Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Made a little video of the property

Intercontinental Danang - Heaven on Earth - YouTube
Nice, looks like you had the Heaven level with club lounge access.

I'm here now (on points) and it's good, but to a degree over rated.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:56 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Nice, looks like you had the Heaven level with club lounge access.

I'm here now (on points) and it's good, but to a degree over rated.
I had the Peninsula Club Suite over at Earth level actually
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
I booked a stay here in august. I have 7 nights total to spend in the area. However I didn't realize the hotel was so far from Hoi An. Almost an hour? Is that correct? I really want to spend some time in Hoi An so I'm thinking about cancelling some nights and spending then at a Beach hotel in Hoi An instead? I'm wondering if it's worth it to go to a different, probably not as luxurious hotel for about 2 or 3 out of 7 nights just to be close to Hoi An. Note: I have a one year old child which is the reason I worry about traveling to Hoi An from the IC. It seems like it would be more practical to be close by incase he is cranky we can just easily go back to the hotel for a nap.
Any recommendations in Hoi An?
I know this was posted a few weeks ago and have maybe been answered before but thought I would chime in. The hotel is about 25 minutes just to central Da Nang, and 1 hour plus to get to Hoi An. Definitely stay a couple nights in Hoi An as the ride itself will maybe be a little much to do for just a day trip. The shuttle service from IC Danang is only a couple times a day as well.

Plus, one of the best parts about Hoi An is walking around the Ancient Town at night. It can get a little crowded in high season, but it is still beautiful nonetheless.

I would recommend the Almanity Hotel or Essence Hotel and Spa for your stay in Hoi An. Almanity does an amazing Sunday brunch, and Essence is overall one of the best hotels in the entire town imo. I stayed in Hoi An for about four months so I stayed in my fair share.

Enjoy your time there, it's amazing. PM me if you want any restaurant recommendations!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Enjoyed two free nights here having earnt them completing the first Accelerate promotion.
I was upgraded to a higher room category as was IHG Platinum (From Plat Amex).
Tried to get them to give me club lounge access if I signed up onsite for the Ambassador programme but they were having none of it. They did offer a large discount to the Club Lounge price if I signed up but I didn't go for it. I think they offered it at $100 per day.

I did eat twice at La Maison 1888 though which was well worth it, albeit rather pricey !!

One of my best redemption yet. Was $900 cash price for lowest level room for 2 nights - not sure how much the room was supposed to be that I was upgraded to. All for doing something paltry like staying two weekends in any IHG properties during the accelerate promotional period :-)

I would go back.
Especially if it was free :-)
Hey. May I know what type of room did you book and get finally?
Old May 21, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
If I book a 1 Bedroom Villa by the Beach on Bogo and then 3 nights on points (I am a Plat Ambassador), what is the likelihood of keeping that room on for the 5 nights?

Or is a better strategy to book the Peninsula Suite with the hope they will let us stay for the 5 nights.

We are there for our wedding anniversary.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:00 pm

No upgrades to villa under the RA/Amb upgrade entitlement.

They will not let you keep the room for free - they are very alive to people doing exactly this, and will request that you pay the difference. You can negotiate a little bit with them, but it will not be $0.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by stargold
No upgrades to villa under the RA/Amb upgrade entitlement.

They will not let you keep the room for free - they are very alive to people doing exactly this, and will request that you pay the difference. You can negotiate a little bit with them, but it will not be $0.
thanks Stargold.

Which category of room would you recommend I book that has the highest chance of us staying in it for the 3 reward nights?

I definitely want Club access
Old May 22, 2017, 4:21 am

I would just book the category of room which I actually want under the Amb certificate rate, and then negotiate with the property about what will happen to the remaining 3 nights. For example, you might be able to reduce the surcharge for the remaining 3 nights by forgoing the one-cat upgrade which you're entitled to as Amb on a paid rate for the first two nights.

Club access won't be free on the reward nights whichever you cut it, so you will be paying for that at the very least anyway.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I would just book the category of room which I actually want under the Amb certificate rate, and then negotiate with the property about what will happen to the remaining 3 nights. For example, you might be able to reduce the surcharge for the remaining 3 nights by forgoing the one-cat upgrade which you're entitled to as Amb on a paid rate for the first two nights.

Club access won't be free on the reward nights whichever you cut it, so you will be paying for that at the very least anyway.
Good advice - i've booked the Villa and will see how we get on with the negotiation.

At worst we will have to move and I will just pay for club. At least we will have had 2 nights in a great room.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:40 am

I will, however, say that I enjoyed the Terrace Suite significantly more than the base category Oceanview Room. It's just designed a lot better, has a lot more light, and the terrace is far more useful.

So even if you choose to move rooms for nights 3-5, try to avoid the Classic room type.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:32 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:21 am
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
HI all
Will be visiting here at christmas 2017 for 5 nights. Was thinking I'd quite like to do a cooking class at some time in Vietnam and Da Nang seems like the best time to do it as we only have 3 nights in HCM. I had a look on the hotel website but dont see anything and havent heard anyone mention anything in a trip review. Cant find an email address for the concierge on their website either. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

edit: I have since found reservations email address and emailed them. But if anyone has any other comments on cooking classes I 'd love to hear them.

Last edited by Susiew237; Jul 2, 2017 at 8:32 pm
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:19 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know the price of breakfast pp? I'm trying to figure out if upgrading to club is worth it. We have a child, so so far I'm thinking no.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Does anyone know the price of breakfast pp?
VND 883,575 including service charge and taxes.

For reference, that is a bit more than a light meal at Citron, and a bit less than a heavy one, without alcohol. Portion sizes at Citron are really large, two light eaters could easily share one main course.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
June 2017 - Club Peninsula Suite

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Bai Bac, Son Tra Peninsula Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District Da Nang, VN

June 2017 - Club Peninsula Suite (0 Photo)

Just returned from a few nights here at the end of June.

Stayed in a Club Peninsula Suite, booked the category below but got an upgrade to this due to my Ambassador status.

Pro-tip if you are Ambassador is to book the Terrace suite.  Its only about 100 dollars more than the regular room but it upgrades into the significantly nicer Peninsula Suite. 

Also don't book the Peninsula Suite expecting a further upgrade - they do not upgrade Ambassadors higher than this room.

I think the club package is well worth it.  Not only do you get the standard breakfast/afternoon tea/cocktails but you also get free minibar (soft drinks and beer) and free poolside soft drinks.  Bearing in mind this is an expensive hotel soft drinks by the pool are around $12 each so this is a big saver if you spend time there.

All in all would highly recommend this hotel although I'd re-iterate to maybe stray away from peak periods if you can.  You'll still have a fantastic time but June/July/August the hotel nears full occupancy and this may slightly impact your stay.

Below is a video I took documenting my stay / room etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKH8Rlc2pRo

June 2017 - Club Peninsula Suite

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.