Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I don't have Ambassador status but was considering purchasing a membership. Before doing so, I would appreciate if someone with Ambassador staus could check BOGO availabilty and rates for the Bora Bora IC Thalasso for 4/20/19 and 4/21/19 or 4/26 and 4/27. Is it possible to combine a BOGO stay with a points/free nights stay. Thanks in advance.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
I don't have Ambassador status but was considering purchasing a membership. Before doing so, I would appreciate if someone with Ambassador staus could check BOGO availabilty and rates for the Bora Bora IC Thalasso for 4/20/19 and 4/21/19 or 4/26 and 4/27. Is it possible to combine a BOGO stay with a points/free nights stay. Thanks in advance.
Yes BOGO availability at Thalasso on your dates. If you mean the pay the first night of BOGO with points, you can't do that...the first night must be paid.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes BOGO availability at Thalasso on your dates. If you mean the pay the first night of BOGO with points, you can't do that...the first night must be paid.
Appreciate it thank you. Yeah I meant doing a paid BOGO reservation seperately from a points/free nights reservation and combining the reservations. Do you know what the rates were?
Old May 24, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
Appreciate it thank you. Yeah I meant doing a paid BOGO reservation seperately from a points/free nights reservation and combining the reservations. Do you know what the rates were?
Yes, you can book a BOGO reservation and a separate award night reservation, and request to combine the two reservation.

Rates below for a Emerald OWB:

Your Rate

Ambassador weekend night certificate redemption. Pay for first night and get the second night free only when Certificate and ID shown on check-in. Minimum of 2 night weekend stay. This special rate is available for Ambassador and Royal Ambassadors only.
Rate Information per Stay for 1 Room
‎Sat‎ ‎Apr‎ ‎20‎ ‎2019-‎Mon‎ ‎Apr‎ ‎22‎ ‎2019104,818.00 XPFPrice for 1 room(s) and 2 night(s):209,636.00 XPFTaxes:25,328.00 XPFAdditional Charges:10,482.00 XPFTotal Price:245,446.00 XPF

Taxes and Additional Charges

11.7% per night and 400 XPF not included in rate effective 20 April, 2019 thru 22 April, 2019 VAT 5PCT TOURISTIC TAX 5PCT OCCUPANCY FEE 1.695PCT 400XPF CITY TAX
Average Nightly Rate

104,818.00 XPF per room, per night.

Your Rate

Ambassador weekend night certificate redemption. Pay for first night and get the second night free only when Certificate and ID shown on check-in. Minimum of 2 night weekend stay. This special rate is available for Ambassador and Royal Ambassadors only.
Rate Information per Stay for 1 Room
‎Fri‎ ‎Apr‎ ‎26‎ ‎2019-‎Sun‎ ‎Apr‎ ‎28‎ ‎2019104,818.00 XPFPrice for 1 room(s) and 2 night(s):209,636.00 XPFTaxes:25,328.00 XPFAdditional Charges:10,482.00 XPFTotal Price:245,446.00 XPF

Taxes and Additional Charges

11.7% per night and 400 XPF not included in rate effective 26 April, 2019 thru 28 April, 2019 VAT 5PCT TOURISTIC TAX 5PCT OCCUPANCY FEE 1.695PCT 400XPF CITY TAX
Average Nightly Rate

104,818.00 XPF per room, per night.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes, you can book a BOGO reservation and a separate award night reservation, and request to combine the two reservation.

Rates below for a Emerald OWB:
Thank you very for the information. Make my decision to buy Ambassador a lot easier.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:51 pm

Just to confirm, the BOGO certificates work on Overwater Bungalows at the IC Moana Bora Bora? Terms on the BOGO state no suites, and OWBs show up as "suites" on the IHG interface. But the Ambassador weekend rates still show up on the OWBs.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Reaching
Just to confirm, the BOGO certificates work on Overwater Bungalows at the IC Moana Bora Bora? Terms on the BOGO state no suites, and OWBs show up as "suites" on the IHG interface. But the Ambassador weekend rates still show up on the OWBs.
I can't speak to that, but give it a try. It's allowing me to use it to book a suite at The Palazzo, which is all suites.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

The AMB certificate can be used for suites at the hotel's discretion. If they don't allow it, they will cancel your reservation. With that said, I have used the AMB certificate on suites several times without issue.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Dumb question probably, but I will ask anyways. It appears that the second night is the free one. I want to do a Saturday and Sunday stay. Sunday is way cheaper, and almost negates the purpose of using this certificate. Is there any way to get them to waive the Saturday night charge instead?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
No. The T&Cs are quite specific. Furthermore, the hotels are not reimbursed for the free night, so why would they give up the revenue?

mxm135
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by Reaching
I used it last year in early August (high season) without any issue. I actually booked the beach bungalow with Bogo for Friday and Saturday. They upgraded me to the highest category "End of the pontoon overwater bungalow" even though last year I was only Spire Ambassador and I could keep the same room at all times. The hotel staffs are very accommodating.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:21 am

Why are the complimentary AMB weekend rates mostly so much more expensive than other rates. I am looking at the IC Duesseldorf
and they are asking $ 209.00 per night with the certificate while most other rates are well below $ 200.00 as low as $ 176.00 and that
includes breakfast. To be sure, most require prepay, but that option is not given for the certs.

Also IHG makes it harder and harder to obtain the hotel's e-mail address. They do offer a room with lounge access for use with the
cert but I was wondering which category below I can pick to become upgraded to that room. I am a ( paid ) Plat Amb. The cert
rate is 279 compared to 238!

Quick correction, all rates are in Euro not in US$.

Last edited by Exleftseat; Jul 31, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Why are the complimentary AMB weekend rates mostly so much more expensive than other rates. I am looking at the IC Duesseldorf
and they are asking $ 209.00 per night with the certificate while most other rates are well below $ 200.00 as low as $ 176.00 and that
includes breakfast. To be sure, most require prepay, but that option is not given for the certs.

Also IHG makes it harder and harder to obtain the hotel's e-mail address. They do offer a room with lounge access for use with the
cert but I was wondering which category below I can pick to become upgraded to that room. I am a ( paid ) Plat Amb.p The cert

Because the point is for it to be a BOGO at the AMB weekend rate, not a free night while paying the lowest rate available to you. Sometimes it’s a phenomenal deal, sometimes it does not make sense to use it. And, in the example you reference, the rate difference would be very small if averaged over a two night stay.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Exleftseat

cert but I was wondering which category below I can pick to become upgraded to that room. I am a ( paid ) Plat Amb.p The cert

You can't get lounge access on AMB by being upgraded from a room one category below Club, so don't waste your time on this. Since you have one night free (saving about 40% given the higher rate for the weekend certificate) it's worth looking at paying for Club as you then have a good chance of being upgraded to Suite (very cost effective in places like Kuala Lumpur, for instance).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
You can't get lounge access on AMB by being upgraded from a room one category below Club, so don't waste your time on this. Since you have one night free (saving about 40% given the higher rate for the weekend certificate) it's worth looking at paying for Club as you then have a good chance of being upgraded to Suite (very cost effective in places like Kuala Lumpur, for instance).
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Because the point is for it to be a BOGO at the AMB weekend rate, not a free night while paying the lowest rate available to you. Sometimes it’s a phenomenal deal, sometimes it does not make sense to use it. And, in the example you reference, the rate difference would be very small if averaged over a two night stay.
Good explanations and makes sense. Glad I asked. I was so focused on the nightly rate that I completely missed the point of the cert. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.