Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Which are the most extraordinary Hotels in the Intercontinental chain? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: quitecontrary
Please enter exceptional hotels here.
So far -
Hong Kong
Marseille
Bali
Saigon
Le Grand Paris
Singapore
Sydney (for the view)
Print Wikipost

Which are the most extraordinary Hotels in the Intercontinental chain? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: BA BD SA
And given this is FT I'll mention the view from the gym and swimming pool of the IC at JNB: you can watch the runway activity while you work out!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: platinum intercontinental /gold marriott /spg platinum
intercontinental barclays

stayed there for years hotel and staff amazing . trully a 5 star in my view

:-::-::-::-::-:
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
And given this is FT I'll mention the view from the gym and swimming pool of the IC at JNB: you can watch the runway activity while you work out!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by lecter
As mentioned above, I see it as a regular business IC...although I found the service to be very good in the club lounge.
Sorry. Should have read the first post more clearly. you´re correct. The view is great.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:17 am

InterContinental David Tel Aviv
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:23 am

Til recently, though sadly no more, The Grand in Stockholm

Alas now, I'd say the Amstel in Amsterdam, along with it's excellent restaurant
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
intercontinental barclays

Originally Posted by aris123
stayed there for years hotel and staff amazing . trully a 5 star in my view

:-::-::-::-::-:
Is this a joke!?

Or you are the GM of this property, well known for dated rooms and poor service (but at least no murder party as at IC Broadway )
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:46 pm

Hong Kong is on top of my list for view and service, but their regular rooms are too small and many rooms have a bad smell.

Berchtesgaden has a great view and ok service (just my opinion), totally overpriced mediocre restaurant

Barclay has no view, bad service and looks very run down inside (but this could be seen as charming?). I am not going back there.

I would like to add two more:
Jiuzhai. Great view, great location, ok service, interesting building - big glass dome for the lobby/restaurant area
Mumbai Marine Drive: Good view of the bay, modern architecture, good service, but otherwise a typical business hotel
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:06 pm

From the perspective of an RA and the excellent upgrades and treatment we received at each of these locations: Sydney for direct view of both Harbour Bridge and Opera House from corner suite and the wonderful rooftop lounge and the endless excellent half bottles of champagne in minibar; Hong Kong for harbour and light show view from corner suite and upscale furnishings; Willard for class, space, (two room suites), location and views of the monuments. (Some report Sydney has gone downhill in treatment but was superior when we visited.)
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: PC
Might get bashed for suggesting a Holiday Inn here, but the Holiday Inn Resort on Phi Phi Island is in one of the most stunning locales I've ever seen...crystal-clear water and multi-colored fish swimming with you right by the shore, plus the fact that it covers a peninsula and thus gives you fantastic sunrise and sunset views. The hotel itself is a typical HI (with bungalows instead of rooms, though), but the location is well worth the trip imho.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IC Bucharest

A bit of an ugly duckling - but it covers the criteria of views (these resonate with the city's recent history), architectural interest (though the focus is very much on interest rather than beauty..), and position as one of the city's top business hotels. Certainly the tallest!

The new lounge is a distinguishing feature. Service has always been faultless: well, the service I receive has always been faultless.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:50 am

Of those I've stayed in (Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Bali, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Madrid, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cambodia, Los Angeles, Miami, Miami West), my favourites were:

Amsterdam (IC Amstel), superb hotel and great suites
Sydney (especially the club lounge, and the view from a harbour view suite)
Bora Bora
Hong Kong (great view, good location, and good staff)

I'm looking forward to visiting the IC Willard when I visit the US in a few months.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: platinum intercontinental /gold marriott /spg platinum
my experience is so diffrent

have to admitt only stayed in suites in this hotel and always seemed very well looked after and the staff are always nice
^
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Is this a joke!?

Or you are the GM of this property, well known for dated rooms and poor service (but at least no murder party as at IC Broadway )
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, FB GOLD, HH DIA, SPG PLAT
I love the IC Monterey ! As RA I had the corner suite with seaview ! Excellent !
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by aris123
have to admitt only stayed in suites in this hotel and always seemed very well looked after and the staff are always nice
^
This thread is really looking for world-class properties, though ... The Barclay is not even the best hotel within 2 blocks of The Barclay, probably about the 5th best!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
IC Bucharest

A bit of an ugly duckling - but it covers the criteria of views (these resonate with the city's recent history), architectural interest (though the focus is very much on interest rather than beauty..), and position as one of the city's top business hotels. Certainly the tallest!

The new lounge is a distinguishing feature. Service has always been faultless: well, the service I receive has always been faultless.
Agreed on all bar the service aspect which, in the lounge, we found very poor. We were even refused entry at 9.30 because they were having a party in there later despite it closing only at 10pm (we'd returned from a meal out and wanted a nightcap, had we not had the minibar to finish then we might have dug our heels in...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.