Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
4x great European hotels (2x Asian) with very large potential savings on second foc night. If Amb (non-RA) look at booking rates that include Club Lounge Experience or Breakfast (if no Club experience)

o IC-Park Lane London (Book Lon Exec for Lounge access).
Always big saving, even more so in high daily rate months (eg July, August, NYE)

o IC-Paris Le Grand
ADR on std room varies from Eur270 - 650. Booking Junior Suite or Clubroom is advised

o IC-Amstel
Flex on std room varies 500-800 (ADR 400-700) .
If possible if non-RA, book Club Experience rate

o IC-Cannes (no Club Lounge)
Std room on adr varies from low season Eur280 to 1000 in high season.
Book breakfast rate if allowed as no lounge here.

o IC-Danang Vietnam
A great resort hotel can reach European rates. Rates/saving highest in season, eg June-July

o IC-HongKong (not the IC-GS in Hong Kong)
Costly hotel for Asia but less costly than Europe, highest saving would be weekend that follows Chinese New Year
Thank you scubaccr - this is exactly the kind of information I wanted! Unfortunately, I am not a RA and the rates at all the properies you mentioned are too dear for me. Do you have any similar suggestions (in Asia, Europe or Australia) at more modest price levels? Thanks again for your thoughtful response.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by puchong
Thank you scubaccr - this is exactly the kind of information I wanted! Unfortunately, I am not a RA and the rates at all the properies you mentioned are too dear for me. Do you have any similar suggestions (in Asia, Europe or Australia) at more modest price levels? Thanks again for your thoughtful response.
The biggest value is booking the room underneath a suite and then getting the upgrade to the suite. You have to give us an idea of what price levels you are looking at.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
The biggest value is booking the room underneath a suite and then getting the upgrade to the suite. You have to give us an idea of what price levels you are looking at.
Obviously, YMMV; for me, inclusion of breakfast is more important than a suite per se. However, it all depends on the location - for some places like Singapore & Bangkok, where there are ample F&B outlets rights out of the doorstep, breakfast is less important. In terms of price levels, anything north of US$150 inclusive of taxes is hard to justify.

As a SPG Platinum & Hilton Diamond, there are almost always other places to stay where lounges, breakfast & upgrades are easily available. Dropping $$$ in such a situation, is not worth it, IMO.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:15 pm

Obviously, YMMV; for me, inclusion of breakfast is more important than a suite per se. However, it all depends on the location - for some places like Singapore & Bangkok, where there are ample F&B outlets rights out of the doorstep, breakfast is less important. In terms of price levels, anything north of US$150 inclusive of taxes is hard to justify.

As a SPG Platinum & Hilton Diamond, there are almost always other places to stay where lounges, breakfast & upgrades are easily available. Dropping $$$ in such a situation, is not worth it, IMO.
In my experience with the IC Ambassador certificate, the AMB rate does not include breakfast. ICs refundable rates tend to be over $150 USD for the most part. In some cities in China, such as Beijing or Chengdu, you can get an AMB rate between $125-$150 USD for a base room. To be honest, it may not be worth it for you to sign up for the IC Ambassador program.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
That's the same line of reasoning I used to come the conclusion that it isn't worth retaining AMB. Well that and the fact it took them six months to send my welcome pack with the BOGO cert. OTOH, you can renew for 24K points and IHG points are about as hard to collect as rainwater in Manchester.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I am trying to evaluate if I should buy this, but I dont think I should. Here is my sitatuion:

I am booked at Bora Bora Le Moana on points December 26 - 29, and December 31-Jan 2. I am booked on Cash December 29th (I stupidly dint book the 29th when this property available on points always). If I was to get the ambassador certificate, I have a chance of an upgrade, maybe, but unlikely due to high season. So then I get a 2 for one, at a higher rate, and have to cancel one of my points nights, thus saving me points. So, its not worth it?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
That's the same line of reasoning I used to come the conclusion that it isn't worth retaining AMB. Well that and the fact it took them six months to send my welcome pack with the BOGO cert. OTOH, you can renew for 24K points and IHG points are about as hard to collect as rainwater in Manchester.
Each person must decide based on their usage. For me, it was worth renewing for the BOGO night, bonus points, 10% point rebate, and guarantee upgrade. I use my BOGO night for ICHK superior suite, which usually is around $700 USD a night. The free upgrade gets me to the executive suite which usually goes for $1000 USD a night. To me, that's a high value return because I'm paying about $350 per night for a $1000 suite. Hong Kong hotels are generally expensive already, so the larger room and great view is worth it.

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I am trying to evaluate if I should buy this, but I dont think I should. Here is my sitatuion:

I am booked at Bora Bora Le Moana on points December 26 - 29, and December 31-Jan 2. I am booked on Cash December 29th (I stupidly dint book the 29th when this property available on points always). If I was to get the ambassador certificate, I have a chance of an upgrade, maybe, but unlikely due to high season. So then I get a 2 for one, at a higher rate, and have to cancel one of my points nights, thus saving me points. So, its not worth it?
As of right now, the BOGO date of Dec 29 check-in with a check-out of Dec 31 is available. Beach bungalow is $650 USD and over the water $870 USD.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Would someone mind telling me if the BOGO is available at Bora Bora Thalasso Dec 29 Check-in, Dec 31 checkout? Or, Dec 28-Dec 30, but that is a Thurs/Fri, not sure if that is possible. I can't for the life of me get the Ambassador Certificate to show up on the drop down box.

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Well that my usual 3x areas I repeat stay at IC's (Europe, Asia, + Sydney/Melbourne Jan2017)

o Asia - Nice cheaper great value ICs include (lounge access upsell much cheaper too in Asia)
+Kuala Lumpur
+Bangkok
? Possibly Pattaya Thailand too (the rebadged Sheraton)
? Possibly Vietnam Hanoi Westlake (but is rather isolated)
? I'd avoid HCMC, Phnom Penh, Singapore

o Europe - Nice cheaper ICs include in lovely cities/locations include
+ Budapest (Junior Suites have great river+bridge+fishermans bastion views)
+ Prague
+ Berlin
+ London O2 (depending on weekend/dates can be 50% rate of IC-ParkLane)
+ Madrid

o Australia (Sydney + Melbourne) stayed both 15 nights total Jan2017, I would not bother traveling just to stay at either IC.

o Other ICs of possble value
+ Mexico - worthwhile to visit
+ Dominican Republic - worthwhile to visit
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Would someone mind telling me if the BOGO is available at Bora Bora Thalasso Dec 29 Check-in, Dec 31 checkout? Or, Dec 28-Dec 30, but that is a Thurs/Fri, not sure if that is possible. I can't for the life of me get the Ambassador Certificate to show up on the drop down box.

Thanks!
There is no drop down box for the Amb BOGO in the standard booking pages. You need to access the Amb BOGO booking via the address on your certificate.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:45 am

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
Thanks so much. I have tried the link I found on Loyalty Lobby, and for some reason it just doesn't pop up for me. Apprecaite it.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
There is no drop down box for the Amb BOGO in the standard booking pages. You need to access the Amb BOGO booking via the address on your certificate.
the trick posted a few pages back still works

​​​​​​Do a search, change url per below

(Non-amb looking at whether amb is worth the cost)

Originally Posted by 21H21J
The url can easily be tweaked to show the AMB weekend cert rate, just replace RtP=6CBARC with RtP=IBAMB
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:03 am

Does using the free weekend certificate mean you can stay the nights of Fri-Sun (meaning you have two options - Fri & Sat nights or Sat & Sun nights) or the days of Fri-Sun (meaning only one option - Fri & Sat nights)?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by husky96821
Does using the free weekend certificate mean you can stay the nights of Fri-Sun (meaning you have two options - Fri & Sat nights or Sat & Sun nights) or the days of Fri-Sun (meaning only one option - Fri & Sat nights)?
Yes, Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun. With the exception of Middle Eastern countries where Thur - Sat are considered weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.