Bed hopping for stay(s) question.

Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few
Bed hopping for stay(s) question.

Quick question as it has been awhile since I last bed hopped. If I make two separate reservations at a HIX, and the front desk person checks me in for both nights (consecutive) - would this still count as two stays two nights or will the system automatically merge the reservations as 1 stay two nights.

Gracias in advance.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by eyezon
Quick question as it has been awhile since I last bed hopped. If I make two separate reservations at a HIX, and the front desk person checks me in for both nights (consecutive) - would this still count as two stays two nights or will the system automatically merge the reservations as 1 stay two nights.

Gracias in advance.
You will only get credit for ONE stay, two nights. You need to physically leave the property for 24 hours before checking in again.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few
Thats what I thought. Darn.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
You will only get credit for ONE stay, two nights. You need to physically leave the property for 24 hours before checking in again.
While this is usually correct - sometimes it just doesn't work like that. On a recent stay like that (despite the fact I have asked to combine them into one) - it did post as two different stays.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Isn't PC one of the programs where status and promos are counted by nights not stays, so not sure what difference it makes now that ICH stays for the most part receive points based on spend too.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Isn't PC one of the programs where status and promos are counted by nights not stays, so not sure what difference it makes now that ICH stays for the most part receive points based on spend too.
Depends on the promotion..I have seen requirements for both.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
While this is usually correct - sometimes it just doesn't work like that. On a recent stay like that (despite the fact I have asked to combine them into one) - it did post as two different stays.
I suppose anything is possible, but I wouldn't want to "hang my hat" on this anomaly. Better to find hotels very close to each other and just switch nightly if you really need to have the stays.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
I had a situation at an IC a while back where I checked in and then checked out again the next morning on three consecutive days. I had a genuine reason for doing it, not trying to beat the system.

It was logged as three separate stays and I received the standard 2000 points per IC stay.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:29 am

Two recent stays in HI Brent Cross - 241 mon/tues 241 wed/thurs on both occasion the first 241 goes down as an non qualifying, but they rolled up the bill until the checkout on friday, so got the points on the spend accross both stays. but only 1 stay and 2 nights posted as qualifying, they class it as an overlapping when I rang.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:23 pm

Gracias in advance.
1 stay.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick question as it has been awhile since I last bed hopped.
The term you're looking for is hotel hopping. And if you had the right term, you would have had a sense of the right answer. It's called hotel hopping because you have change hotels, not just beds, on alternate nights, to make every night a separate stay.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
OP, is this for status, points, promos?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: Priority Club
Bed-hopping

It has been posted elsewhere, but this is relatively easy if you are staying with your wife. Book 1 night each. Usually means checking out in the morning to make sure they dont merge the nights into one stay. There are probably other ways, but this one has the merit of being within PC rules.

UKD
Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The rule is clear, and you were able to "luck out" by getting points without adhering to the policy. That is great.

But to suggest that it is now "de facto policy" and suggest others should act on your exception seems poor advice.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Thumper
The rule is clear, and you were able to "luck out" by getting points without adhering to the policy. That is great.

But to suggest that it is now "de facto policy" and suggest others should act on your exception seems poor advice.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.