IC Sanctuary Cove (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
IC Sanctuary Cove (Master Thread)

This hotel became an IC on 4 december
Still not in the system as it were
Who will be first to stay and what sort of welcome/ upgrade as ambassador or RA will there be.
As it is a Mulpha property( IC Sydney sister) will the upgrades be above and beyond??
or are they going to treat award stays like a bad smell?
experiences please.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:03 am

Here's an official note:
http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?Page...rssfeed=ihgplc
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:28 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Stayed on a PP BOGO no cert, got club upgrade, bottle of $30 wine, fruit plate and water. Club guests can have breakfast in the restaurant, no kids allowed during evening drinks. All day coffee and soft drinks in the club.

PP looks a good option here as it can be used at the pool bar by the looks of it.
Mini Bar is very comprehensive and refilled. Property is a little tired with mostly handyman issues in the room, however the staff have a real service ethic that goes beyond the norm for an Australian IC, to the point I have made more bookings here for the next year.

Club aside the place is very kid friendly with kids club in operation, with activities designed to keep in busy while dad/mum spa or golf, and the two pools are very nice with plenty of lounges etc. Only downside I found is a $5 delivery charge for ice, cannot see how to avoid it as ice machines are not part of the accommodation blocks nor are their cubes in the room.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:54 pm

IC Sanctuary Cove

Becoming somewhat of a regular here and will post different room stays as they happen, this time Club Marina View Room !

Full report and photos:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...iew-46787.html

Summary:

Overall the room was quite good, as evident in the photos there are some minor things that could be improved such as the marks on the TV unit, however importantly the bed is very nice, the room quiet and location superb.

Things I liked:

1. Staff know service, they bend over backwards, I had a call from housekeeping at 7PM to confirm that I did not need a room serviced and offered more towels etc.
2. The IC Club has moved and has a very good spread for both afternoon tea and canapes.
3. Club guests can take breakfast in the restaurant which has improved.
4. Pretty big mini bar selection

Things I felt needed to improve:
1. Charging extra for Expresso Coffee for breakfast.
2. Yoghurts in the display case needed to be requested, and some were past best by date.
3. Ground Floor units could do with a lock on the doors that overlook the pool/marina that can be opened by the card key, its a quicker way to the pool and restaurants than via the door at the front of the room.

This hotel seems dry keen to look after RAs, and service levels are high across the board, the leisure options are fantastic with both the beach lagoon and swimming pool large enough to handle busy days, while the location means a short walk is in order into the "town" for a meal or snack should the hotel not be able to provide. Mini bar is well stocked although there is a delivery charge for Ice which is something I don't like.

Club food and other photos:

Afternoon Tea Spread

Evening Canapes Spread:

Pools:

View from Club

Club & hours:

Last edited by markis10; Jan 22, 2013 at 4:57 pm Reason: Added pics
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:35 pm

Apparently, you can't book online for their top suites ( Homestead, Federation & Manor ) until late July. After that, you need to call them, and 'negotiate' your request. They will ask some questions, and it sounds like, you will need to pay-up-front too.

Last edited by 404; Jan 27, 2013 at 7:50 am
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:54 pm

I can see myself buying ice at a nearby Service Station ( Gas Station ), keeping it in an esky ( insulated storage container ) in the boot ( trunk ), and taking my own ice bucket back to room as needed.

Yep, all to save $2.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by 404
Apparently, you can't book online for their top suites ( Homestead, Federation & Manor ) until late July. After that, you need to call them, and 'negotiate' your request. They will ask some questions, and it sounds like, you will need to pay-up-front too.
Scant availability of Homestead Suites is present eg 12/2-14/2

1 KING BED HOMESTEAD SUITE
View Description

$ 539.10 AUD

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
1 KING BED HOMESTEAD SUITE
RELAX IN COMFORT OF 67SQM SUITE 2 PRIVATE BALCONIES SITTING ROOM DINING FOR 4 HIGH SPEED INTERNET WORK DESK POWER ROOM SLEIGH BED CRISP FEATHER DUVET CLASSIC QUEENSLANDER HOMESTEAD STYLING CLUB ACCESS INCL FULL BKFST ALL DAY REFRESHMENTS EVENING DRINKS CANAPES MAX 3AD ROLLAWAY BED AVAIL AT CHARGE
Government Rate
$ 539.10 AUD per room, per night
RATE CHANGE:
Wed 13 Feb 2013 - Thu 14 Feb 2013 $ 629.10 AUD per night (1 room(s))
Tax: 10% per night included in rate effective 12 February, 2013 thru 14 February, 2013
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:44 pm

Could have been a cancellation for those dates only.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:33 am

staying there with an RA on a Hyatt diamond award booked 8 mths ago
Has anyone stayed there yet on old award
Has anyone stayed there on a PC award.
Did they adhere to Sydney IC standards?

Last edited by tinkybelle; Feb 4, 2013 at 10:53 pm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
also interested how they treat RA on PP BOGO rates?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
also interested how they treat RA on PP BOGO rates?
No issues, stayed on a PP BOGO over Oz Day, booked lowest room and got homestead suite with club access!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
No issues, stayed on a PP BOGO over Oz Day, booked lowest room and got homestead suite with club access!
sounds good!

Did that show in your reservation? Mine still showing garden room

travelling with 2 kids so have 2 double bed config. Hope that doesn't impact on it in any way..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
sounds good!

Did that show in your reservation? Mine still showing garden room

travelling with 2 kids so have 2 double bed config. Hope that doesn't impact on it in any way..
I booked a garden twin, and it showed in my res on the day, after being upgraded to a Queenslander suite the day before.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
IC Sanctuary Cove master thread

I might be going there for a wedding... Booked reward night at this property as I won't need anything except the bed... I will see how that plays out
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:59 am

Secured Tiger's $10. each way airfare today for 2 adults + 2 kids ...
Still got current 'annular' card for theme parks ...
Won't be RA in July.
Booked 'basic' twin garden view room, what can I reasonably expect as a Plat. AMB ??

( staying on PP BOGO @ $124.50 per night )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.