Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:19 am

From my and others' experience, I think the 1-cat upgrade from a Ocean View tends to be to a Terrace Suite (i.e. bigger/better room) rather than just a view upgrade.

Not sure what happens when you book a Terrace Suite, whether they give you a better view or the Peninsula Suite.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:18 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:50 am
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:05 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
When we stayed in Feb they didn't offer a more reasonable transfer option either, only the 89$ one-way or 186$ roundtrip (before tax IIRC). We arranged our own transfer via some SQ booking partner (Connex) and it cost us 42$ round trip in a Toyota Corolla type car run by one of the large Vietnamese Tour Operators. Not a fancy Mercedes SUV, but perfectly fine for the 30min trip to the resort. Just had to find the person holding up my name on a sign.

At the resort they got Vina Sun cabs standing by so should be fine for using them going back and forth to amd from the resort (the Vina Group boss is a close buddy of the Sun Group boss who owns the IC Danang). If going to the airport, I'd give them an advance warning so you are sure to have a cab waiting for you.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:20 am

Vinasun taxis usually are fine. No need to prebook anything, just take a taxi. Make sure the seatbelts work before you close the door.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
A few times there was a 15-20min wait for more cabs to arrive. Maybe just bad luck.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hi all, just a quick question as to how people found the evenings here? Is there entertainment at the resort for the evenings? I’ve read Da Nang and Hoi An are reasonable distances away.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:55 pm

Question, please. If I book a regular room, negotiated a paid upgrade to a Club access and using BOGO Weekend certificate, I only have to pay the surcharge for the 1st night or do I pay for both nights? Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Question, please. If I book a regular room, negotiated a paid upgrade to a Club access and using BOGO Weekend certificate, I only have to pay the surcharge for the 1st night or do I pay for both nights? Thanks!
Why not book just book a clubroom with your BOGO?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
1, Bogo creates great value if booking a club room, as you pay room+club first night and get upgraded room +lounge foc the second night

2. Conversely on a BOGO, any post reservation Hotel UPSELL is correctly charged to both of the bogo nights
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:19 pm

I can only recommend to follow scubaccr's advise. I was there in Feb and had booked a Club room on FWNC (700$ ++, nobody ever said the place was cheap) which was upgraded to Oceanview Club Terrace Suite and then added on 4 reward nights with negotiated Club supplement. I was allowed to retain the Oceanview Club Terrace Suite for the 4 reward nights. Overall the best arrangement as pointed out by other posters.

My one gripe with the (Club) Terrace Suite balcony is that there is no daybed or alternatively that the two big chairs have no footstool to rest your feet on. Plenty of space and easily done, a bit of an oversight in my book.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:05 pm

We have an "extra" day to spend on our way from Saigon to Hong Kong. Would it be worth it to spend a night here? The hotel looks beautiful, and we will be ready for some relaxing. How much of a headache is it to get to and from the airport? Flights are only $35, so that part is easy to sort!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Suzzin
Flights are only $35, so that part is easy to sort!
For that price I suspect the carrier could be Vietjet, and you should not underestimate how late they can run! A friend of mine complained about a 5h delay, and was told he was lucky to be leaving that day.
Personally I would fly Vietnam Airlines domestically if on any kind of schedule, especially later in the day when delays from Vietjet's unrealistic aircraft scheduling add up and available aircraft get reassigned to higher priority routes.

Apart from that, yes, it is a beautiful hotel, and getting there is a simple if longish taxi ride, just budget for onsite meals if staying such a short time.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:12 pm

I spent a bit more time poking around, and I'm now thinking of skipping Saigon and going to Da Nang and Hoi An for 3-4 days. What do you think? It would be our only stop in Vietnam. Da Nang looks to have the beauty, they history, and the food. And a smattering of shopping. I'm easily swayed, though, and could be convinced that Hanoi is the best of the three options....
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Suzzin
Da Nang looks to have the beauty, the history, and the food.
The IC has a privileged, exclusive, and beautiful setting, but the city itself is just flat land by an endless beach with countless hotels under construction, low-midrange ones for mass tourism downtown across the beach road, and upscale beachside resorts south on the road to Hoi An.
As for history, there are a few museums, good for 1-2 hours each, but hardly any historical buildings/areas; not much unless you are a Vietnam War buff.
If you mean 3-4 days spread between Hoi An and R&R at the IC with a one day foray into Danang city, that is a good plan.
Hanoi is quite atmospheric, much preferable to Saigon in my eyes, quaint but hardly relaxing. Saigon is neither.
Others will suggest Hue, but Hue + Hoi An using the IC as a base would be too tiring, and if staying at both, outside the scope of this thread.

I would base the decision on your interests and the weather, as in the winter Hanoi is drab and Danang too chilly for a beach holiday, and the rainy/typhoon season not a good time to visit the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.