Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i am looking to stay here over new yrs with the family.
website seems to have max of 3 persons per room -do you think there will be a problem if we all stay in same room?>
(total 5-2 adults and 3kids 5,9,11yrs)
The Atrium Suite has a relatively big king size bed, most likely god enough for 3 people. The outside terrace has two daybeds, each big enough for two people. But not sure if this is a good idea. Da Nang can be a bot chilly/raing at that time of the year. Ind if it is not raining you most likely have a lot of bugs.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks
i was wondering more if they would try to charge me more just for taking the one room...(dont think atrium suites av on points)

is there anywhere else you would suggest at this time of yr relatively near ho chi minh for good weather>?

thanks
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks
i was wondering more if they would try to charge me more just for taking the one room...(dont think atrium suites av on points)

is there anywhere else you would suggest at this time of yr relatively near ho chi minh for good weather>?

thanks
Further south it is usually warmer, but still the possibility of rain. We usually are in Vietnam a few times a year, some years it is nice and sunny around that time, some years it rains constantly.
You could look at the far south like Phu Quoc Island (short flight), Phan Tiet (a few hours by road) or Nha Trang (short flight, 8-10 hours by road). PM me if you need some recommendations.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The hotel is now hiring several staff for "Club Intercontinental" position, estimated opening date November.
So there will eventually be a proper club.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:16 am

Yes the club lounge is under construction. Word we had was that it would be end of November and with these benefits already being offered before it was formally open:
Meet & greet at airport in our lounge by our airport representative

Luggage assist during arrival

Private limousine transfer both ways - Lexus

Packing/unpacking of cases

breakfast in Citron for two

Afternoon high tea either in Citron or en-suite

Daily cocktail hour at the Long Bar with savories

Guaranteed reserved sun bed on the beach

Extra benefits at the Long Pool once operational

Priority dining & entertainment reservations & seating

Priority Spa reservations

Additional in-room amenities plus gift
Not bad I thought....

RA upgrade is from entry room to Peninsular Suite which seems fairly straightforward upgrade.

Surprisingly it seems minibar is not included in RA benefits package which is disappointing and a little cheap. Guess we will take our own then!

What I thought was rather cool is the lounge at DAD for IC travellers. Not sure what the concession for this is....everyone, certain grade rooms etc but we have it on our reservation. Anyone used that? Any feedback? Is interesting.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
We are looking at staying here for 5 nights in March. Was going to use a BOGO cert and then book 3 nights on points. I'm a RA so I figured they would upgrade an Atrium Suite 2 categories to a Rock Villa. Emailed the hotel and was told that property policy is to only upgrade as far as an Atrium suite. My rate would be downgraded to a normal room and then apply the 2 category upgrade.

I know I shouldn't focus to much on the room but as a RA I've gotten used to having the best rooms and I'm traveling halfway across the world to stay at this particular hotel. It kind of leaves me thinking twice about the property.

The email I received - "In fact, we are wishing to upgrade room as your prefer mail below, but we are very sorry to inform that we can not to apply due to policy in our property. We can upgrade room maximum to Atrium Suite.
We are pleased to offer the other ways for your reservation as below:
Your room and rate will be adjusted to standard room then we will upgrade from Classic room to Atrium Suite. Then you can pay for upgrade supplement fee from Atrium Suite to Rock Villa if you continue to want to stay Rock Villa.
We are really looking forward to warm welcome and serve you as the highest guest to our stunning resort. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time if you have any enquiries"

Earlier reports have RA's being upgraded to Rock and Sea villas but it looks like policy has changed. Wonder if I would have any luck with IHG corporate?

Ok I'm done.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:44 am

Have to say I'd be surprised if you were disappointed with an Atrium suite.....even the entry level rooms are very well appointed.

Although lower towards the beach, the Peninsular (fairly sure that is an Atrium) suite, it has it's own balcony and lots of nice extras.

Like you I got fairly used to super upgrades and definitely there are limits in their local policy, but I think this is one location were the upgrade cap won't disappoint. I tried a little gentle arm twisting but without supplement they won't go higher.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:17 am

What kind of an upgrade do Plat Ambassador get (not RA) on award stay?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by cutnana
What kind of an upgrade do Plat Ambassador get (not RA) on award stay?
You will be entitled one level upgraded, maximum to Autrium Suite
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:43 am

Thanks.
I contacted the hotel and they replied with these amenities and no mention of an upgrade:
Ř A late checkout until 4:00PM

Ř A selection of fresh fruits

Ř Daily local newspaper

Ř A small welcome gift in your room

Ř Exclusive access to our executive lounge at the Domestic Departure Terminal. At our airport lounges, you can rest in your ultimate comfort before your flight. Savour a tasty snack menu, large beverages selection and complimentary wi-fi while relaxing in our deluxe settings and world-class service that InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort is known for. As our valuable guests, we would like to invite you to be one of the first guests to enjoy this privileged experience.

We look forward to hearing from you at soonest.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:12 am

Has anyone stayed at this property recently?

I notice from the website that they have introduced some new room types. Also if you are in an atrium suite (now known as peninsula suite), it seems to automatically include club benefits
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:21 am

New IC Lounge is open since 16th March. Extremely well appointed. Annex from Citroen and food choices are by menu, a selection (very good selection) of the Citroen menu.

Service is excellent although still a few clinging communication issues...nothing painful and nothing that a little time and consideration will not see the best results from.

Club package allows breakfast to take at IC Lounge, in-room, Barefoot Café and Citroen...all very very good. (super Angus breakfast steak with red wine/shallot sauce) You get pick up and drop off and use of lounge at airport. Bags are collected from belt and all passport formalities are done for you.

Normal (but very good) afternoon tea..... 5 Tea journey, sarnies, cakes and the like. Cocktail hour starts 5.30 (little odd) through 7.30 and a good range of drinks.

RA pack seems to be adjusted upwards a little. I got level upgrade but full mini-bar pack......half bottle VC .... pricing seems very competitive right now. Will post RA experience post later.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
What the f... is going on at IC Danang?

Just arrived for a 3-night-stay, 2 nights on points, one paid night.
I know there are no guaranteed upgrades on reward stays, nevertheless before arrival the reservation showed an upgrade from King deluxe to Ocean Terrace Suite for all 3 nights. On arrival the room we were given was a king deluxe club room, also on the IHG website this room showed up for the first night.
When we asked about the club benefits, we were told, that we have a indeed a Club room, but without Club benefits, as this was a point stay. But we could move to the Ocean Terrace Suite for the next 2 nights, as all rooms of this type were occupied this night.
When I checked Ihg website after discussing the issue with front office, the 2nd night of my booking magically had also changed to King Deluxe Club....
Very disappointing...
Anyone had this experience before?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Just arrived for a 3-night-stay, 2 nights on points, one paid night.
I know there are no guaranteed upgrades on reward stays, nevertheless before arrival the reservation showed an upgrade from King deluxe to Ocean Terrace Suite for all 3 nights. On arrival the room we were given was a king deluxe club room, also on the IHG website this room showed up for the first night.
When we asked about the club benefits, we were told, that we have a indeed a Club room, but without Club benefits, as this was a point stay. But we could move to the Ocean Terrace Suite for the next 2 nights, as all rooms of this type were occupied this night.
When I checked Ihg website after discussing the issue with front office, the 2nd night of my booking magically had also changed to King Deluxe Club....
Very disappointing...
Anyone had this experience before?
IC will often pre-upgrade your room type which we see online, but if someone pays the higher cash rate to book that room type specifically then it will not be available for you to get as a non-revenue upgrade. In this case the original online upgrade seen is dropped down to a lower, but still acceptable upgrade
(though one is no doubt disappointed due to ones increased expectation)

This is the usual upgrade scenario everywhere, not just here.

I am sure you will also have seen online RA upgrade allocated before arrival later change for the better online and/or receive better at checkin.

It is very usual to get same room for stays duration unless a downgrade initially. Unless a lengthy stay, say 7days plus, hotel will see what rooms are available at checkin and put you in that room for duration of your stay, whether your stay is one or more separate reservations.
(Works both ways too, if hotel needs to give you a better room than you should get on your first checkin day, you get to keep that nice room for rest of the stay)

I have found on numerous award nights that hotels treating RAs well on paid nights also do more than required on my award nights, usually the non-cost things are included , such as room upgrade, internet still before 01July2013, free movie, minibar too very often. The bennie often removed was the lounge access.

The one exception I had was IC HCMC (Saigon) Vietnam, where on award nights you get free lounge access but no room upgrade, but I was offered usual RA suite room upgrade for about usd60/night.
(Made my 25K points night meaningless regards my redemption ratio as my company room rate is usd105 night so 25K saved me just usd40 in the end)

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 19, 2014 at 7:50 am
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:24 am

Please note that you can use the free shuttle to arrive and leave the hotel. Here is the schedule as provided by the hotel:
http://danang.intercontinental.com/t...tation-service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.