Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Elite guaranteed availability?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP

As an elite, I understood that there was some sort of guarantee - especially if I'm booking over a month and a half in advance.

I'm not sure I understand this - as I have a couple different issues.

1) I want to book a room in Manchester or Concord, NH for the night of 9/22, which also appears to be a "race weekend", so the rooms don't show as available. How does this work? I'm paying $ for the room(s), not using points. I'd really like 5 rooms, but not sure if that's possible.

2) I want to book a room in Highland Beach, FL for April 14-20, 2012 using points and can't find any combination of nights that it will allow me to book online. I'm sitting on about 230k points, so that's certainly not the hangup.

Thanks for tolerating me
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Call PC, and make sure you are out of the 72 hour limit.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Call PC, and make sure you are out of the 72 hour limit.
Yeah, they blew me off on the Manchester, NH room. Said both locations there are already fully booked.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I laugh when I see the "guaranteed room availability - ... - based on availabiliy".
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:51 pm
bxs

I recently managed to get a room in Brisbane Australia using the guarantee on the fully booked HI. But had to call PC and ended paying the max rack rate for that stay. And it was out of the 72 hours timeframe.

I was told it doesn't apply to rewards nights but I was paying cash for my stay.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Realize it has almost been a few weeks since the last thread on this topic, but I refer you to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.