Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Win 1 Million Points!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Win 1 Million Points!

I just receved an email from PC titled "Win 1 Million Points!" Basically it is like a raffle where you use PC points to buy chances to win. It takes 400 points for each entry to win the 1M points, and there are 3 other categories which are 50 points to win a $250 Best Buy gift card, 150 points to win 50k airline miles and 250 points to win 100k miles. The T&Cs say the there will be one winner per category.

I don't think that I will be participating as it seem like just throwing away points for a remote chance to win. What does everybody else think about this and did you also receive the email?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I don't think that I will be participating as it seem like just throwing away points for a remote chance to win
Ditto
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Ditto
Snap. A good way to reduce the book value of the liability of the points, by getting a load of people to reduce thier point balances.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:36 pm
FSU

You can also enter for free by mailing in an entry.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Priority Club® Rewards Introduces Priority Club Sweepstakes™ For Members In The U.S.

First-in-kind contest creates chance to win trips, merchandise, gift cards and up to one million points

IHG's (InterContinental Hotels Group) Priority Club® Rewards today announced the launch of Priority Club Rewards® Sweepstakes, an industry-first redemption option that enables members to instantly redeem their Priority Club points for entries into a prize drawing.

Priority Club members in the U.S. and Canada can go to www.priorityclub.com/sweepstakes through Saturday, August 11th to redeem as few as 100 points for an entry in the current drawings. Members can enter each new drawing as many as ten times per day for a chance to win brand-name merchandise, gift cards and much more.

Starting Sunday, August 12th through Saturday, September 1, 2012, members will have an opportunity to win one million Priority Club points through entering the Priority Club Rewards Sweepstakes. With their new points balance, the winner could redeem for up to 20 Reward Night stays at any InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts worldwide. (...)

Priority Club Rewards Sweepstakes runs through Saturday, October 13, 2012 with prizes changing often. Examples of additional prizes include:
  • $500 Gift Card to The Home Depot®
  • Tumi Alpha Frequent Traveler 22" Zippered EXP carry-on
  • Three nights at any domestic IHG hotel + two roundtrip domestic airfare tickets
  • Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones
  • Fuji FinePix 14MP 10x zoom digital camera with bonus case & card
  • $250 Best Buy® gift card
  • 50,000 or 100,000 airline miles
  • And more Priority Club points!

Visit https://ihg.promo.eprize.com/lucky/p...ment/rules.pdf for full sweepstakes information, including terms and conditions.

Source: PR News
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
First-in-kind contest creates chance to win trips, merchandise, gift cards and up to one million points

Priority Club members in the U.S. and Canada can go to www.priorityclub.com/sweepstakes through Saturday, August 11th to redeem as few as 100 points for an entry in the current drawings. Members can enter each new drawing as many as ten times per day for a chance to win brand-name merchandise, gift cards and much more.
Hmmm, I am in the UK, and got the same email!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold
I would refuse to use the points for anything other than Pointbreaks stays! (and hope they post as qualifying nights)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by timmyc99
I would refuse to use the points for anything other than Pointbreaks stays! (and hope they post as qualifying nights)

NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

https://ihg.promo.eprize.com/lucky/p...ment/rules.pdf
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

https://ihg.promo.eprize.com/lucky/p...ment/rules.pdf
You can only enter by post for free (and would need to pay for postage) - entering online requires use of points.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I was wondering about what they would do to the entries submitted physicallly.

Would they key them into a system together with the online ones and then choose the winners for each category?

Sounds like a lot of work.
Are there any checks in place for such sweepstakes that ensure physical entries are really going to be entered or is it some gimmick to get people to burn points and at the same time they are required to have this manual entry section to ensure they comply some sweepstake regulation of "no purchase necessary"?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Hmmm, I am in the UK, and got the same email!
You are right indeed.

The PR news report does not quote the same text as official T&C.

Eligibility:
Each Sweepstakes is open only to Priority Club Rewards members
who are legal residents of the following countries:
  • fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older;
  • Canada (except for Quebec) who have reached the age of majority;
  • United Kingdom (except for Northern Ireland) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older;
  • China who are eighteen (18) years of age or older;
  • and Japan who are twenty(20) years of age or older all at the time of entry.

Employees of Six (not Seven )Continents Hotels Inc., Maritz, Ogilvy & Mather, and ePrize, LLC, and any other entities associated with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the provision of the prizes, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.