Wiki Posts
Search

The old IHG websites

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
The old IHG websites

I very much enjoyed using the old IHG websites (e.g. seen here http://web.archive.org/web/201001051...elsgroup.com/#)

Unlike the new sites, the pages were quick to load, tabbed browsing was supported; and they were not cumbersome and riddled with (as many!) errors.

Is there any way to access live versions of the old websites? For example, through a certain browser, mobile device or particular user agent ID?

I remember there was a long overlap period during which the old ihg.com site overlapped with the new holidayinn.com site. Although I do generally embrace change, in this case I would hate to think that all the old sites have been consigned to the "recycle bin"!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by Errata
tabbed browsing was supported
What is the problem with the new website?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I also liked the former functionalities we have not now:
- Full history
- No need to click on the date of history to see the name of the hotel
- Easy way to all see the pics of hotel
- Automatic check-out day (day +1) when entering the check-in day (and change accordingly when entering another date)
- Expiration date of Royal Ambassador status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.