Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:29 pm

Contact the hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
IC hotels are not reimbursed by IHG a member using a free weekend night certificate. Some hotels will accept expired certificates but not as often as in the past. Yes, contacting the hotel may help but unless you are a regular there, you may get rejected. IHG Ambassador Services will not replace an expired certificate.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:14 pm

Hello!

i have two questions.

1) when I made the booking under BOGO, if it says I will earn 10,000 points for the 2 nights for example, will it get that when it comes to actual payment after taking the second night off? Logic will tell me it will cut by half but just checking if there is exception.

2) if I used a cash back site before making the booking and the cash back is based on the full value, has anyone successfully gotten any cash back after the checkout with the reduced BOGO folio? Was just thinking that the amount tracked wouldn’t be the same as the folio when cashback site does the audit and how it’s handled.

thanks so much !
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by appledabble
1) when I made the booking under BOGO, if it says I will earn 10,000 points for the 2 nights for example, will it get that when it comes to actual payment after taking the second night off? Logic will tell me it will cut by half but just checking if there is exception.
The points awarded will always be based on the amount paid based on the rate of USD1 = 10 points, which will include room rate and incidentals such as room service, laundry.

Originally Posted by appledabble
2) if I used a cash back site before making the booking and the cash back is based on the full value, has anyone successfully gotten any cash back after the checkout with the reduced BOGO folio? Was just thinking that the amount tracked wouldn’t be the same as the folio when cashback site does the audit and how it’s handled.
So far, based on my experience, cash back is not awarded for BOGO bookings based on the cash back websites I have used. IHG will usually inform the shopback operator that this is a non-qualifying rate for rebates to be awarded. But you may get lucky with rebates, but I suspect that IHG will just pay the rebate amount to shopback operator based on whatever you have paid to the hotel.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by hclee01
The points awarded will always be based on the amount paid based on the rate of USD1 = 10 points, which will include room rate and incidentals such as room service, laundry.

So far, based on my experience, cash back is not awarded for BOGO bookings based on the cash back websites I have used. IHG will usually inform the shopback operator that this is a non-qualifying rate for rebates to be awarded. But you may get lucky with rebates, but I suspect that IHG will just pay the rebate amount to shopback operator based on whatever you have paid to the hotel.
yeah .. you never receive IHG points based on what your BOGO check out page implies ...

also, as far as I know, I have never received cash back on BOGO rates, because you have to access IHG via a certain url to use the BOGO - which is not used on cashback sites. /ambweekend ? I have used BOGOs about 5 or 6 times and I do not recall ever receiving cash back.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
I received cashback on BOGO rates used for few IC's in Asia region previously IIRC. From cashback's website heads to IHG > Intercontinental > look for Ambassador tab > go to "Complimentary Weekend Night" section. Had received either full or on modified rate IME.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:58 am

Thanks for all the replies.

I indeed managed to get redirected from the cash back portal to IC Ambassador and stayed on the same page to make the final booking. TCB UK has 15% cash back now which will be too painful is missed. Fingers crossed!
Shahr - would you mind sharing which cashback portal you used please. Thank you.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
If there is no other US-based portal offer higher cash-back rate, I prefer TCB US. Among others - Ebates, Befrugal and Mrrebates. Try avoid UK-based portal myself (Quidco, TCB UK) because have bad experience even after reinstate. Meanwhile, Firefox tracked-well than Safari or other browsers IME. Good luck!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Got a practical question on Amb cert: as of my current plans, I am left with only two choices of where to use it, either at IC Kuala Lumpur or at IC Pattaya (technically IC Bangkok is also possible, but too expensive for my dates). I can get a Club room at IC KL for the same price as a basic room at IC Pattaya. While obviously Club looks a better deal, in KL I have plenty of choices, which are comparable or even better, but at a lower price point (with Marriott and SPG, as a Platinum). In Pattaya, at the same, I have zero options outside of IHG (well, there is Accor, but I am not interested in putting any spending into it outside of points promos, and I am down to useless Silver status with them), if I want a really nice property.
I have stayed at IC KL as an Amb before, so I know what to expect there, but no idea about IC Pattaya. Is it worth without Club access? Is it worth at all?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:49 pm

Taxes

Do you have to pay the taxes on the 2nd/ free night?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Corridor!
Do you have to pay the taxes on the 2nd/ free night?
As far as I understand, no.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by fxx
Can I use the AMB free night certificate expiring 5/18 for stay starting May 30 with weekend rate on June1-3? It booked under 2 separate reservations (May30,31 regular rate, June 1-3 AMB rate) form the same account, same type of room. Any first hand experience? Thanks in advance
Officially, you can't use it because your AMB rate night starts on June. But since you check-in on May, ask the hotel whether it's possible or not. Nothing to lose.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
This is a very poor offer. I can't use it on a Thursday-Friday booking, and the rate jacks up in price when using the "BOGO rate". So it is not a BOGO, just a discount 30%ish discount. What are the chances they would honor it Thursday-Friday for me? I don't think I would sign up for this again.

Last edited by Super Mario; May 9, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Old May 9, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Super Mario
This is a very poor offer. I can't use it on a Thursday-Friday booking, and the rate jacks up in price when using the "BOGO rate". So it is not a BOGO, just a discount 30%ish discount. What are the changes they would honor it Thursday-Friday for me? I don't think I would sign up for this again.
The rate equals the BAR and Thursday to Friday is not considered a weekend night outside the Muslim world.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Super Mario
This is a very poor offer. I can't use it on a Thursday-Friday booking, and the rate jacks up in price when using the "BOGO rate". So it is not a BOGO, just a discount 30%ish discount. What are the chances they would honor it Thursday-Friday for me? I don't think I would sign up for this again.
I agree but depends on location. Some location, room rate soars up on Sat night(least 2~3 times than Friday night at IC Osaka). Or when booking higher room category to get a nicer suite. It's been very useful to me for years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.