP's), which as a bonus promo suprised me.

Before my stay 2013 showed 31 qual nights 30,500 EQP's and after two IC stays, which triggered this promo...35 qual nights and 49,500 EQP's.
So 15k bonus + 2k IC stay + 2k IC stay.
Had to ring back today (there's a surprise!) for the 20k points, and they credited my account straightaway. Showing up as 'goodwill' points' they don't qualify as EQP's. A shame for those that need them.

Next promotion that's not showing up is the Book Direct 2013. I've made four direct bookings since the promo started, but no points posted.

Chasing points at the moment, as I want to cover three weeks holiday accommodation in a year or two's time.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:59 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Same here, I am also missing any points for Book Direct.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
And both of you were targeted for this offer?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by olegator
And both of you were targeted for this offer?
Book Direct is not targeted promotion. I have copy of the printed flier here.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Do they have T&C somewhere for it?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by olegator
Do they have T&C somewhere for it?
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...-EN-OTA_Vanity
Old Aug 3, 2013, 12:00 pm

Thank you!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:29 pm

Help

Can someone please help me to get promotion code password please
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by username
I guess August is the typical no-promo period?

I would have thought they would have come up with some promo for the re-branding...
I seem to remember that the quarterly stay x get y points promos used to come around like clockwork for Q1-Q3, but this month is dry for any bonus points. After all the fuss about the relaunch it's somewhat of an anticlimax especially when most others chains are doing some sort of summer promo. I've switched 7 nights in August to Hilton to take advantage of the triple points, although I still have another 7 nights at IHG which will only be earning base points
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
can anyone help with the end date of the 5k more for every 5 extra nights (the one attached to the stay x earn y promo , i had a 80 night stay commencing April 18th, out July 7th, as that commenced within the time frame, should it pay out 80K? i know with the stay X earn Y if your in date commences before the end of the promo period it pays out
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by gmack1134
Stay two consecutive weekend nights, pay with MC and get $50
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...Pay13-_-Sojern
has anyone paid with another card and received the rebate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.