Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Duke787
Awesome thank you!

Nah thankfully. Next fall just need to get my ducks in a row so I can line things up across flights and hotels and grab what needs to be grabbed at T-331 vs the things that I can sit on.

For this the key is timing the membership to maximize the 12 months
ok. Feel free to make the reservation a year in advance, but I would periodically check prices maybe like once a month. I have had a BOGO reservation drop hundreds of dollars, and since the rate is refundable (and they never collect the payment ahead of time) you should be able to cancel and rebook.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:11 am

Deleted

Last edited by markle; Oct 4, 2017 at 2:43 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Plat, AS 75K, AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
I recently made two nights of reservation using Ambassador BOGO certificate for Saturday and Sunday at an Eastern Europe IC. Saturday rate was significant lower (40 Euro) than Sunday rate, therefore, as per BOGO rate policy, I should be paying for first night and get second night free.

After I made the reservation, no email confirmation was ever sent to my email address. I did, however, printed a hard copy from my final confirmation screen which shows the first night rate and second night rate respectively.

Today, I received a modified confirmation of reservation directly from the hotel. In the confirmation it states, "first night -- Ambassador's Weekend Night Certificate; Second night -- the higher rate".

I immediately emailed the hotel back and pointed out the change was against Ambassador free night's terms and conditions. Someone from the hotel then responded to me asking for my printed copy of proof the the room rate difference.

How lucky of me that I still kept it! It's at home but I'm currently at work, so I'm going to send it to them tomorrow. I don't know how they are going to respond to it after I send them the proof, but I will definitely escalate it to IHG Ambassador Club if they fail to comply with the rules.

Just a reminder to the rest of the flyertalk community that, always keep a copy of your room rate as documentary proof in case if there's a future dispute.

Last edited by vistaril; Oct 9, 2017 at 3:41 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by vistaril
I recently made two nights of reservation using Ambassador BOGO certificate for Saturday and Sunday at an Eastern Europe IC. Saturday rate was significant lower (40 Euro) than Sunday rate, therefore, as per BOGO rate policy, I should be paying for first night and get second night free.

After I made the reservation, no email confirmation was ever sent to my email address. I did, however, printed a hard copy from my final confirmation screen which shows the first night rate and second night rate respectively.

Today, I received a modified confirmation of reservation directly from the hotel. In the confirmation it states, "first night -- Ambassador's Weekend Night Certificate; Second night -- the higher rate".

I immediately emailed the hotel back and pointed out the change was against Ambassador free night's terms and conditions. Someone from the hotel then responded to me asking for my printed copy of proof the the room rate difference.

How lucky of me that I still kept it! It's at home but I'm currently at work, so I'm going to send it to them tomorrow. I don't know how they are going to respond to it after I send them the proof, but I will definitely escalate it to IHG Ambassador Club if they fail to comply with the rules.

Just a reminder to the rest of the flyertalk community that, always keep a copy of your room rate as documentary proof in case if there's a future dispute.

Thanks for the advice, vistaril!

Earlier this year I made a booking via the Weekend Certificate link for IC Osaka for January 2018. The reservation was for a 2 bed deluxe room, and the room rate is JPY 36,000 for Friday night and JPY 131,000 for Saturday night. I have the email confirmation showing these rates.

A few months after I made the reservation, it was changed/upgraded (presumably by the hotel) to a one bedroom suite, and now on my IHG account it shows the room rate being JPY 85,000 for each night.

I will bring a print out of the email confirmation along with the Certificate when I check in. Fingers crossed they don't try to charge more than what I was prepared to pay!

Has anyone seen something similar happening to their reservation before arrival?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by citygourmande

Earlier this year I made a booking via the Weekend Certificate link for IC Osaka for January 2018. The reservation was for a 2 bed deluxe room, and the room rate is JPY 36,000 for Friday night and JPY 131,000 for Saturday night. I have the email confirmation showing these rates.

A few months after I made the reservation, it was changed/upgraded (presumably by the hotel) to a one bedroom suite, and now on my IHG account it shows the room rate being JPY 85,000 for each night.

I will bring a print out of the email confirmation along with the Certificate when I check in. Fingers crossed they don't try to charge more than what I was prepared to pay!

Has anyone seen something similar happening to their reservation before arrival?
Yes, fairly common. That's why a screenshot is really mandatory.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

Happened to me on a recent stay at IC Times Square. The rate changed to the average rate months before the stay.

I was charged the correct amount without any need to intervene.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

no different to online booking screen, which shows average nightly rate not the rates for individual nights. should be zero need to have proof or ask hotel to charge correctly the lower rate on night1 of bogo booking, but if rates are different, and lower for nights1+2 check the checkin amount before signing just in case.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:52 am

Are the Ambassador weekend vouchers no longer traded on Coupon Connection - I realize that this year they have started adding the name to the voucher but there must be some of the older ones without the name still around
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Are the Ambassador weekend vouchers no longer traded on Coupon Connection - I realize that this year they have started adding the name to the voucher but there must be some of the older ones without the name still around
They used to be traded all the time. I don’t recall them being excluded, but I could have missed it.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:07 am

Yes - I traded for some in the past. With the names printed it won't be possible any more of course but I'm looking for one ending in November or December this year which will be the old ones.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Yes - I traded for some in the past. With the names printed it won't be possible any more of course but I'm looking for one ending in November or December this year which will be the old ones.
I have a Jan or Feb 18 one with no name on it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
have dates been more restricted using BOGO?!?
I used to have not much dificulties using them in japan for xmas, LNY... but i cannot book them for the whole december this year! (Ok, not exactly early, but...)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by kaka
I used to have not much dificulties using them in japan for xmas, LNY... but i cannot book them for the whole december this year! (Ok, not exactly early, but...)
I think they have limited inventory for use of AMB BOGO voucher. I have managed to book a room at ANA IC in Tokyo during the New Year's eve weekend. That was booked a few months ago.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by kaka
Originally Posted by hclee01
I think they have limited inventory for use of AMB BOGO voucher. I have managed to book a room at ANA IC in Tokyo during the New Year's eve weekend. That was booked a few months ago.
My experience as well.

Asian holidays are a pain to try to get Amb BOGO rooms around Asian IC's

I still have to try to get a Harbourview IC HK room with BOGO for Second day of LNY.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:18 pm

Is it possible to book 2 nights using the free night certificate, then book 1 night separate, using best available rate and have them combine them so that I don’t have to check out, and check back in again?
Booking same room category on both bookings. Using 2+1 rather then 3 nights on one saves me for a couple of hundred dollers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.