Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
It will be the first time in HKG so we will be around almost all the day.

What about location of both hotels?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by MarcoGT
What about location of both hotels?
if you are looking to have easy access to public transport, HIX is the far better choice with near-direct access to the MTR.

indigo has some nice places to walk around to, though...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:09 am

Hard choice...Indigo seems far better, but HIX has better location...not able to decide
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:14 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

If you didn't stay at an indigo before - try it now
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:15 am

Never stayed at Indigo...

I will go for it

(even if now I have a refundable booking for Intercontinental Grand Stanford...which I think is better than Indigo...right?)
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:28 am

The position of the Indigo is much better than the IC GS - Wanchai is a great area to stay in - short walk to lots of restaurants and Wanchai market on your doorstop. Busses stop outside the door to take you to Central, Stanley, Causeway Bay etc.. Wanchai station is a 5 minute walk away. The hotel itself is very modern and the rooms are well equipped. The other IHG hotel I recommend in HK is the CP at Causeway Bay.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
I had a great stay in this hotel last December. Free wifi, late check-out, free welcome drinks and an upgrade. Not bad considering I paid only 1000HKD++ per night

Very good service throughout the stay. Nevertheless I will still probably choose the CP causeway bay over Indigo if the price is approximately the same.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Can I assume that this is some bad code by Trivago and not a real sale that IHG isn't treating the click-through correctly on?

http://i.imgur.com/sCGcRfF.png

Or can somebody PM me and tell me how to make it work
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
What is the typical upgrade experience here? Is it the normal Indigo1 category upgrade?

Is there a free minibar, if so what does it contain?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Can I assume that this is some bad code by Trivago and not a real sale that IHG isn't treating the click-through correctly on?

http://i.imgur.com/sCGcRfF.png

Or can somebody PM me and tell me how to make it work
I suspect the comparison is from HKD to USD
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:12 am

Stayed here for a few days last week, and I really like this property.

The neighborhood is terrific. Most of the best-known HK hotels are in commercial neighborhoods, but the Indigo is in a mixed residential-commercial area. That has a big impact on the shops and restaurants nearby -- they're not aimed only at workers and tourists. This area of Wan Chai has changed enormously in recent years, moving from something of a hardscrabble neighborhood filled with tenement buildings to a much more gentrified area with upscale residences and retail outlets. Obviously not so good if you've been displaced, but really attractive for visitors. It's no more than a 5-minute walk (through a street market) to both the MTR and the Ding Ding.

Thye hotel itself is a decent property. Most floors have 8 rooms, of which 4 are corner rooms (higher category), so anyone with any status has a very good chance of an upgrade. The corner room I got was huge by HK standards, and extremely functional. No views to speak of, unless you like to see the Central Plaza building. The staff seem especially eager to please and help.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
All very true

Downside is the pricng. It is often 3 to 4 times the price of local brand boutique hotels like Butterfly or iClub. Yes these groups hotels have rough edges but at a seeming base price of 1518 HK$ even in low demand nights the Indigo is a poor option.

The iClub can fall to around 500 or less on such nights.

No bonus poins and dreadful breakfast food makes The Indigo a rare choice for me.

Originally Posted by wideman
Stayed here for a few days last week, and I really like this property.

The neighborhood is terrific. Most of the best-known HK hotels are in commercial neighborhoods, but the Indigo is in a mixed residential-commercial area. That has a big impact on the shops and restaurants nearby -- they're not aimed only at workers and tourists. This area of Wan Chai has changed enormously in recent years, moving from something of a hardscrabble neighborhood filled with tenement buildings to a much more gentrified area with upscale residences and retail outlets. Obviously not so good if you've been displaced, but really attractive for visitors. It's no more than a 5-minute walk (through a street market) to both the MTR and the Ding Ding.

Thye hotel itself is a decent property. Most floors have 8 rooms, of which 4 are corner rooms (higher category), so anyone with any status has a very good chance of an upgrade. The corner room I got was huge by HK standards, and extremely functional. No views to speak of, unless you like to see the Central Plaza building. The staff seem especially eager to please and help.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Both indigo and CP causeway bay are 45k/night. If only having Plat status and with a family, which would be a better Hotel choice?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
Both indigo and CP causeway bay are 45k/night. If only having Plat status and with a family, which would be a better Hotel choice?
I've stayed in both as Plat. I'd choose the Indigo: the corner room that you'll likely be upgraded to is bigger than the room at the CP, and I find the neighborhood in the immediate vicinity of the Indigo to be a lot more interesting. One plus of the CP with a family is the tram stop in front of the hotel -- you've got a short walk to the tram from the Indigo.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:07 am
wdc

what are my chances of getting upgraded as a spire elite on a week long stay booked with points?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.