Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort (All Incllusive)

Address
Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort
Boulevard Mijares S/N, Zona Hotelera,
23400 San Jose del Cabo, BCS, Mexico

Phone: +52 624 142 9229

Link to hotel
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnresorts/hotels/us/en/san-jose-del-cabo/sjdha/hoteldetail

The hotel was the former Intercontinental Los Cabos, which beca,e the Holiday Inn on August 01, 2011. The former thread about this hotel could be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/515080-ic-presidente-los-cabos-resort-master-thread-now-holiday-inn.html
Print Wikipost

Holiday Inn Los Cabos Resort (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Thanks for the detailed trip report. I just booked the same hotel for my wife and I using 35K points. This will be my first time at an all-inclusive....are all meals and drinks on property included? Any limits? Do you just wear a wrist band or something?
Yes. No limits. Wristband.

Keep in mind this is a mid level hotel, mid level all inclusive experience. Not luxury. I found the food decent, not high end cuisine, but tasty. Drinks are sugary, well alcohol. I did not care for any mixed drink. I enjoyed the red wine (table wine), beer and rum and coke.

But overall I enjoyed it.

If you want more luxury, the Hyatt next door has great reviews, but you pay the price.

On the same trip I stayed at the Hyatt Place for 5K points and went to mall for lunch and down town for dinner. This is more of a budget option.

Tip..Ask when the bike tour is scheduled for, it is free, but limited to 20 people. Bikes are in poor shape, but at least you get out and see some other things.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Yes. No limits. Wristband.

Keep in mind this is a mid level hotel, mid level all inclusive experience. Not luxury. I found the food decent, not high end cuisine, but tasty. Drinks are sugary, well alcohol. I did not care for any mixed drink. I enjoyed the red wine (table wine), beer and rum and coke.

But overall I enjoyed it.

If you want more luxury, the Hyatt next door has great reviews, but you pay the price.

On the same trip I stayed at the Hyatt Place for 5K points and went to mall for lunch and down town for dinner. This is more of a budget option.

Tip..Ask when the bike tour is scheduled for, it is free, but limited to 20 people. Bikes are in poor shape, but at least you get out and see some other things.
Thanks for the info...I thought I had read somewhere where there was an extra charge for room service?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Thanks for the info...I thought I had read somewhere where there was an extra charge for room service?
No fee, but up to 90 minute wait, yes, they told me they were busy so expect 90 minutes.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:13 pm

anyone stay here recently

Anyone stay here recently, do they use wristbands or check ID for for all room occupants? I was thinking of a quick get away using points/free night cert but not sure if I want to go as it looks like they will charge $80 per night for my soon to be 13 year old (or maybe I can go before her b-day).

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Jun 10, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Anyone stay here recently, do they use wristbands or check ID for for all room occupants? I was thinking of a quick get away using points/free night cert but not sure if I want to go as it looks like they will charge $80 per night for my soon to be 13 year old (or maybe I can go before her b-day).
Just returned from a very satisfying stay. The property isn't fancy, but F & B and entertainment has improved since last year. There are many repeat guests, so I know I am not the only one who enjoys staying. Yes, they use colour coded wristbands to indicate your IHG status and all-inclusive eligibility.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
Just returned from a very satisfying stay. The property isn't fancy, but F & B and entertainment has improved since last year. There are many repeat guests, so I know I am not the only one who enjoys staying. Yes, they use colour coded wristbands to indicate your IHG status and all-inclusive eligibility.
Thank you for the response - I look forward to going now!

All that is left is to decide whether to chance the up-charge fee for a child over 12 ($80 * 6 days = $480). Not that I will lie but the website doesn't ask the ages of the children and if they don't ask at check-in I will not offer up the information. Does anyone know if they check ID or ask the age of everyone at check-in?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:20 am

Thank you for the response - I look forward to going now!

All that is left is to decide whether to chance the up-charge fee for a child over 12 ($80 * 6 days = $480). Not that I will lie but the website doesn't ask the ages of the children and if they don't ask at check-in I will not offer up the information. Does anyone know if they check ID or ask the age of everyone at check-in?
When I stayed 3 years ago, they asked for a copy of all guest passports. We were 4 in 1 two queen room. (wife + 2 kids under 12) We used 35K points and no extra charges for all inclusive. (And got upgraded from garden view to 2nd floor balcony ocean view). No resort fees, no parking fees.

Please report back your experience, I want to return to Cabo and have 2 IHG anniversary certificates that I want to use; I know for sure that 4 can stay AI with the certs. I'm torn between this hotel and the Hyatt Ziva 40K for 4 people.

PS - Property is now 40K, and during IHG 100% point sale, you can buy 40K for $200, that may be a more affordable option. And if you have the new IHG Premier, 4th night free! (Net 30K/night)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:48 am

When I stayed 3 years ago, they asked for a copy of all guest passports. We were 4 in 1 two queen room. (wife + 2 kids under 12) We used 35K points and no extra charges for all inclusive. (And got upgraded from garden view to 2nd floor balcony ocean view). No resort fees, no parking fees.

Please report back your experience, I want to return to Cabo and have 2 IHG anniversary certificates that I want to use; I know for sure that 4 can stay AI with the certs. I'm torn between this hotel and the Hyatt Ziva 40K for 4 people.

PS - Property is now 40K, and during IHG 100% point sale, you can buy 40K for $200, that may be a more affordable option. And if you have the new IHG Premier, 4th night free! (Net 30K/night)
I will report back but it won't be till post April 2020 as it is hard for me to get time off from work unless I plan FAR in advance.
btw, I too am using two free night certs and the 4th night free promo. One other thing, I stayed in the Ziva in Montego Bay and it was great - the only real problem is it set the bar so high that I have yet to replicate.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:58 am

There are some OTA sites that offer this property at lower rates than IHG; SnapTravel, for example. I usually book my stays through American Express. Their rates have been surprisingly attractive and I can sometimes take advantage of Platinum offers that lower the price even more. I like the property for its friendly staff and the adults only pool the usually remains very quiet and underused.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:52 pm

Just returned from a nice stay. This property is very consistent. Small and very basic rooms, excellent service, nice pools and landscaping, improved food.

Wide, clean beach, not so rough ocean.

I split my visit to Cabo at two properties, the first was very luxurious, awesome rooms, but service was ok and expensive. Beach was rough, but landscaping and decor very nice.

The Holiday Inn is more modest, but the service is very good, older building, but well maintained.
I received in room welcome letter, bottle of wine, cake and also an invitation to an afternoon reception in the Presidential suite with the GM. We used the free kids club and watched two night shows that were well done. I think that the drinks and food has improved. Complimentary upgrade to ocean front room. Late checkout of 4pm and could stay till evening flight.
Wifi in property was ok. There is no hot tub. 3 pools, each with a bar. 1 is adults only pool. Plenty of beach entertainment and activities in main pool.
The hotel is popular with Canadians and Mexicans that book 3-4 star all inclusive packages.
We walked along beach past Hyatt and it was packed with Americans and had more of a party mode. For comparison, this hotel is newer and nicer overall, great globalist treatment, but more expensive, each child counts as a person, so you pay for total person occupancy, versus the Holiday Inn registered children are free.
We took Uber to hotel and then to airport, each time it was around $10. Hotel is adjacent to strip mall and a few blocks from larger mall.
This hotel is adjacent to San Jose and closer to airport, if you want to visit the arch and marina, then you have to cross all the corridor all the way to San Lucas.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:35 pm

I will report back but it won't be till post April 2020 as it is hard for me to get time off from work unless I plan FAR in advance.
btw, I too am using two free night certs and the 4th night free promo. One other thing, I stayed in the Ziva in Montego Bay and it was great - the only real problem is it set the bar so high that I have yet to replicate.
Decided to print my reservation and start getting ready for this trip when I noticed the different terms regarding the rate for Chase Anniversary Night and a Reward Nights. Do you think I will have to pay the $80/night for the Chase Anniversary Night? Also, does anyone know if the charge a resort fee and how much it is?

Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:53 am

Decided to print my reservation and start getting ready for this trip when I noticed the different terms regarding the rate for Chase Anniversary Night and a Reward Nights. Do you think I will have to pay the $80/night for the Chase Anniversary Night? Also, does anyone know if the charge a resort fee and how much it is?

I did not pay any RF. I was not charged anything extra for my 2 Children. I would email hotel and ask for clarification, that way you have it in writing.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:47 am

I did not pay any RF. I was not charged anything extra for my 2 Children. I would email hotel and ask for clarification, that way you have it in writing.
Did you have 2 adults and 2 kids in your room and were any of your kids aged 13+?

I did email the hotel, they said that I would be charged $80 per night for my 14 year old regardless if it stated that on the Chase anniversary night or not. Their point of view is that the chase night is only valid for 2 adults in a room (mom, dad, and 14 year old count as 3 adults). I do understand this view as it seems to align with a points redemption but it is not written this way on the ihg website for a chase redemption.

To save $320, I called IHG customer service. They agreed with the hotel that I would be charged for the chase nights. So, I asked for a manger and he is taking my side (after sending him pdf's with the different terms written on the reservation). Later tonight, I will draft a letter to the hotel as this is not something i want to deal with on vacation.Update:

Update:
The Luxury Sales & Service Manager has reneged on his position to waive the $80 fee for Chase anniversary nights. The justification used was from chase.com not ihg.com:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...n/select-perks which states "Anniversary Free Night is valid for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes only." This means that the extra person charge would still apply to your reservations

As a consolation, they are supposed to update the terms on their website to be clearer and will “meet me in the middle” and only charge me $160 instead of $320.

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Feb 13, 2020 at 11:31 am
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:47 pm

Just returned from a nice stay. This property is very consistent. Small and very basic rooms, excellent service, nice pools and landscaping, improved food.

Wide, clean beach, not so rough ocean.

I split my visit to Cabo at two properties, the first was very luxurious, awesome rooms, but service was ok and expensive. Beach was rough, but landscaping and decor very nice.

The Holiday Inn is more modest, but the service is very good, older building, but well maintained.
I received in room welcome letter, bottle of wine, cake and also an invitation to an afternoon reception in the Presidential suite with the GM. We used the free kids club and watched two night shows that were well done. I think that the drinks and food has improved. Complimentary upgrade to ocean front room. Late checkout of 4pm and could stay till evening flight.
Wifi in property was ok. There is no hot tub. 3 pools, each with a bar. 1 is adults only pool. Plenty of beach entertainment and activities in main pool.
The hotel is popular with Canadians and Mexicans that book 3-4 star all inclusive packages.
We walked along beach past Hyatt and it was packed with Americans and had more of a party mode. For comparison, this hotel is newer and nicer overall, great globalist treatment, but more expensive, each child counts as a person, so you pay for total person occupancy, versus the Holiday Inn registered children are free.
We took Uber to hotel and then to airport, each time it was around $10. Hotel is adjacent to strip mall and a few blocks from larger mall.
This hotel is adjacent to San Jose and closer to airport, if you want to visit the arch and marina, then you have to cross all the corridor all the way to San Lucas.
Did you take uber to the Los Cabos international airport (SJD) as it is not listed on Ubers website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.