Promotion discussion thread 2013

Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Froggitt
They do lurk. PM IHG Care
Really! You'd think with all the problems we post about dealing with IHG customer service problems they'd have fixed things rather than have them get worse. This person certainly isn't helping matters the way Starwood Lurker and the AA and UA lurkers do on those fora. I can't recall ever reading a reply from this person, let alone a heads up about a promotion or major change to the program. A most stealth lurker!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by Shareholder
i am so frustrated by my attempts to get credit for the Weekend Bonus. Phone agents say it takes 60-days to post and they'll monitor my account but never do. E-mailing an inquiry to the Ambassador customer support gets a confused response saying the 5K has posted...and refers to the Stay 5 additional nights and Get 5K Bonus (which has posted to my account) instead of the Weekend Bonus (of which only one of two has posted). A response attempting to clarify this has gone unanswered for a week now, and the second 5K hasn't posted. I have another weekend stay coming up next month and am sure it will not post properly and require diligence to follow up on it.

These issues are getting to be too regular and have turned me from an IHG loyalist to look at other programs. Since I've been a member of the PC since the early HI frequent stay program days, as well as an Ambassador since its Six Continents Club days, this is not a move I will make without some regret. But it just shows how little IHG really cares about its members. (Further supported by the fact that it has not lurker here, unlike most other programs.)

Where are you going to go? If you can find better point accumulation to reward point value, please let us know. Hilton used to be the sweet spot when several Hamptons were at 12.5K points, this is past. Now IHG's 10K HIs and 7.5K Candlewoods and Staybridges cannot be beat. Not to mention the pointbreaks. I spend more than 150 nights on the road on an annual basis and I cannot find a better value; I am all ears, if you can
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Thanks for the clarification. Thought it was an unlimited bonus running through March 2014. (Small world but nice to meet you yesterday at the IC Toronto 12-hours after your posting of the reply!)
yes likewise Shareholder, great to meet you, an enjoyable time, will we see you again in the lounge for an afternoon tea or dinner?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Starting 1 July 2013, IHG® Rewards Club will combine your Reward Nights with your Qualifying Nights toward Elite Status qualification, bringing you closer to attaining Elite Status while you enjoy your stay using your points.[/COLOR]
Are they supposed to show in My Activity or will they be tallied up at the end of the year? Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by asterion
Are they supposed to show in My Activity or will they be tallied up at the end of the year? Thanks
Mine show in the activity added to the total nights, showing when they post on the list as non qualifying nights.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
Where are you going to go? If you can find better point accumulation to reward point value, please let us know. Hilton used to be the sweet spot when several Hamptons were at 12.5K points, this is past. Now IHG's 10K HIs and 7.5K Candlewoods and Staybridges cannot be beat. Not to mention the pointbreaks. I spend more than 150 nights on the road on an annual basis and I cannot find a better value; I am all ears, if you can
I have been a member of the several programs that formed Priority Club/Ambassador (HI, CP and IC Six Continents Club) since the 1980s so it's not that I am leaving the program but I am downgrading it to one of my back-up programs after SPG, my new primary one. For me it's not just earning points and redeeming them (yes, PointBreaks are great value but the list of properties has been dwindling and locations not very desirable). My primary interest is in stay benefits, points are secondary. In any case, I'm not interested in debating which program is better or best. (Though I agree with you HHonors killed itself years ago with steep escalation of points required for redemptions, and IHG is heading in the same direction after having showered us with promotional bonuses and the easiest-to-achieve top elite tier. The new program is changing all of that though, but the stay benefits still lag Hilton, Starwood and Marriott.)
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum
I was wondering if anybody has had their 'Stay x, Get y' points post yet? I had the email saying I'd achieved the 18 nights that I require roughly 10 day ago, but the points have yet to post.

The bonus tracker has shown that it was complete, with the nights tracking as negative numbers.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Willinahotel
I was wondering if anybody has had their 'Stay x, Get y' points post yet? I had the email saying I'd achieved the 18 nights that I require roughly 10 day ago, but the points have yet to post.

The bonus tracker has shown that it was complete, with the nights tracking as negative numbers.

Mine for stay for registered 10nights get 15,000 posted automatically with my IC points 3days ago, I looked to see why it was posted as 23,000 for the stay that triggered 10nights, and i had received.
o usually 4000 RA stay points
o double 4000 stay points
o 15,000 stay 10nights bonus.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
but the stay benefits still lag Hilton, Starwood and Marriott.)
Huh? I get a suite with free mini-bar at most of my IC stays. I get neither at most of my SPG (unless I burn SNA's) and Hilton stays. As for Club, I get that at the vast majority of IC's I stay at, with one or two exceptions. And those are in places that I really don't need or want Club, like London and Hong Kong.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess August is the typical no-promo period?

I would have thought they would have come up with some promo for the re-branding...
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G

Mine posted with the stay that completed the Y nights. Also those "Stay X get Y" points seem to be EQ, unlike other promo points.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by username
I guess August is the typical no-promo period?

I would have thought they would have come up with some promo for the re-branding...

+1 such as Sweet Dilemma and Crack the case :-)
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:47 am

Thanks for the replies regarding the 'stay x, get y' promotion.

I rang IHG today and was told that there is an issue with points not posting automatically once the correct number of nights have been attained with some accounts. They need to manually credit them to my account, within 72 hours.

Might be worth a ring if anybody else hasn't had points post from this promotion, especially if, like mine, it showed as completed from day one and tracks the nights stayed as minus figures.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Thanks for the replies regarding the 'stay x, get y' promotion.

I rang IHG today and was told that there is an issue with points not posting automatically once the correct number of nights have been attained with some accounts. They need to manually credit them to my account, within 72 hours.

Might be worth a ring if anybody else hasn't had points post from this promotion, especially if, like mine, it showed as completed from day one and tracks the nights stayed as minus figures.
Let us all know if manual action results in EQP's or just points though ! If you need EQP's I hope you get lucky too.

As said my 10nights/15k points posted automatically and as another FT'er mentioned as 15000 Elite Qual points (EQP's), which as a bonus promo suprised me.

Before my stay 2013 showed 31 qual nights 30,500 EQP's and after two IC stays, which triggered this promo...35 qual nights and 49,500 EQP's.
So 15k bonus + 2k IC stay + 2k IC stay.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Let us all know if manual action results in EQP's or just points though ! If you need EQP's I hope you get lucky too.

As said my 10nights/15k points posted automatically and as another FT'er mentioned as 15000 Elite Qual points (EQP's), which as a bonus promo suprised me.

Before my stay 2013 showed 31 qual nights 30,500 EQP's and after two IC stays, which triggered this promo...35 qual nights and 49,500 EQP's.
So 15k bonus + 2k IC stay + 2k IC stay.
Will do, although I'm in the fortunate/unfortunate position (depends on your point of view) of not needing to qualify on points or nights for this year. EQP wise, I think I'm working on qualifying for 2015 at the moment!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.