Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:39 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I like the IC BKK and stayed there frequently before I moved to Bangkok. Always had Club access no matter what the rate, though most of those stays were as RA, I think their price point is too high (THB6000 usually in season) compared to the SPG/MR alternatives and since it's been a couple years, not currently familar with the policy for their lounge access. But at 35k and discounted cash and points ($30 for 5k, $60 for 10k, $89 for 15k and $115 for 20k,) worth a try and a request of the add on for club access as it is one of the best.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: IHG
Hi together,

i have a very Special case where I Need your help and your expertise to what i can expect.

i‘m Spire Elite Ambassador and do have a „free Weekend Night certificate“ which I Need to redeem soon.

i have now Seen that in my preferred Hotel they do have availability over New Years Eve,
planned stay would be Saturday 30 - monday 1st of January.
saturday Night costs 735 / sunday (New years eve) 1135 per room and Night.

the following questions are Open:
1. is it correct that always the 2nd Night is for free and I can expect only a bill of 735?
2. they mention on their Homepage that the Special New Year Dinner and Party (normal Price 190 per Person) is included in every room booking for this Night. Can I expect to have that advantage? (And even for free with the 2nd night free of the voucher?
3. can I expect a complimentary room upgrade with the voucher being Ambassador?

thanks for your views
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:31 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by marcello1982
Hi together,

i have a very Special case where I Need your help and your expertise to what i can expect.

i‘m Spire Elite Ambassador and do have a „free Weekend Night certificate“ which I Need to redeem soon.

i have now Seen that in my preferred Hotel they do have availability over New Years Eve,
planned stay would be Saturday 30 - monday 1st of January.
saturday Night costs 735 / sunday (New years eve) 1135 per room and Night.

1. is it correct that always the 2nd Night is for free and I can expect only a bill of 735?
2. they mention on their Homepage that the Special New Year Dinner and Party (normal Price 190 per Person) is included in every room booking for this Night. Can I expect to have that advantage? (And even for free with the 2nd night free of the voucher?

thanks for your views
IC Times Square or Crowne Plaza?

1) Yes, $735 plus any taxes, fees.
2) Ask hotel about that one.
3) Yes, AMB upgrades apply to BOGO rates so you should get the 1-category upgrade which could just be a "view" upgrade.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by marcello1982
While I am replying from a theoretical standpoint now, for 1 & 3 it must be positive, since that is according to Ambassador T&C (however there are listed exclusions to upgrade room types for few properties, you may want to check those).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tony300S
IC Times Square or Crowne Plaza?

1) Yes, $735 plus any taxes, fees.
2) Ask hotel about that one.
3) Yes, AMB upgrades apply to BOGO rates so you should get the 1-category upgrade which could just be a "view" upgrade.
A FWNC can't be used at anything but an IC so your idea of CP TS doesn't work. Either way, the first night is the one that should be paid. OP should just watch out that the hotel doesn't try to average the 2 nights. Some try that and you'll habe to push back with T&Cs.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:02 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by demue
A FWNC can't be used at anything but an IC so your idea of CP TS doesn't work. Either way, the first night is the one that should be paid. OP should just watch out that the hotel doesn't try to average the 2 nights. Some try that and you'll habe to push back with T&Cs.
My bad, was caught up thinking Times Square.... only the IC for sure with AMB BOGO rates.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Hi has anyone tried to use the AMB BOGO rate at ANAIntercontinental Hotel in Tokyo? At the time of booking, I checked and screenshot the daily rates as being 29,000 (Fri) and 45,000 (Sat). So my expectation is that I would only pay the 29,000 amount. However, now when I check the reservation, the rate breakdown show average daily rate of 37,000 and conveniently that each daily rate is now 37,000. In my mind that is borderline fraud on the part of the hotel in relation to this - essentially trying to up-price the rate even further (the average rate for 2 days at lowest available was actually 30K per night, so already AMB rate is higher anyway). How would everyone here go about approaching this? I have all the screenshots for this, so it's not hard to prove what "they" did.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by porky73
Hi has anyone tried to use the AMB BOGO rate at ANAIntercontinental Hotel in Tokyo? At the time of booking, I checked and screenshot the daily rates as being 29,000 (Fri) and 45,000 (Sat). So my expectation is that I would only pay the 29,000 amount. However, now when I check the reservation, the rate breakdown show average daily rate of 37,000 and conveniently that each daily rate is now 37,000. In my mind that is borderline fraud on the part of the hotel in relation to this - essentially trying to up-price the rate even further (the average rate for 2 days at lowest available was actually 30K per night, so already AMB rate is higher anyway). How would everyone here go about approaching this? I have all the screenshots for this, so it's not hard to prove what "they" did.
relax - IHG reservations always ends up showing the average rate, nothing shady has been done here. When you check in you will only have to pay the 29K rate. I have had front desks get confused about which day you have to pay, just point out to them the part of the voucher that says you have the first night and get the second night free.

Also the ambassador BOGO rate is always equal to the best flexible rate which is almost never the cheapest option

Enjoy your stay!
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Thanks Mauibaby. See how it goes on the day. But as you say no need to get work up at this point in time.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:34 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I'd like to take my mom somewhere locally, maybe downtown San Diego, and I'm not seeing any available Cert rates in any hotels. The first choice was the Hotel Indigo in the Gaslamp district. Then I looked at all the hotels in the area, with no luck, even down in Tijuana. Then I looked for a couple places in Orange County (most don't appeal), and still, nothing. Weekend dates are flexible, up to mid December. I think my cert expires 12/31/17, but possibly 1/31/18. I need to call and find out. Does anybody have some tips for me? Is it just too close in? What am I doing wrong?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by porky73
I have used it before at ANA IC in Tokyo. You can refer to your confirmation email for the rates of first and second night. So far, when I check-in, they will point out to me the rates payable for the first night and second night will be free.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I'd like to take my mom somewhere locally, maybe downtown San Diego, and I'm not seeing any available Cert rates in any hotels. The first choice was the Hotel Indigo in the Gaslamp district. Then I looked at all the hotels in the area, with no luck, even down in Tijuana. Then I looked for a couple places in Orange County (most don't appeal), and still, nothing. Weekend dates are flexible, up to mid December. I think my cert expires 12/31/17, but possibly 1/31/18. I need to call and find out. Does anybody have some tips for me? Is it just too close in? What am I doing wrong?
The Ambassador weekend certificate is only valid in Intercontinental hotels. Not the entire branded IHG hotels, just for Intercontinental ones.

Therefore there it is a feature, not a bug, that one will never find availability for Indigo, Holiday Inn or Crown Plaza.

The closest Intercontinental to San Diego will be in Los Angeles and from a quick search they have weekend night available with the certificate.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:20 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The Ambassador weekend certificate is only valid in Intercontinental hotels. Not the entire branded IHG hotels, just for Intercontinental ones.

Therefore there it is a feature, not a bug, that one will never find availability for Indigo, Holiday Inn or Crown Plaza.

The closest Intercontinental to San Diego will be in Los Angeles and from a quick search they have weekend night available with the certificate.
Ahhh. That makes sense. The banner shows on the page, but it wasn't working. Now I know why. I'll look for the one in LA. Thank you.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
fxx

Can I use the AMB free night certificate expiring 5/18 for stay starting May 30 with weekend rate on June1-3? It booked under 2 separate reservations (May30,31 regular rate, June 1-3 AMB rate) form the same account, same type of room. Any first hand experience? Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by fxx
Can I use the AMB free night certificate expiring 5/18 for stay starting May 30 with weekend rate on June1-3? It booked under 2 separate reservations (May30,31 regular rate, June 1-3 AMB rate) form the same account, same type of room. Any first hand experience? Thanks in advance
The certficiate expres on May 31, 2018. The first night must be no larter than May 31, 2018 and the free night can be June 1, 2018, but not later. Your example of June 1 to June 3 would not work as the certificate will have expired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.