Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort (Master Thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 16, 17, 2:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki Link
Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort (All Incllusive)

Address
Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort
Boulevard Mijares S/N, Zona Hotelera,
23400 San Jose del Cabo, BCS, Mexico

Phone: +52 624 142 9229

Link to hotel
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnresort...ha/hoteldetail

The hotel was the former Intercontinental Los Cabos, which beca,e the Holiday Inn on August 01, 2011. The former thread about this hotel could be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...liday-inn.html
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 10, 11, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort (Master Thread)

Its all inclusive so all minibars are free where available. The wireless Internet doesn't charge anyone (though it says it does) and from what i could gather ras will get same upgrade following the switch over - though over time this might change of course.
Old Aug 11, 11, 4:11 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
FYI - Featured on this week's Top 20 at Travelzoo from LA:

http://www.travelzoo.com/vacations/m...rating=&tppct=

Direct link to Cheap Carribean:

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/attrac...m_term=jump365
Old Jul 21, 12, 9:23 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Has anyone stayed here in the past year? Have they updated anything and is it a good value?
Old Sep 3, 12, 2:36 pm

HI Los Cabos All-Inclusive using points/free night?

I'm looking at staying at the HI Los Cabos. It's an all-inclusive resort according to the website and all paid rates reflect that.

However, when I select to redeem points or call with reservation to use my free night certificate it simply says:

KING GARDEN VIEW NONSMOKING (35,000 points per night)

Any verbiage about AI or All Inclusive from the name of the rate to rate description is removed, yet this is a 100% All-Inclusive resort.

Still, I have to wonder, because the highest cost per night at a Holiday Inn is 25,000 points per night, so maybe the 10K covers the All Inclusive portion? So... if used my free night certificate from chase, would they want a 10K co-pay?

Anyone have any experiences with this resort or any suggestions.
Old Sep 3, 12, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA DL ua
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw View Post
I'm looking at staying at the HI Los Cabos. It's an all-inclusive resort according to the website and all paid rates reflect that.

However, when I select to redeem points or call with reservation to use my free night certificate it simply says:

KING GARDEN VIEW NONSMOKING (35,000 points per night)

Any verbiage about AI or All Inclusive from the name of the rate to rate description is removed, yet this is a 100% All-Inclusive resort.

Still, I have to wonder, because the highest cost per night at a Holiday Inn is 25,000 points per night, so maybe the 10K covers the All Inclusive portion? So... if used my free night certificate from chase, would they want a 10K co-pay?

Anyone have any experiences with this resort or any suggestions.
I've stayed there and used annual weekend certificate which was good only for the room and not for all inclusive which was about $60 per night for one person -- do not know if two people would be more. Points may be different. You can email Raul, the front desk manager, at [email protected].
If cost is $120 --- not worth it. You can go to to cheapcaribbean.com and book air and hotel where hotel should be only about
$120/night. Then email Raul for an upgrade if you are an Ambassador. Best room are ground floor lanai rooms with a patio with a hammock. Second floor rooms have no balconies and third floor rooms have very small balconies which have a view only while standing as balcony walls are solid and high.
Old Sep 3, 12, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw View Post
Still, I have to wonder, because the highest cost per night at a Holiday Inn is 25,000 points per night, so maybe the 10K covers the All Inclusive portion?
That is the policy:
"Reward nights at all-inclusive resorts will include a 10,000-point supplement to cover the all-inclusive benefits. All-inclusive Reward Nights are based on double occupancy. Extra person charges apply beyond double occupancy."
http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...e/rewardnights

So... if used my free night certificate from chase, would they want a 10K co-pay?
The initial terms and conditions excluded all-inclusive properties from redemption of the Free Night. However, I don't see that restriction anymore.
If you are allowed to redeem, you shouldn't need to pay any point supplement.

As always, I'd recommend confirming benefits in writing with the hotel to avoid any surprises.
Old Dec 4, 12, 12:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Air MPVG 75k, HHonors-Gld, Priority Spire Amb., LT MR/SPG Plat
Are alcoholic beverages included in all inclusive? Couldn't find anything on the site.
Old Dec 4, 12, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Are alcoholic beverages included in all inclusive? Couldn't find anything on the site.
At the HI all-inclusives I have stayed at, yes, alcohol was included. It wasn't necessarily plentiful, and was always watered down. I suggest you bring you own, larger, mug.
Old Mar 3, 14, 1:32 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Has anyone stayed on a 35K award in this property recently? If so, can you confirm that the 35K are indeed for an all-inclusive stay and that no extra points/charges will be charged for the F&B?
Old Mar 4, 14, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL PLT,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
I stayed there the second week of February. Award redemption is all inclusive and it is a very nice resort. I've stayed at most of them and i will return. No extra points/dollars/pesos.
Old Mar 27, 14, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by BigFishDave View Post
I stayed there the second week of February. Award redemption is all inclusive and it is a very nice resort. I've stayed at most of them and i will return. No extra points/dollars/pesos.
How large was your party? I am planning on a trip with 2 adults and 2 kids. Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 17, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed a stay at Holiday Inn Resort Cabo. Used 35K points and credit card free nights. 2 adults, 2 kids. It booked to all inclusive Garden View Room, but I was upgraded to a partial ocean view a tiny balcony on 3rd floor due to Platinum Status. Fortunately my room was close to beach, so I pretty much had an ocean front view. I was offered 2 upgrade options, $25/night for 2nd floor terrace room or $45/night first floor walk up patio with hammocks. Declined. No other charges like resort fees, taxes, tips, parking were billed.

Rooms are very basic, but rebuilt since Hurricane Odile hit in 9/2014. AC was functional. 11am checkin and 2pm late checkout. I was told this resort was one of the first ones in the area, you can tell when you compare it to the huge modern and luxurious resorts next door.

Hotel is 4 stars. Food was good. Staff was also very good, except at Noon in beach restaurant where demand exceeded capacity. Drinks were ok. Pools were nice and warm. Beach is massive, but waves are rough so not swimable. There are 3 pools. The pool facing estuary is very quiet and private. Enjoyed free bike tour. Popular with Canadian charter groups.

Overall had a great time and satisfied. Not luxury, but not bad. Not a party hotel either. Kids and wife loved it, that is what matters

Hotel is walking distance to mall and shops, restaurants and Cabo San Jose with art galleries, etc.

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Jan 18, 17 at 10:05 pm
Old Jan 19, 17, 9:00 pm

Does anyone know if there is additional points or cash cost for more than 2 adults? Thanks
Old Jan 20, 17, 7:54 am

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Yes there is, over age of 12. Call them to ask.
Old Aug 4, 17, 12:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Just completed a stay at Holiday Inn Resort Cabo. Used 35K points and credit card free nights. 2 adults, 2 kids. It booked to all inclusive Garden View Room, but I was upgraded to a partial ocean view a tiny balcony on 3rd floor due to Platinum Status. Fortunately my room was close to beach, so I pretty much had an ocean front view. I was offered 2 upgrade options, $25/night for 2nd floor terrace room or $45/night first floor walk up patio with hammocks. Declined. No other charges like resort fees, taxes, tips, parking were billed.

Rooms are very basic, but rebuilt since Hurricane Odile hit in 9/2014. AC was functional. 11am checkin and 2pm late checkout. I was told this resort was one of the first ones in the area, you can tell when you compare it to the huge modern and luxurious resorts next door.

Hotel is 4 stars. Food was good. Staff was also very good, except at Noon in beach restaurant where demand exceeded capacity. Drinks were ok. Pools were nice and warm. Beach is massive, but waves are rough so not swimable. There are 3 pools. The pool facing estuary is very quiet and private. Enjoyed free bike tour. Popular with Canadian charter groups.

Overall had a great time and satisfied. Not luxury, but not bad. Not a party hotel either. Kids and wife loved it, that is what matters

Hotel is walking distance to mall and shops, restaurants and Cabo San Jose with art galleries, etc.
Thanks for the detailed trip report. I just booked the same hotel for my wife and I using 35K points. This will be my first time at an all-inclusive....are all meals and drinks on property included? Any limits? Do you just wear a wrist band or something?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: