Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Sanctuary Cove (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
as RA given suite asked for club given choice or pay $100 for club.
The club has changed for the better.
very good food choices for drinks. very full club but it is boat show.
the suite is still the same but not smelly or musty .
I think for 25 yrs( yes it was built in 1988) it has weathered very well.
looks almost new.
I still like this property and have seen some very good prices when they are not full.
Old May 25, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I was the for a few stays last month . I have kids aged 3 and 5 which weren't allowed in the club so I told them to give me some free kids activities which they did . I got the homestead suite both times from booking two categories up from the standard room .

I also used the PC in the club to print out documents and browse Internet which is free and nobody seemed to mine . Even tho I stayed under a complementary Brg . Funny thing happened tho after I checked out and then left the property down to the QT I came back to the manager telling me there has been a mistake and I can't have two Brg at the same property and they wanted to charge me.

I printed out the T&C's for him to have a read and a few hours later it was sorted and he gave me the homestead suite with club access . This hotel is like any other if you let them walk over you they will . But if you open your mouth things start happening
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:00 am

Sounds like you did a bit better than me Shanye.
Just got back from a PP two night stay.
Booked Club Marina View room ( prior to RA referral being processed ), and when went to 'lower' my booked room back down to 'basic', it was almost the same as a Club room !!
So kept booking as such.
Only got a Queenslander suite ( 1 x king bed / no roll-out )
A little inconvenient, as we too had 2 x kids under 10 with us.
Mini-bar not as well stocked as Sydney IC, but did have full bottle of NZ sav. blanc ( which I like ). Plenty of bottled water ( various sizes ) - most of which was taken out during our half day trips.
Would however like something other than a GOLF BALL for an AMB room gift !!!! ( and the fruit .... well, the banana wasn't eaten, and subsequently 'died' the next day ( I mean, it turned black in 24 hours !! )
Breakfast in the main restaurant was good, but I just hate being asked to pay for coffee to 'take-away' ( $4.50 )
On check-out, no issues at all about additional charges being made. Everything was in order - both kids were free at breakfast, and movie + internet wasn't charged for ( as compared with some recent HI stays, where they 'try it' on you ... )
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Had a great stay here last month. Six nights, three paid and three points. Booked Marina View room, was given the Manor Suite plus Club for all six nights. See my post in the RA thread.

Couldn't have asked for better treatment. Club was nice but very low usage (which suited us). Enjoyed the lagoon pool, and even had some unexpected entertainment when two of the Sanctuary Cove locals had a cat fight over the last pool towel! Security and Police brought in!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Six night stay less than stella

booked a 6 night stay as I needed to attend a convention at the Gold Coast Convention Cente.

as an Ambassador prefer a IC over a CP - and after watching the rates got a great price, $170 AUD per night.

Would have been a garden view room - but got upgraded to a Pool View room.

fruit bowl and regular 2 bottles of water each day.

Thats where is sort of ended.

No newspaper.

So day 1 of my stay, the heavens open, the closest umbrella stand is under cover but not totally undercover from my room.

When I returned I left the dripping umbrella outside my door, but everytime I left it would have been moved.

As a dining rewards member I ate in the hotel restaurant, quite nice, staff charming, the matre'd ignored me.

Breakfast buffet was $39, reduced down to $29 with the Dinings Reward card, but it took 5 - 10 minutes every morning to do this as none of the staff new what the card was or how to deal with it.

Friday night after a long day at the convention, still pouring with rain thank you Cyclone marcia - I ate in the restaurant again, this time the matre'd welcomed me in a very snooty way, placed me next to the kitchen (which we all know is status death), and then ignored me for the rest of the night.

Monday and Tuesdays i choose to eat next door in the Mirage Village, and Tuesday when wanting to use the pool - no mattresses on the loungers, 1 person in the pool house bar - open for a few hours directed me to the towel cupboard. No one taking drink orders or doing table service.

But the event that took the cake was laundry.

As I needed 6 business shirts ironed - the first thing I did when i arrived Wednesday afternoon was unpack, and put the 6 laundered shirts into a laundry bag, filled out the form and called instant service.

My previous stay, they were collected and returned to me within the hour for a cost of $25 approx.

I then left the bag and form on the end of the bed, when off to a casual business meeting at about 330pm. Got back at 9pm - no laundry bag collected.

rang next morning - told it had to go express as it was after 9am.

So laundry came back prior to 5pm, nicely done but charged $67 for it.

Would have been cheaper to drive to the dry cleaners myself.

When I questioned the charge at check out was told that it was all express anyway as there was a 50% surcharge on laundry.

If this is what Australian hotels have come to - is it any wonder most of us choose to holiday in Asia

Room was great, bed nice.

Thats about it
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:44 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Intercontinetal Sanctuary Cove Manor Suite

InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Manor Circle Hope Island, QL AU 4212

Intercontinetal Sanctuary Cove Manor Suite (25 Photos)

Having been a regular visitor to the resort since it's rebranding from a Hyatt in 2014, I can confidently say I have experienced many of the different rooms on offer. As an Ambassador, I have never had the entry level Garden room, and until this stay, the top level Manor Suite. What a Suite.

Firstly a little bit about the resort, which does not get too much coverage on Flyertalk. Featuring less than 300 rooms, the resort is built on land that once was just a swamp no one cared for. Along came a developer called Mike Gore who had a dream of taking that swamp and turning into a playground for the rich and famous. Like all good Australian developers of the 80's, he made it happen, and the resort opened in 1986 with a concert featuring Frank Sintatra, Whitney Houston and Peter Allen. Somewhere along the line, the sums failed to add up, and things came crashing down in a big way, with Mike Gore fleeing overseas and the official receiver called in, a story repeated down the road with the Mirage resort and Christopher Skase. In 2002, Mulpha bought the resort and have run it since. For those familiar with the IC Sydney, it will be a name they may have heard of before, as they own that as well, along with other tourism assets.

The resort today has seen many changes from one it was when it first opened, but some reminders still exist. The rooms tend to be large, with good bathrooms and there appears to be a solid program of refurbishment and updating going on. Service is always friendly, and the resort has many facilities to keep family's or couples busy, including a famous lagoon pool almost an acre in size, in addition to the main swimming pool. During holidays there is a kids club, and the marina just around the corner offers dining choices should the hotel become a bit boring. 

One thing I will point out, is the resort is not close to anything other than the marina and local village, so shopping is limited, and the accomodation can be up to ten minutes walk from the main central reception area with its bars and food. The hotel has also previously experienced issues with its aircon, however my last few stays have been trouble free and many of the rooms feature updated systems.

I have probably gone on enough, so I will let the rest of the review speak in pictures:

IMG_1317.JPGIMG_1318.JPGIMG_1319.JPGIMG_1320.JPGIMG_1323.JPGIMG_1324.JPGIMG_1325.JPGIMG_1326.JPGIMG_1327.JPGIMG_1328.JPGIMG_1329.JPGIMG_1332.JPGIMG_1334.JPGIMG_1335.JPGIMG_1336.JPGIMG_1337.JPGIMG_1338.JPGIMG_1339.JPGIMG_1340.JPGIMG_1341.JPGIMG_1343.JPGIMG_1344.JPGIMG_1345.JPGIMG_1346.JPGIMG_1347.JPG

Room

Have to say huge, with dining for ten, a kitchenette (no plates or cutlery) and a bar just crying for a party. His and Hers wardrobes and basins, even His and Hers sets of amentities (inert his and his or her and her as required), five TVs, SPA and Sauna.

Overall

Hope I get this room again, it's just a pity the best upgrades come when your solo, as many FTers would know.

Intercontinetal Sanctuary Cove Manor Suite

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:39 am
Suspended

We were upgraded to this suite (as a couple) two years ago. Absolutely loved it. Also thought the staff were great, too. Enjoyed the Club.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by MrOscarh
Enjoyed the Club.
The club has had a number of homes over the years, starting with the Palm Bungalow on rebranding, then it took over the main area of the piano bar to the right of reception. Just recently a new club facility was built to the left of reception overlooking the buffet, restoring the piano bar to its former glory. Given how busy the breakfast is, I cannot imagine it having much ambience of a morning.

Last edited by markis10; Jan 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: IHG RA, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europecar Elite VIP, Virgin Platinum, A3 Gold
Ahh I must make an effort to go this year.

Always have a great time here!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
$200 AUD for club upgrade per night !

Hi, Booked a Homestead Suite without club and asked what the cost per night would be for club access. came back as $200 per night, IC Sydney was only asking $145. Anybody else have any experience?

Kind Regards

Luke
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:08 am

I doubt $200 a night would be worthwhile, although I have yet to experience the new lounge.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Currently inhouse and the tv and internet has been down since early morning.now tokd they are having probs with phillips tvs just call reception and they will reset but docomo doesnt do weekend fixes so no internet till tomorrow-rediculous for a large resort
also never ever been upgraded higher than Queenslander as RA . though friends without status PAYING queenslander and club got the manor on my last stay.

Last edited by aussielori; Mar 10, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Looking at this place for 3 nights in March. What kind of a drive is it to get to Surfers? Theme parks? Hinterland day trips?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Looking at this place for 3 nights in March. What kind of a drive is it to get to Surfers? Theme parks? Hinterland day trips?
Its about 15 minutes from the parks and a leisurely 30 to surfers/sea world.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Thanks....what kind of upgrade is possible if I book the base level Garden View double, as a Plat Amb?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.