Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
If I understand correctly, the "Free" Ambassador weekend night rate is now 30% higher than the lowest rate.

Not long ago, it seemed that it was 20% higher, but when that benefit started, from what I remember, the rate was the same as the regular rate for the same night.
IHG is redefining the meaning of the word "Free"!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:06 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. Are BOGO cert weekend stays still upgraded like a normal paid stay?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:14 pm

Yes, it counts as a paid stay.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:26 pm

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by nock
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. Are BOGO cert weekend stays still upgraded like a normal paid stay?
It depends on the property.

We never know what the true upgrade is until we can compare the non-upgraded room vs the upgraded
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:10 pm

Sorry, can you explain?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:08 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
I read somewhere that the Amb. Cert. could be used at a Kimpton? Is this true?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by not2017
I read somewhere that the Amb. Cert. could be used at a Kimpton? Is this true?
No, the Ambassador program is for Intercontinental Hotels only.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
That’s a shame - with the addition of six senses that would have been quite something!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:01 pm

Can you still get the ambassador program by giving 40k points?

It seems like all the benefits are at Intercontinental hotels only. Would I get the USD20 credit toward our restaurants at a regular Holiday Inn?

I never ever stay in Intercontinental hotels....because they are 2 states away.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ambassador status benefits are at Intercontinental hotels only.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by UASPG
If I understand correctly, the "Free" Ambassador weekend night rate is now 30% higher than the lowest rate.

Not long ago, it seemed that it was 20% higher, but when that benefit started, from what I remember, the rate was the same as the regular rate for the same night.
IHG is redefining the meaning of the word "Free"!
Yeah that's why they are far from transparent and view the " ambassador rate ' as almost a propriatary trade secret.
not easily accessible. Years ago anyone ambassador or not could view rate. It's a defacto 20 percent discount not 50 percent.
​​​​​​Ironically I have found that often better of ( on what would have been an eligable period and ambassador rates were available. If points available one night and virturoso rate better than ambassador redemtiom !!!
Program is a sleezy scam. I have a verisever dislike
for igh rewards everything comes from manilla philpines.
Interesting how it takes months to get a cert but they bill in hours. I regularly see hotels at $238 before AAA discount and reward is 50,000 points!!!
And it's not even available
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by writetorich
Yeah that's why they are far from transparent and view the " ambassador rate ' as almost a propriatary trade secret.
not easily accessible. Years ago anyone ambassador or not could view rate.
The Amb rate equals the best available rate. Always. And the effective discount is usually around 35%. The savings can be smaller if IHG is running a sale and you're willing to book the usually non-flex sales rate. The savings can be larger (smaller) than 35% if the room rate for the second night is higher (lower) than the one for the first night.

And it's not even available
My subjective impression is when you do random trials, the Amb rate is available at least 80% of the time. Obv, YMMV but I find availability to be quite good.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I am trying to utilize the BOGO voucher for a upcoming stay in Intercontinental ANA Hotel in Tokyo in August. The rooms are not available during the period of stay. When I click on the Available Dates calendar, it seems that there are no rooms available from now till Y2020. Is the hotel blocking off all the rooms for BOGO redemption or that this is likely to be a system glitch?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:40 am

I am also looking to book at IC NYC and seeing no availability on any date - assume a system glitch as the ecerts are new

Last edited by slinkydeals; Mar 3, 2019 at 8:41 am Reason: wrong word

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.