Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Malta Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
For those people due to stay at the hotel in the coming months and are a little nervous about the impact the building works might have on their stay, I received this note from David Bache recently:

With regard to the construction works currently taking place in the hotel. Please note that the main works are due to be completed by the 15th of June, with interior finishing and painting of the structure currently scheduled for completion for the 1st of September.
I am not staying there with my family until the end of August so have my fingers crossed that the works will be largely done by then.

Chris
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by evapor8
I am not staying there with my family until the end of August so have my fingers crossed that the works will be largely done by then.
Thanks for the update. We'll be there from mid July and I really hope there won't be construction noises or too many disturbances and by your mail it does sound like it might not be too bad.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG
Not sure if anyone has an upcoming stay booked in a Deluxe suite, but the completion dates have been postponed. I've received an email stating that my reservation for later this month has now been changed to a Junior Suite, which simply isn't suitable for my needs. Very disappointing.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by turner32
Not sure if anyone has an upcoming stay booked in a Deluxe suite, but the completion dates have been postponed. I've received an email stating that my reservation for later this month has now been changed to a Junior Suite, which simply isn't suitable for my needs. Very disappointing.
My end of August stay is in a terrace/deluxe suite. With 2 adults and 2 children, anything different wouldn't work.

Did they give you new completion dates?

Chris
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:04 am

My end of August stay is in a terrace/deluxe suite. With 2 adults and 2 children, anything different wouldn't work.

Did they give you new completion dates?

Chris
They haven't. Nor have they given me a satisfactory alternative. Not sure what they can offer. But I have a couple of ideas.
I suggest keying your dates and checking if it shows Deluxe Suites. Mine no longer does.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:56 am

They haven't. Nor have they given me a satisfactory alternative. Not sure what they can offer. But I have a couple of ideas.
I suggest keying your dates and checking if it shows Deluxe Suites. Mine no longer does.
My dates are still bookable (at the moment) so I will take that as a good sign.

I booked my trip through BA, so would expect them to source me a suitable alternative if these rooms aren't available later in the summer.

Chris
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:35 am

My dates are still bookable (at the moment) so I will take that as a good sign.

I booked my trip through BA, so would expect them to source me a suitable alternative if these rooms aren't available later in the summer.

Chris
They're now offering 2 (I'm guessing standard) inter-connecting rooms. Not really good enough, I dont' think. Will see what happens.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:25 am

How did you get on turner32?

Chris
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:34 am

How did you get on turner32?

Chris

Hi Chris.

Arrived back on Monday from a 1 week stay. As I mentioned, their "solution" was to provide 2 x interconnecting rooms, which were upgraded to Superior category. So far, so satisfactory.
We'd noticed ongoing work outside the suites, (new, darker tiles) but 3 days into our stay, whilst on the pool deck, my wife noticed, that the lowest one was in fact occupied. I was surprised and a little bit annoyed that i had been lied to, for want of a better phrase. so I emailed the Guest relations manager with a gentle, but quizzical email. She replied the next day explaining that I could have the suite for the final 3 nights.
So, we switched rooms, and they've done a pretty nice job. The interior no longer resembles a kind of holiday villa, and instead is much darker than before, with a lot of dark grey, and a lot more contemporary. They've dropped the 2nd guest bathroom in favour of more space.
There are some nice touches, but the the room didn't feel as if it had been properly completed and there were a few niggles.
Overall, not a bad stay, and i was happy to eventually to receive the room that i booked, but disappointed in the way that the hotel handled this.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:33 am

Hi Chris.

Arrived back on Monday from a 1 week stay. As I mentioned, their "solution" was to provide 2 x interconnecting rooms, which were upgraded to Superior category. So far, so satisfactory.
We'd noticed ongoing work outside the suites, (new, darker tiles) but 3 days into our stay, whilst on the pool deck, my wife noticed, that the lowest one was in fact occupied. I was surprised and a little bit annoyed that i had been lied to, for want of a better phrase. so I emailed the Guest relations manager with a gentle, but quizzical email. She replied the next day explaining that I could have the suite for the final 3 nights.
So, we switched rooms, and they've done a pretty nice job. The interior no longer resembles a kind of holiday villa, and instead is much darker than before, with a lot of dark grey, and a lot more contemporary. They've dropped the 2nd guest bathroom in favour of more space.
There are some nice touches, but the the room didn't feel as if it had been properly completed and there were a few niggles.
Overall, not a bad stay, and i was happy to eventually to receive the room that i booked, but disappointed in the way that the hotel handled this.
Thanks for that. Was the building work an irritation? Don't suppose you have a pic of the new suite décor?

Chris
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:43 am

The building works weren't too bad. it is extensive but not too intrusive. I'm not sure how to post photo's on here, but if you DM me your email, i can send them over.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:59 am

The building works weren't too bad. it is extensive but not too intrusive. I'm not sure how to post photo's on here, but if you DM me your email, i can send them over.
That's good to hear. And DM sent thank you.

Chris

Edit: DM not sent as your account isn't setup to receive them. evapor8 {at} gmail.com.

Thanks.

Last edited by evapor8; Jul 6, 2015 at 4:01 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:37 am

Another update from the hotel:

With regard to the construction currently taking place in the hotel, please note that at the present time we are approaching the completion of all suites that are being refurbished this including our club lounge and terrace suites, this is scheduled for the 15/07/15 (next Wednesday), in fact some rooms are already being enjoyed by our guests.

What remains to be completed is the new construction and the presidential suite. However the encasement of these will be ready by the 1st of August thus lessening the visual and noise impact, as all construction will all be internalised and physically separate from the main structure of the hotel.
Chris
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:24 pm

Regarding upgrades, I (Gold AMB) have two bookings starting at the end of this week. One was Panoramic King Club Room, which is now showing as upgraded to Junior Suite and a Deluxe Room which is now showing King Deluxe Panoramic Room.

I'm looking forward to see how especially the suite looks and if the lounge is reopened before we arrive Friday.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by briandk
Regarding upgrades, I (Gold AMB) have two bookings starting at the end of this week. One was Panoramic King Club Room, which is now showing as upgraded to Junior Suite and a Deluxe Room which is now showing King Deluxe Panoramic Room.

I'm looking forward to see how especially the suite looks and if the lounge is reopened before we arrive Friday.
Please let us know how the hotel is looking briandk.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.