FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Bed hopping for stay(s) question. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1376767-bed-hopping-stay-s-question.html)

eyezon Aug 13, 2012 10:45 am

Bed hopping for stay(s) question.

Quick question as it has been awhile since I last bed hopped. If I make two separate reservations at a HIX, and the front desk person checks me in for both nights (consecutive) - would this still count as two stays two nights or will the system automatically merge the reservations as 1 stay two nights.

Gracias in advance.

fozziedoggie Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by eyezon (Post 19111678)
Quick question as it has been awhile since I last bed hopped. If I make two separate reservations at a HIX, and the front desk person checks me in for both nights (consecutive) - would this still count as two stays two nights or will the system automatically merge the reservations as 1 stay two nights.

Gracias in advance.

You will only get credit for ONE stay, two nights. You need to physically leave the property for 24 hours before checking in again.

eyezon Aug 13, 2012 10:50 am

Thats what I thought. Darn.

MD/DC Flyer Aug 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 19111696)
You will only get credit for ONE stay, two nights. You need to physically leave the property for 24 hours before checking in again.

While this is usually correct - sometimes it just doesn't work like that. On a recent stay like that (despite the fact I have asked to combine them into one) - it did post as two different stays.

Shareholder Aug 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Isn't PC one of the programs where status and promos are counted by nights not stays, so not sure what difference it makes now that ICH stays for the most part receive points based on spend too.

fozziedoggie Aug 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 19113076)
Isn't PC one of the programs where status and promos are counted by nights not stays, so not sure what difference it makes now that ICH stays for the most part receive points based on spend too.

Depends on the promotion..I have seen requirements for both.

fozziedoggie Aug 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer (Post 19112917)
While this is usually correct - sometimes it just doesn't work like that. On a recent stay like that (despite the fact I have asked to combine them into one) - it did post as two different stays.

I suppose anything is possible, but I wouldn't want to "hang my hat" on this anomaly. Better to find hotels very close to each other and just switch nightly if you really need to have the stays.

davidrnz Aug 15, 2012 3:06 am

I had a situation at an IC a while back where I checked in and then checked out again the next morning on three consecutive days. I had a genuine reason for doing it, not trying to beat the system.

It was logged as three separate stays and I received the standard 2000 points per IC stay.

Dazedwards Aug 15, 2012 6:29 am

Two recent stays in HI Brent Cross - 241 mon/tues 241 wed/thurs on both occasion the first 241 goes down as an non qualifying, but they rolled up the bill until the checkout on friday, so got the points on the spend accross both stays. but only 1 stay and 2 nights posted as qualifying, they class it as an overlapping when I rang.

rtraveler Aug 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Gracias in advance.

1 stay.

sdsearch Aug 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Quick question as it has been awhile since I last bed hopped.

The term you're looking for is hotel hopping. And if you had the right term, you would have had a sense of the right answer. It's called hotel hopping because you have change hotels, not just beds, on alternate nights, to make every night a separate stay.

mnredfox Aug 18, 2012 2:10 am

OP, is this for status, points, promos?

UKDegsy Aug 18, 2012 2:24 am

Bed-hopping

It has been posted elsewhere, but this is relatively easy if you are staying with your wife. Book 1 night each. Usually means checking out in the morning to make sure they dont merge the nights into one stay. There are probably other ways, but this one has the merit of being within PC rules.

UKD

Thumper Aug 18, 2012 2:39 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer (Post 19112917)

The rule is clear, and you were able to "luck out" by getting points without adhering to the policy. That is great.

But to suggest that it is now "de facto policy" and suggest others should act on your exception seems poor advice.

rtraveler Aug 18, 2012 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 19145648)
The rule is clear, and you were able to "luck out" by getting points without adhering to the policy. That is great.

But to suggest that it is now "de facto policy" and suggest others should act on your exception seems poor advice.

+1