Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island [Master Thread]

Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:39 pm
alc
Original Poster

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island [Master Thread]

Not sure when but Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island finally show up on the search page:

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...in/hoteldetail

It state it is accepting reservation as of April 1st, 2013.

Best Flexible Rate is $3400.00 on April 1st, 2013. A random date in May is $2907.00 while a random date in June is $3800.00

But what I found surprising (to me, at least) is the reward night is only 25K. I would expect it will be 35K.

No picture yet at this point. Will see how my upcoming stay at the 15K HIX SOHO this x'mas, might change to this hotel before re-consider CP CAUSEWAY BAY at 35K.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:34 pm
alc
Original Poster

Thought to mention that new photos had been added to the web site:

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...l/photos-tours

Looks pretty nice.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, United Mileage Plus, SPG, Priority Club
that is surprisingly low for an Indigo hotel.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:12 am
alc
Original Poster

Back on Jan 18 when the new rate show up, I reported on the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...rd-levels.html thread that this Indigo in HK went up from 25K to 30K before even open. Was doing some search yesterday for hotel at HK and noticed this Indigo is now showing 45K! 80% increase before even open! Not sure when did that happened, but if anyone are actually thinking to try this hotel when it open, you might want to try to book it using the old 25K rate before March 18 deadline.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:44 pm

I see from the hotel's website that the hotel is open - who is going to be the first to stay?
Found this on the Conde Nast websites-
http://www.cntraveller.com/news/2013...g-hotel-indigo
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, United Mileage Plus, SPG, Priority Club
I wonder if the rooftop pool is opened yet, it was what I look forward most for this hotel. Even though it may not be the best weather for the pool yet in Hong Kong.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I see from the hotel's website that the hotel is open - who is going to be the first to stay?
Found this on the Conde Nast websites-
http://www.cntraveller.com/news/2013...g-hotel-indigo
I'm there on points 25k opening rate early May so I'd also be keen to hear from anyone there earlier
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:03 pm

I won't be there until late November - also on the 25000 point deal
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:26 pm

It looks really good on the website, looking like I may be in HKG for a night in June. May consider it. Rate is 45,000 points now, though. Cash is only $2,600 HKD. Waiting for budget approvals etc.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Why would you use 45K points at the Indigo if the IC HKG comes for the same number of points? Unless you want to be in Central. Personally I still find 2.6 HKD quite steep, but great if your company allows that. I guess I'm spoiled by our corp rate at IC GS HKG that is roughly half that amount. The CP on Causeway Bay is nice too and usually a bit cheaper in the low 2K range. YMMV.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by demue
Why would you use 45K points at the Indigo if the IC HKG comes for the same number of points? Unless you want to be in Central. Personally I still find 2.6 HKD quite steep, but great if your company allows that. I guess I'm spoiled by our corp rate at IC GS HKG that is roughly half that amount. The CP on Causeway Bay is nice too and usually a bit cheaper in the low 2K range. YMMV.
+1 However if OP is not RA, then he might have a better chance of upgrade/other perks if he stays at an Indigo.

AFAIK the CP in TKO offers Plat members free breakfast - not sure about the one in Causeway Bay. If that's the case, then you kind of get more for your $/point.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:52 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
not sure about the one in Causeway Bay.
You get breakfast only if you got the club floor upgrade. And from the last upgrade (1st time) that I got in x'mas, they said it is because I am an IC-A member. See my post here for detail about the upgrade.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by alc
You get breakfast only if you got the club floor upgrade. And from the last upgrade (1st time) that I got in x'mas, they said it is because I am an IC-A member. See my post here for detail about the upgrade.
I talked to a staff at CP TKO and she used to work for the one in Causeway Bay and she said that they don't give upgrade to club access (I'm used to Marriott lounge policy not CP).

I didn't realise that IC Ambassador will have that effect in a CP.

So the perks are definitely better at the one in Kowloon East - since you get breakfast also on point stays (for the member only though).
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I talked to a staff at CP TKO and she used to work for the one in Causeway Bay and she said that they don't give upgrade to club access .
We got upgraded to Club floor with Club access at the CP Causeway Bay on an award booking - not sure if we booked in my name (RA) or my husband's (Plat Amb) a few months ago.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
We got upgraded to Club floor with Club access at the CP Causeway Bay on an award booking - not sure if we booked in my name (RA) or my husband's (Plat Amb) a few months ago.
IME, CP CWB will upgrade Plats (on paid and award stays) and then grant whichever benefits come with the room type you've been upgraded to. A club room will come with breakfast, but a racecourse view room will not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.