Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by istroke
Just bought the Ambassador status. When the Ambassador will kick in?

Can I book the BOGO right now? And hope the certificate will arrive in time before trip?

I want to book BOGO for Venetian in Vegas for the 2/28/14 date. There should be plenty of time for the certificate to arrive in 6-8 weeks?
1. Amb package should arrive in 4-5 weeks
2. Amb status can show up on your account in 3-5 days
3. Go ahead and book BOGO. It is flex rate and cancelable. You only need the BOGO cert at checkin time.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If I book with a BOGO, will I get night credit for both nights or just one? I'll arrive Fri., check out Sun., but I need a Sat. night for my Big Win!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
If I book with a BOGO, will I get night credit for both nights or just one? I'll arrive Fri., check out Sun., but I need a Sat. night for my Big Win!
Officially 1x Qual Night (the first paid night), followed by 1x non-qual night (the second free night). As such Friday will be Qual Night + Saturday NON-Qual night.

There is some random chance an IC will mistakenly process as 2xQual nights, but you should not rely on that.

If hotel post both nights as NON-Qual, Amb Helpdesk will credit first and only first night for you.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by istroke
Just bought the Ambassador status. When the Ambassador will kick in?

Can I book the BOGO right now? And hope the certificate will arrive in time before trip?

I want to book BOGO for Venetian in Vegas for the 2/28/14 date. There should be plenty of time for the certificate to arrive in 6-8 weeks?
Well, technically it isn't necessarily enough time. 1/8 to 2/28 is 51 days, or seven weeks and two days. My package came in about three weeks though. And yes, you can book the bogo without having the cert. You just need it at check in.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:07 pm

Just wondering, if I am staying over a two night weekend in say New York or Washington. Wouldn't signing up for the ambassador make sense given that he rates per night are easily way above the us200 signing up fee?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by musicbox85
Just wondering, if I am staying over a two night weekend in say New York or Washington. Wouldn't signing up for the ambassador make sense given that he rates per night are easily way above the us200 signing up fee?
Yes, although don't forget that the rate you'll get will not be the Advanced one.

You'll at least break even and as you're guaranteed an upgrade it's well worth it if you would have stayed at an IC anyway
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:08 am

I am unable to see any ambassador rates when i am booking though, do i have to key it somewhere?

THanks guys
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I am unable to see any ambassador rates when i am booking though, do i have to key it somewhere?

THanks guys
You don't see an Ambassador Rate

You have to make a normal booking via the specified web address and then they make the second night free once you check in
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:43 pm

THanks guys
Actually, to get the rate code you have to be an Ambassador member.

Usually, it's equivalent to the best flexible rate. So that can be your standard to measure whether $200.00 is worth it.

If you did opt to become an ambassador, follow this link

http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...r/free-weekend
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
would like to ask whether the AMBweekend rate is a qualifying rate as I have signed on to the platinum 5k bonus.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
would like to ask whether the AMBweekend rate is a qualifying rate as I have signed on to the platinum 5k bonus.
Yes it will count as 1 Qualifying Stay and 1 Qualifying Night.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
nice. Thanks dude! =)
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
The whole process is Neanderthal.

"Please note that the 5,000 Priority Club Bonus Points will be included in the Welcome Letter, in the form of a voucher code, which you can deposit online. The said Welcome Letter will be included in the Ambassador portfolio."

Last year it didn't arrive inside 3 months. I asked where they had sent it to . They confirmed to me my address - it was in Australia. I have never stepped foot on the continent. The replacement didn't arrive after 8 weeks. They couriered one that arrived in three days. And of course the second one arrived the next week. I had no qualms about using both certificates - but then they did say it was permitted as a make good.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Yes it will count as 1 Qualifying Stay and 1 Qualifying Night.
Just had a stay at IC Park Lane post as two qualifying nights. YMMV
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Brendan
I just used my BOGO at the IC Boston, and both nights were credited as "Qualifying Nights". The stay hasn't yet been reflected in my Big Win tracker, but I will update this post once it does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.