Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current IHG Deals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Current IHG Deals

I recently got the Priority Club Select Visa that is talked about on MilesBuzz and I can't believe the kind of deals I can get. I am a Choice Hotels fan and usually stayed away from Holiday Inn due to their high price. After getting this card and the 80,000 points, I am not a platinum member. We are heading out of town this weekend and I had booked one night at Comfort Inn for $95 ($106.39). We are now booked with Holiday Inn for two nights for $104 per night ($230.88 total). The shocker is that after all of the rebates, we will be paying less for two nights at Holiday Inn than one night at Comfort Inn. Here is the breakdown.

Holiday Inn currently is giving $75 for staying two weekend nights. ($75)
Mrrebates.com is giving 15% for Holiday Inn ($31.20) compared to under 3% for Comfort Inn ($2.66).
Holiday Inn is giving 1,000 extra points per night.
Holiday Inn is giving 250 points for booking online.
If I use this card, I will be getting 5 points for every dollar.
With platinum status, I get 50% more base points for my stay.
With platinum status, I get an automatic upgrade if available.

So I will now be paying $124.68 for two nights compared to $103.73 for one night. While that is $20.95 more, I will be receiving 4,440 points in addition to my base points and possibly getting a room upgrade.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: IHG, Choice Hotels, Hyatt -Plat, Hilton, Carlson - Gold, BWR - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Great job on that one. I am waiting for my credit card to hit the road with PC hotels. Post something back or send me a pm as I would like to know if you got that Platinum upgrade. Take care and enjoy your trip.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:08 am
Original Poster

I don't expect the upgrade because the hotel is almost full for the weekend. The Illinois State Fair has the place pretty well booked. But I will definitely ask for the upgrade. You never know what you might get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.