Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Experience with Priority Club & HI in Lubbock, TX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2002, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Great Experience with Priority Club & HI in Lubbock, TX

I hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn property in years, but recently my husband and I ended up staying at two within a week, while on a cross-country drive. The first property, the HI Asheville Airport, was fine (particularly for the money -- $45 a night with the "next night free" promo). The second property, the HI Hotel & Towers at Lubbock Civic Center was exemplary.

For instance, since this was our second HI stay in a week, I asked at check-in if I could enroll in Priority Club on the spot.

The answer was yes, and as a "thank you" for enrolling, the desk clerk gave us the following:
- upgrade to a suite in the Tower
- free drink coupon good in the bar or restaurant
- free hot breakfast coupon

We had a very modestly-priced and quite tasty dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the coupons were accepted without the slightest hesitation.

Upon my return I called Priority Club to confirm that the front desk person at Lubbock had really registered me (he had, and the points for our Lubbock stay were already credited) and to inquire whether I might be able to get credit for the Asheville stay. No problem. Very pleasant rep added the stay in a few seconds and I was able to confirm it online!

I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold member and also stay frequently at Starwood and Marriott properties. I really hadn't considered becoming a regular customer of HI, but I must say, this experience has me giving HI another look.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Update

I would not recommend this property. I'm at it now and it is in dire need of a major renovation. The bathtub in my room has a lot of mold and mildew, the door to the room is very difficult to open from the hallway, the entire place smells rather musty, and the carpet in the hallway is stained and has several damp areas that appear to be the result of leaks. The lighting in the room is rather dim as well. The front desk staff at check-in was also rather clueless. Sure, I got coupons for a free drink at the bar and free breakfast each morning, but the overall condition of the property is really poor. The rooms appear to have had some updates to the bedding, curtains, and furniture, but this does not make up for poor housekeeping and maintenance of the facility. Once again, this is another "full service" Holiday Inn that advertises itself like it was a five star property, but it's at best a mediocre two star hotel.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:10 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Any recent stays at the Lubbock Holiday Inn & Towers? The hotel website indicates that the gym was renovated in 2007 and I'm wondering if perhaps the rest of the hotel was renovated following ssullivan's post above.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dstan
Any recent stays at the Lubbock Holiday Inn & Towers? The hotel website indicates that the gym was renovated in 2007 and I'm wondering if perhaps the rest of the hotel was renovated following ssullivan's post above.
Renovated in 2008, according to At-A-Glance:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...glance?start=1
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:35 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Missed that (obviously), thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The GM posted a reply on TripAdvisor in March:
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We would like to let you know that we have completed a 6 million dollar renovation to the property and all of the beds, pillows, etc have been replaced. We receive very complimetary comments on our facility and our new renovations. The renovation also included refinishing all of our bathtubs, sinks,shower curtains and shower heads. Please try our hotel the next time you are traveling to Lubbock.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...219-r15181631-
Holiday_Inn_Lubbock_Hotel_Towers-Lubbock_Texas.html
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down Holiday Inn Hotel & Towers Lubbock erroneously charged me tax on an award stay

Many days after checkout on a points stay with no incidentals, and being told I was "good to go" at checkout and never thus getting a folio, the HI Hotel & Towers Lubbock decided to bill me for "state taxes" for some reason.

I called Priority Club and they told me the hotel shouldn't have done that and should contact me and refund me withihn a few days. After 10 days of nothing happening, I called Priority Club again, and they tried contacting the hotel again, with still no response. Finally they offered to either send me a check or give me some bonus points. Given that the taxes were nowhere near as high as the amount you need to pay for those points with the "cash + points" trick, I went for the points.

So I'm happy with Priority Club, but now hate this hotel. Not only do they do incorrect billing on award stays, but then ignore multiple requests to explain why and/or fix it.

(Meanwhile, I did have two great reward stays at the HIX Lubbock West, as well as the Staybridge Lubbock, with zero billing problems (the Staybridge was on PointsBreak at the time!). So I would definitely recommend those over the HI Hotel & Towers. (Aside from the billing problems, I still liked the HIX and the Staybridge more than this HI, but the billing problems and inability to resolve them would remove the HI from the running for me completely.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.