How to get a new member card

Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
How to get a new member card

Hi,

due to a big amount of strong Belgian Beer (which is, by the way by far the best beer in the world and much better than our German ones or any beer in the world) I lost my Priority Club Member Card in March.

Since then I tried everything to get a new one. I mailed Ambassador Service Center Priority Club Service Center and I filled out the special link for a new member card. Nothing happened - without one exception: I received one mail from a IHG-Person with a Filipino name, that promised me in April, that a new card is on its way. But nothing happened at all.
What can I do to get a new card? Any special IHG Person I could contact?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Kubi
Hi,

due to a big amount of strong Belgian Beer (which is, by the way by far the best beer in the world and much better than our German ones or any beer in the world) I lost my Priority Club Member Card in March.

Since then I tried everything to get a new one. I mailed Ambassador Service Center Priority Club Service Center and I filled out the special link for a new member card. Nothing happened - without one exception: I received one mail from a IHG-Person with a Filipino name, that promised me in April, that a new card is on its way. But nothing happened at all.
What can I do to get a new card? Any special IHG Person I could contact?

You can order another one online . ..I vaguely recollect
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
I ordered one online in April - which also hasn't arrived.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by docklander
You can order another one online . ..I vaguely recollect
...as I mentioned above I have also orderd one online....several times.....and I have written mails to the service-centers. Nothing at all, only one vague answer. Really a very wacko customer treatment....
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:35 am

Their process with getting cards/packages out does not seem very streamlined. When i signed up for ambassador it took them 2 weeks to get an email to me saying that it was processed, they then lost/missent/whatever my package. When I asked them about it they asked me to wait even longer. If you dont already, when contacting them via email keep the chain going by replying and not contacting them again via form. Your email may not get read by the same person every time but at least whoever is reading it currently will see what actions/replys have already been given. When all else fails, call them.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:32 pm

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by Kubi
...as I mentioned above I have also orderd one online....several times.....and I have written mails to the service-centers. Nothing at all, only one vague answer. Really a very wacko customer treatment....
Not sure about Amb/RA cards (never had to order a new one) but I filled out the online form on the IHG/PC web site for a custom card (the ones with your frequent flyer and other program numbers on the back) and got it quickly and without hassle.

Maybe you should send another email "read reciept requested" (or certified/registered snail mail) and, if you still have no luck, ring the service centre, explain your situation and history, and ask for the name, phone number and email address of a customer service manager. Not a "team member", "associate", or "team leader". MANAGER. From there, send them a read receipt email and tell him/her that you've had enough of the poor service and, if not fixed to your satisfaction immediatley, you are going to take your business elsewhere, etc.

I'd dare say you'd have a result fairly quickly.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:34 pm

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by theclive
If you dont already, when contacting them via email keep the chain going by replying and not contacting them again via form. Your email may not get read by the same person every time but at least whoever is reading it currently will see what actions/replys have already been given.
Very good advice. Make sure that whoever you deal with knows the whole story and how long this has been going on.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I am not certain what you need it for, but you can print out a copy of your card on line.

GO to "Manage my account". On the left side of the page, right above where it says "request new card" is "print new card".

At least you will have something in the meantime.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Thumper
I am not certain what you need it for.
My thoughts too..

Personally I've only been asked for it once -at the Carlton Cannes ,when i arrived early morning looking a bit rough (consequence of a late night )

...and I didnt have it on me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.