Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Club and Six Continents Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2000, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Priority Club and Six Continents Club

I have always wondered (directed to the many
patrons of Intercontinental Hotels here) about the relationship between the Priority Club and the Six Continents Club. It would seem to me that for $100, one gets much better treatment with the SCC than with PC,
so is the latter the 'poor man's version' of SCC? Thanks for any clarification.

Robert
Old Apr 25, 2000, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You have to realize that SCC is not quite the same as other FF hotel programs. The objective is not to collect points to get free nights and other items. SCC has always been a "service" club, offering special perks for IC's best and most frequent customers. While it is true that with more nights logged -- and dollars spent -- one moves up the elite chain, and benefits improve, but the basic perks of SCC are often better than other chain's elite award program perks.

Priority Club was started by Holiday Inn as a traditional FF hotel program. You stay and collect points which can be redeemed for free nights or gifts, or transferred to airline mileage accounts. Elite benefits are modest, and do improve from Gold to Platinum (or whatever), but they don't include many of the basics found in SCC aside from upgraded accommodation.

When Bass took over both chains, it brought its Priority Club to IC, but as a complement to the airline programs in which one could also earn miles for stays at IC hotels.

A few years ago, Hilton International, had a similar program, The Hilton Club. It offered the same perks to member HI patrons as SCC does. However, HI decided to shut down The Hilton Club when its commercial deal with Hilton USA brought it into HHonors. HI figured the elite benefits of Silver, Gold and Diamond -- and the Towers and elite floors -- would make up for the loss of The Hilton Club benefits. (I personally would like to see The Hilton Club operating today, but...)
Old Apr 26, 2000, 9:33 pm
MKB

I wonder if Bass will ever extend SCC privileges to cover Crowne Plaza properties? It's so hard to maintain elite status in SCC because I/C's are so **** scarce in Europe and North America.
Old May 7, 2000, 2:20 pm

I second Shareholder's comments. 6CC is designed for those travelers who don't care about points and miles, but want benefits.

I travel so much that I don't care about how many miles I have or how many points I have. The reason I'm loyal to certain airlines and hotel chains is for the perks and benefits that can make all the difference.

Intercontiental gears its 6CC to those who want the recognition and treatment, not the miles or points.

But, if you are into miles, you do get bonuses ontop of the normal 500 for being a 6CC member.
Old Jun 19, 2000, 8:43 pm

[Also posted in Bass/PC Forum]

I'm an SCC member (comped) and I've got my first Intercontinental stay next week at the Summer Options rate. I passed on breakfast (won't eat it), upgrade (SCC membership should do the trick), and second room (no kids), which leaves double miles/points as my option.

CO is a Priority Club partner, but not an Intercontinental partner, so I would like to get double Priority Club points for my stay.

My SCC number is already in my record. But do I waive my right to a room upgrade if I ask for Priority Club points at check-in?
Old Jul 4, 2000, 12:45 pm

Six Cont. Club is really one of the best--if not THE best in terms of hotels. And if you become Executive--you are truly treated like royalty. Can't say enough good things about them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.