priorityclub.com/visa1000 mysterious disappearing 1000 points

Old Aug 28, 12, 11:04 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,677
Angry priorityclub.com/visa1000 mysterious disappearing 1000 points

I seem to be having an issue with the priorityclub.com/visa1000 website and I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing.

Two weeks ago at a hotel, they gave me a slip with a code on it, you watch a 90 second video, enter the code, and then your PC account gets credited with 1000 points. Fine - great - appreciate that.

So I did all that, then the website priorityclub.com/visa1000 immediately showed my balance increased by 1000 points. Next day - it was gone. I decided whether or not it was actually worth calling -- so I let it go. Maybe in a few days, I thought, but I wound up never calling and just saying the heck with it. The story continues...

Today in the mail I get my PC card for next year (elite) and there was one of those slips in there "GET 1000 POINTS JUST FOR WATCHING THIS 90-SEC VIDEO." Yep, I decided to give it a try once more and I did it just now. Again, I saw my new balance at the end of the video, increased by 1000. Then I actually logged into the PC website just to make sure I wasn't seeing things - yes my balance was increased by the 1000.

About 1 hour later, I log in again - and the newly credited 1000 points once again mysteriously vanished into thin air. This is 2X now that this has happened. I'm going to call once I have the 2 hours to spare, but for now - Is anyone else having trouble with this? This surely can't be limited to just me.



Would also appreciate if there is an IHG person out there that could confirm if or if not the priorityclub.com/visa1000 website has a technical glitch.
BillyBaloney is offline  
Old Aug 28, 12, 11:18 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DEN
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 17,246
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
I seem to be having an issue with the priorityclub.com/visa1000 website and I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing.

Two weeks ago at a hotel, they gave me a slip with a code on it, you watch a 90 second video, enter the code, and then your PC account gets credited with 1000 points. Fine - great - appreciate that.

So I did all that, then the website priorityclub.com/visa1000 immediately showed my balance increased by 1000 points. Next day - it was gone. I decided whether or not it was actually worth calling -- so I let it go. Maybe in a few days, I thought, but I wound up never calling and just saying the heck with it. The story continues...

Today in the mail I get my PC card for next year (elite) and there was one of those slips in there "GET 1000 POINTS JUST FOR WATCHING THIS 90-SEC VIDEO." Yep, I decided to give it a try once more and I did it just now. Again, I saw my new balance at the end of the video, increased by 1000. Then I actually logged into the PC website just to make sure I wasn't seeing things - yes my balance was increased by the 1000.

About 1 hour later, I log in again - and the newly credited 1000 points once again mysteriously vanished into thin air. This is 2X now that this has happened. I'm going to call once I have the 2 hours to spare, but for now - Is anyone else having trouble with this? This surely can't be limited to just me.



Would also appreciate if there is an IHG person out there that could confirm if or if not the priorityclub.com/visa1000 website has a technical glitch.
This promo is pretty old, maybe it expired?
mnredfox is offline  
Old Aug 28, 12, 11:35 pm
  #3  
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,629
Maybe this thread is of help for you: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...e-user-pw.html

Usually there comes a code with the promo. The promo was targetted and quite a few people signing up for the promo got the points removed from their account. Maybe, your account was flagged as ineligible for this promotion and this override the code you received?
FLYGVA is offline  
Old Aug 29, 12, 12:13 am
  #4  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,677
I'm not sure but thanks for the info, FLYGVA.

I can't imagine that they flagged my account as I haven't abused anything. These were both new slips with new, unique codes. But it does seem like there is some type of override. Maybe the rep in the other post can help me out.
BillyBaloney is offline  
Old Aug 29, 12, 12:38 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moscow
Programs: DL GM and so on
Posts: 1,200
It just means you have already got the points in the past. You can get these 1000 points only once no matter how many codes you have on hand.

Your actual balance was never increased, any virtual numbers you see on the screen have no relation to reality.
paulmoscow is offline  
Old Aug 29, 12, 7:23 am
  #6  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,677
That doesn't seem right. Then why would the hotel hand out the slip to every platinum member as a "thank you" for staying with us (meaning, we're giving you 1000 points). They aren't handing out the slip saying "here is 1000 points - oh by the way if you ever did this promo in the past then we're giving you absolutely nothing." Same with IHG. A slip was INCLUDED with my 2013 platinum package that they just mailed.

Not sure how to handle this, or if to handle this.
BillyBaloney is offline  
Old Aug 29, 12, 8:16 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: 6E Westbound, 4E Eastbound
Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Posts: 6,274
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
That doesn't seem right. Then why would the hotel hand out the slip to every platinum member as a "thank you" for staying with us (meaning, we're giving you 1000 points). They aren't handing out the slip saying "here is 1000 points - oh by the way if you ever did this promo in the past then we're giving you absolutely nothing."
Actually, that is exactly what they are doing. The desk agent gets to feel good about handing you 1000 points, though you are eligible to capture them only once. I have received dozens of them, got the 1K only once.

The general level of training for most of the desk clerks at IC continues to lag the industry, but that would be an entirely different, though not new, thread.
Thumper is offline  
Old Aug 30, 12, 3:58 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Posts: 8,241
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
That doesn't seem right. Then why would the hotel hand out the slip to every platinum member as a "thank you" for staying with us (meaning, we're giving you 1000 points). They aren't handing out the slip saying "here is 1000 points - oh by the way if you ever did this promo in the past then we're giving you absolutely nothing." Same with IHG. A slip was INCLUDED with my 2013 platinum package that they just mailed.

Not sure how to handle this, or if to handle this.
Why don't you take a pictures of your valid slip and send it to IHG CS?

By doing this you show them that you actually have the slip and they can also find out what's wrong with their promo.
nacho is offline  
Old Sep 3, 12, 10:44 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tristram
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Posts: 902
When you new PC card comes, look to see if there is a slip in it with a code for this promo. There was in mine and the points posted imediately.
ZeppoX is offline  
Old Sep 3, 12, 10:49 am
  #10  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,677
Yes Zep, that exactly what I got. Points disappear after posting.

I'm going to try nacho's suggestion and see if that gets me anywhere.
BillyBaloney is offline  
Old Sep 4, 12, 3:03 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tristram
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Posts: 902
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
Yes Zep, that exactly what I got. Points disappear after posting.

I'm going to try nacho's suggestion and see if that gets me anywhere.
Made me look.
Points have survived for approximately 36 hours. We'll see later in the week. Too bad I tossed the slip after using it (and before reading this thread, double d'oh bonus.)
ZeppoX is offline  
Old Sep 12, 12, 9:40 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro DC
Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Posts: 286
This happened to me too. I called the service line and they manually applied the points.
gohan403 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: