Wiki Posts
Search

A couple of Ambassador questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
A couple of Ambassador questions

1. I know the benefits are not recognized officially at other IHG properties, but unofficially are there experiences of increased benefits, vouchers, etc.. at say holiday inn, HIX properties by being an ambassador?

2. Using the BOGO. i searched but couldn't find the answer. I need to book the designated BOGO rate..essentially full'flex type rate. ok.
but when i book, do I pay for both nights at time of booking, and then get a refund for 1 night when I actually stay/redeem? or just simply book 2 nights with that link, and pay the 1 night after I complete the stay?

Merci!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Personally, I have not experienced any additional benefits at Holiday Inns or Express hotels as a result of being an RA Ambassador member. I have received minor upgrades as a result of being a PC platinum member. The type of benefit, upgrade or additional amenity is determined by the individual hotel.

As far as the Ambassador Weekend Certificate rate and whether the hotel will charge for the 2 nights, please read the T&Cs for the certificate at the official link:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...ferences=IBAMB

mxm135
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
As you said yourself, the BOGO rate is essentially Best Flex, so pay on departure.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:39 am

i have had some upgrades to suites at HI / CP as a RA. They sometimes notice, maybe it was my 7 figure point balance, or 100 night per year average, or something else?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by zerafa
i have had some upgrades to suites at HI / CP as a RA. They sometimes notice, maybe it was my 7 figure point balance, or 100 night per year average, or something else?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.