Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 1:15 am

Yes that is the exact situation I was in last weekend. The property took my paper certificate and did not 'deduct' the electronic one from my account. demue above mentioned that the hotel took a friend's electronic certificate post stay from their account ...I would like to see this process documented a lot more clearly by IHG and the Ambassador program (considering they are all so good at writing 1000's of lines of nonsense T's and C's but they can't explain simply how a certificate is redeemed) ...oh well.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by demue
I haven't tried it myself yet, but a colleague reported that he booked a stay under AMB Cert rate and during / after his stay the eVoucher was auto deducted from his account. Not sure on the IC in question. YMMV.
I guess that may answer my question. If the cert is taken during the stay, you can cancel and rebook if the price drops as it doesn't take the cert at the time of booking.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
So I just noticed the eCert for the first time today when logging in - says expires 1st Jan 2020. I've also still got a paper cert - if you book do they auto-deduct the electronic one or is there a way to book making use of the paper one?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:28 am

Yes, that is the million dollar question we have been asking above. See @demue comments about a colleague who has gone through the process. How you can instruct the front desk to use the paper one in your hand vs. the one 'electronically' in your account is still unknown based on this thread history.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:38 pm
Etp

How does the folio/receipt look like for a BOGO stay? Does it reflect the full cost of both nights?

Last edited by Etp; Jun 17, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:23 pm

In my experience they've manually adjusted it so only shows the corrected cost (ie not full cost and then a discount)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Etp
How does the folio/receipt look like for a BOGO stay? Does it reflect the full cost of both nights?
Based on my par experiences with IC in Asia, it will show as the full first day room rate and no room charge on the second day.
tentseller likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Except for the IC Bali where they'll split your room rate over two nights and hence make it 50% below BAR and render it ineligible as a discounted rate. Watch out at that property
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:07 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
IC in Kunming also messed it up by somehow just showing a total price for two nights and not providing points because the rate would not qualify. Ambassador Service fixed it in a heartbeat.

Data point: I've used my paper cert back in April and still have the electronic cert in my account. It's probably safe to use it, I guess.

HTB.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by htb
Data point: I've used my paper cert back in April and still have the electronic cert in my account. It's probably safe to use it, I guess.

HTB.
How would you be able to do that now, assuming you don't have an existing reservation made prior to the change? I don't see how it would be possible when booking the BOGO rate. System is automatically going to take the online cert in your account. Perhaps possible if you use your online BOGO first, but perhaps not-- hotel may refuse paper cert. Can you even book a BOGO now without it showing available in your account. I too have a paper cert but figure I'll end up tossing it like the one from the year prior.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
It does let me book for next year despite my current cert expiring in Dec. At least you can lock in rates now and cancel if needed.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by chistery
It does let me book for next year despite my current cert expiring in Dec. At least you can lock in rates now and cancel if needed.
Does the cert disappear when you book like it does for the free night one?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:05 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Steph58
How would you be able to do that now, assuming you don't have an existing reservation made prior to the change? I don't see how it would be possible when booking the BOGO rate. System is automatically going to take the online cert in your account. Perhaps possible if you use your online BOGO first, but perhaps not-- hotel may refuse paper cert. Can you even book a BOGO now without it showing available in your account. I too have a paper cert but figure I'll end up tossing it like the one from the year prior.
I said "I've used the paper cert in April". This means: I booked a two night stay, checked in, passed over my paper certificate and paid for only one night. Two months later I realize that I also have an electronic certificate stored in my account which is still valid until later this year. I assume it's a complimentary offer related to the introduction of electronic certificates.

HTB.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Does the cert disappear when you book like it does for the free night one?
It didn't for me. I booked two nights at the IC Miami for January 2020 using the Ambassador pricing rate but the certificate is still listed on my account. The reservation shows the full price for two nights and states that the "...second weekend night will be credited to your bill at check-in when a valid ID and IHG® Rewards Club number are presented." The reservation further states, "This special rate is available for Ambassador and Royal Ambassadors, only with a valid complimentary night benefit that is not expired or already redeemed."

Based on that, I assume that the online certificate will remain on my account up until I actually check in at the IC.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Croptop
It didn't for me. I booked two nights at the IC Miami for January 2020 using the Ambassador pricing rate but the certificate is still listed on my account. The reservation shows the full price for two nights and states that the "...second weekend night will be credited to your bill at check-in when a valid ID and IHG® Rewards Club number are presented." The reservation further states, "This special rate is available for Ambassador and Royal Ambassadors, only with a valid complimentary night benefit that is not expired or already redeemed."

Based on that, I assume that the online certificate will remain on my account up until I actually check in at the IC.
Great - so hopefully that means anyone with a valid paper certificate should still be able to use that at check-in without using up the online one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.