Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG stay rebates - denied on all 3- anyone have success?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, WN A list, IHG Plat, Delta pittance
IHG stay rebates - denied on all 3- anyone have success?

It says this:
Pre-registration page/email not submitted.
Missing Registration Date

I printed the e-mail confirmation as soon as I got it, what the heck did I do wrong? Am I to take a screen shot of every registration screen I do as I go along? Is that how one gets a "pre-registration" screenshot?

I am super ticked, as these stays could have gone to another brand's promo.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:08 am

Did you submit a copy of the confirmation email for the promotion registration with your copy of the bill from the hotel? On the website there is a form that you need to fill, attach the hotel bill and a copy of the registration email and mail those three papers together.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by bakablonde
It says this:
Pre-registration page/email not submitted.
Missing Registration Date

I printed the e-mail confirmation as soon as I got it, what the heck did I do wrong? Am I to take a screen shot of every registration screen I do as I go along? Is that how one gets a "pre-registration" screenshot?

I am super ticked, as these stays could have gone to another brand's promo.
You need to give them a call and let them know that you included all the necessarily information with your rebate submission. As a one time courtesy they will then validate them all. This is the game that you need to play with all the rebates. Luckily the company (RebatesHQ) that processes these IHG ones is actually quite ok.
Old May 20, 2012, 11:12 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I had the exact same problem during last year's promotion. Never got my claims validated, despite repeated attempts.
Old May 20, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by jpdx
I had the exact same problem during last year's promotion. Never got my claims validated, despite repeated attempts.
Did you go through the BBB route? You need to do that sometimes with rebates.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
I submitted the original document created when I registered, the four forms generated when requesting the rebate online, the four receipts from my stays. Put it in the mail on Saturday, will post when I hear back from them...
Old May 21, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, WN A list, IHG Plat, Delta pittance
So, I sent them the rebate form with the bar code, the registration confirmation e-mail, and the bill for each stay.
On the rebate form it says to attach and send:
Copy of hotel stay bill (done)
Pre-registration page/e-mail (Done)

I have no idea what other e-mail they could ask for, there is no date on the page that you make the reservations on, and the e-mails I get right away and print.

Does anyone know how to call them? Thanks!
Old May 21, 2012, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by bakablonde
So, I sent them the rebate form with the bar code, the registration confirmation e-mail, and the bill for each stay.
On the rebate form it says to attach and send:
Copy of hotel stay bill (done)
Pre-registration page/e-mail (Done)

I have no idea what other e-mail they could ask for, there is no date on the page that you make the reservations on, and the e-mails I get right away and print.

Does anyone know how to call them? Thanks!
There is a "Chat Now" button (under contact us) at ihgrebate.com that may be helpful for you to try....
Old May 21, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
FWIW, I received a confirmation email today stating my rebate submission was valid. I printed the confirmation page that displays after you 'pre-register' for the offer. I believe it's different than the email confirmation you receive. I submitted the rebate via USPS last Monday the 14th so I was pleasantly surprised to receive such an early response that it was approved.

This was for a qualifying stay during the week of May 11th.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: hyatt
followed instruction and got rebates..
Old May 22, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
If this is the $75 stay 2 weekend nights rebate, then you should read your "registration email" carefully and note that you MUST print out and submit the registration details page in the link. NOT the email itself.

Last year, this little detail, along with a "forgetful website", screwed a lot of people out of their rebate...
Old May 23, 2012, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chunky649
If this is the $75 stay 2 weekend nights rebate, then you should read your "registration email" carefully and note that you MUST print out and submit the registration details page in the link. NOT the email itself.

Last year, this little detail, along with a "forgetful website", screwed a lot of people out of their rebate...
Well that would screw things up, and my mom told me last night that I am supposed to register for the rebate prior to the stay- so I filled out the rebate form for my stay next week already. Are other people doing that?

And on my third rebate app I did send both the registration page (that does not have a date, so ?) and the e-mail registration.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:49 am

They denied 2 of mine as well. Very frustrating because I did everything they said to do. I preregistered BEFORE my stay. Then after my stay I printed out the confirmation pages they sent in the email that had the barcodes and attached my hotel bill to it. They said my stay was invalid, that there was not a registration date on the confirmation page. But a date doesn't print on the registration page So I went online and did the CHAT NOW thing with them. And was told it was their error, they would fix it and I was eligible. So I felt pretty confident and logged out of the chat. About and hour later I checked the status of the rebates and they fixed one of them but the other one now said it was a duplicate. I thought maybe it was not eligible because it was all during a one week stay from Sun-Fri, but according to IHG that didn't matter, they told me previously I qualified for 2 rebates without having to check-in and out during that stay. So I logged back into the Chat now and explained to the agent the situation. He checked it out and told me both of my $50 mastercards will be mailed out by 7/3/2012. And my status page has been updated to say I am now qualified. I wonder if they aren't trying to make it difficult for people so they will just give up an not try to collect on the promotion.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by k1mm1eflips
He checked it out and told me both of my $50 mastercards will be mailed out by 7/3/2012.
Do they really take 6 more weeks before they mail them out? lame.

But I am glad my first 2 processed correctly: "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."
Old May 23, 2012, 10:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just had my first one rejected for a stay in Belfast. Hotel printed the receipt for me on departure and it's been rejected because the confirmation number does not appear on the receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.