Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Quick question, for a stay in Europe.

Can I use the certificate for a stay starting on Sunday and ending on Tuesday?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Quick question, for a stay in Europe.

Can I use the certificate for a stay starting on Sunday and ending on Tuesday?
I would suspect that the answer is "No" given the following text from IC's terms and conditions:
'Weekend' is determined as follows: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
In your scenario, you are only staying for 1 weekend night (Sunday) and the certificate grants a free second weekend night.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Does the cert disappear when you book like it does for the free night one?
No. I know have two bookings with this offer. One for Nov and one for March. My IHG account still shows the cert saying to redeem before 1st Dec.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
We still haven't heard from anyone that has the e-cert, booked the FWNC rate, stayed at the property, didn't use a paper voucher and subsequently had the online voucher used up / redeemed by the system post stay.

That's what I'm interested in.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I just left the IC Moscow and upon checkin we were asked to forward the voucher to them. We had brought the paper vouchers just in case and they took the paper vouchers. She was surprised when I explained that I could not forward the voucher to the hotel. I will find out when I get home if they used the electronic certificate or not.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks, sounds like IHG training at it's best again.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
i just used a paper voucher at the ic bkk. My online one is still there. and its been over a week
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Is it possible to combine the free weekend night with cashback?
In other words, is the booking to be done exclusively thru https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rtificate/book?
Or does a booking of two flexible nights (which is the same rate anyways) on the main IHG website, accessed thru a cashback portal, count, too?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:08 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by igor82j
Is it possible to combine the free weekend night with cashback?
In other words, is the booking to be done exclusively thru https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rtificate/book?
Or does a booking of two flexible nights (which is the same rate anyways) on the main IHG website, accessed thru a cashback portal, count, too?
I found it was possible to combine with cashback: after being directed to the booking page, click on "Terms & Conditions", there click on "Free Ambassador night conditions" where I could find a link to the booking site of the "free" weekend night. Cashback was traced.

HTB.
EDIflyer and igor82j like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by robnc35
i just used a paper voucher at the ic bkk. My online one is still there. and its been over a week
Used paper one four weeks ago (not that anyone asked for it). Just booked again with electronic that showed up just after. What can it hurt? I'll watch and see if it holds...
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Biggie let me know how it goes i might give it a try
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
So far, so good. New year for me now, and the reservation is still up there and the money shown for the upcoming reservation is right.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:38 pm

I just logged into my account and the e-cert is showing that I used it on the date that we arrived at the IC Moscow.

In the box that shows the expiration date, I have “Redeemed on June xx, 2019” and the grey button next to it shows redeemed.

i did receive the correct number of points for the stay.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:05 am

If you can ...would you post a small screen capture showing this please?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
If you can ...would you post a small screen capture showing this please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.