Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Intercontinental in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01

From the hotel, it is about 1 minute walk to Exit 13 of the station. From there, it is around 400- 500m (based on my memory) walk to the Ginza line. Unfortunately, Exit 13 has only one escalator, which is upward travelling. So if you are descending into the walkway from floor area, you will have to climb down. Alternatively, you can head straight to Asakasa Intercity (which is another minute walk away) where there is a lift to the underground walkway to the train station.The underground walkway to the train station is barrier free and you should be able to push the tram to the platform area.

Let me know if you need more information.
Thanks guys, great stuff.

Do any of the stations have elevators for a stroller? I’ll probably have my baby in a baby carrier but my back can probably only take so much.

The other hotel I’m considering is Hyatt Centric in Ginza. I think we will be spending a fair amount of time in Ginza but also want to go to Shinjuku. Last time my wife and I were in Tokyo, we stayed at Hyatt Regency and IC Tokyo Bay. Both were fine but a little remote. We don’t want to walk to Shinjuku from HR with a baby in tow. Tokyo Bay was right at the Takeshiba station but a little hard to get to where I want to go.

The main reason I’m looking at IC rather than Hyatt Centric is because we have a couple free night certs as well as a BOGO weekend cert that will expire around that time. I considered doing 4 nights at each but that might be difficult with a baby and all the gear we’ll have to carry.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DaveInLA

Do any of the stations have elevators for a stroller? I’ll probably have my baby in a baby carrier but my back can probably only take so much.

The other hotel I’m considering is Hyatt Centric in Ginza. I think we will be spending a fair amount of time in Ginza but also want to go to Shinjuku. Last time my wife and I were in Tokyo, we stayed at Hyatt Regency and IC Tokyo Bay. Both were fine but a little remote. We don’t want to walk to Shinjuku from HR with a baby in tow. Tokyo Bay was right at the Takeshiba station but a little hard to get to where I want to go.

The main reason I’m looking at IC rather than Hyatt Centric is because we have a couple free night certs as well as a BOGO weekend cert that will expire around that time. I considered doing 4 nights at each but that might be difficult with a baby and all the gear we’ll have to carry.
Hi,

I think most stations have an elevator but it might not be at the closest exit for the hotel etc ( ie there is potential for some surface walking)

Regards

TBS
Old May 28, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA

Did you consider the Andaz? It isn't right on a subway station, but a few blocks away and fantastic Hyatt property.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Did you consider the Andaz? It isn't right on a subway station, but a few blocks away and fantastic Hyatt property.
Yes I did, but it’s too expensive for me right now. I really want to use my IHG certs.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:32 pm

How close is the ANA to good quick food? With a 6 mo old with us, my wife and I may be stuck in the hotel for prolonged periods of time. I’m looking for stuff that can be taken to go and <5 min walk away. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency and IC Tokyo Bay a few years ago and felt everything was 10+ min away by foot. My wife wants something more central.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:55 pm

Actually IC ANA located in "Ark Hills" business complex area,you will be able to find several restaurants in "Ark Mori Building" which is physically just few steps away from the front door of IC ANA.

Find restaurant ? shops ARK Hills - ARK Hills
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Looking at spending maybe 3-4 nights in Tokyo in the autumn for a holiday.

which intercontinental?

We’ll be using points and I’m a RA.

Any suggestion? The Ana looks a bit dated...
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lewis42

which intercontinental?

If you are ruling out the ANA, I would go for the IC The Strings. Much better than the IC Tokyo Bay - more modern, better transport links, better restaurant options etc. However, The Strings hasn't got a lounge...but when in Tokyo, why would you want to be in a lounge and not enjoying the city?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Crofton138
If you are ruling out the ANA, I would go for the IC The Strings. Much better than the IC Tokyo Bay - more modern, better transport links, better restaurant options etc. However, The Strings hasn't got a lounge...but when in Tokyo, why would you want to be in a lounge and not enjoying the city?
i try to avoid lounges when on holiday anyway, it slaps away enjoying the local food... as you said, who cares when in Tokyo?

So do you think the Ana is a good option?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador

i try to avoid lounges when on holiday anyway, it slaps away enjoying the local food... as you said, who cares when in Tokyo?

So do you think the Ana is a good option?
If you are RA, choose ANA, no other choice.
For Strings, wait until this November. Now they are under construction of Club Lounge.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:16 am

which intercontinental?

Go for the ANA. A lot of the rooms have been refurbished (maybe all by now) and as an RA you'll be treated very well.

The Tokyo Bay doesn't quite have the facilities and The Strings is miles away.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 1010101
The Tokyo Bay doesn't quite have the facilities and The Strings is miles away.
We actually found The Strings to be well located for our needs, as we:

- landed into NRT and arrived at Shinagawa on the Narita Express
- travelled south on the Shinkansen from Shinagawa
- used the JR Yamanote line an awful lot to get to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku etc

Yes, it's miles away from the centre of Tokyo but it's actually much more convenient for public transport than either the ANA or Tokyo Bay, especially getting in/out of Tokyo. Everyone's view will be different based on what they plan to do/see during their visit of course.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Though I haven't stayed in any other Intercontinental, I too agree with @Crofton138. Super convenient having a major train station attached to the hotel as well as a 7-11 and Yoshinoya near the entrance.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
IC ANA can be accessed via elevators and escalators if you take the subway exit before the closest one and walking few more yards on the.surface
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:28 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Though I haven't stayed in any other Intercontinental, I too agree with @Crofton138. Super convenient having a major train station attached to the hotel as well as a 7-11 and Yoshinoya near the entrance.
I agree, we found the strings well located as well and very much enjoyed our stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.