Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking moved from Palazzo to Venetian

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Booking moved from Palazzo to Venetian

Just checked my next months bookings and the booking i had for a prestige luxury suite in the Palazzo has been changed for a Bella view suite in the Venetian. I am a Platinum Ambassador so am due an upgrade but am I right in thinking this is a down grade as the Venetian doesn't have a prestige level ? I am a little confused as I have an additional 4 reward nights booked after my first paid night that are still in the Palazzo.
Any advice please or best just to call ambassador services and let them sort it.
Knobby
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by knobby
Just checked my next months bookings and the booking i had for a prestige luxury suite in the Palazzo has been changed for a Bella view suite in the Venetian. I am a Platinum Ambassador so am due an upgrade but am I right in thinking this is a down grade as the Venetian doesn't have a prestige level ? I am a little confused as I have an additional 4 reward nights booked after my first paid night that are still in the Palazzo.
Any advice please or best just to call ambassador services and let them sort it.
Knobby
If you got a lot of time at hand and want to get involved.. call the hotel. If you want to avoid the hassle and save yourself (presumably a lot of) time call the Amb line and let them manage it.

But I would strongly recommend calling and not just showing up..
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Most important: It´s another hotel
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ProfNapalm
If you got a lot of time at hand and want to get involved.. call the hotel. If you want to avoid the hassle and save yourself (presumably a lot of) time call the Amb line and let them manage it.

But I would strongly recommend calling and not just showing up..
Update
I contacted Amb Line as suggested who could not sort and eventually put me though to the hotel direct. The hotel still showed the original bookings and have sent me confirmation of this. I have forwared this confirmation on to PC in a hope to have my account corrected. I am really nervous of this not being sorted before we arrive as I wont be in the mood after an 11 hour flight.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by offerendum
Most important: It´s another hotel
Well quite! That was my first thought...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Update
I contacted Amb Line as suggested who could not sort and eventually put me though to the hotel direct. The hotel still showed the original bookings and have sent me confirmation of this. I have forwared this confirmation on to PC in a hope to have my account corrected. I am really nervous of this not being sorted before we arrive as I wont be in the mood after an 11 hour flight.
Just make sure to bring copies of the original bookings with you, and it should be OK in the end. Good luck, enjoy Vegas!!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:52 am

Update
ty for the update - I'd say you should be good here. But I second that "bring your printed reservations"..
They do have a special Amb check-inn counter and seem to be slowly picking up or getting used to being member of PC so should be able to sort things.. if you ask nicely they might offer sth. for the "inconvenience"
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Interesting. Just made a booking at the Palazzo for one night, and my booking was instantly (within 5 minutes) amended to the Venetian too, with my RA upgrade applied (from Luxury to Bella view)!

But here's the thing; when I phoned to follow this up, priorityclub cs could only see the Venetian (amended) booking, and the Palazzo reservations staff could only see my original Pallazo "Luxury" booking!

Now, I know what you're thinking; someone at the Palazzo applied my RA upgrade and changed hotels somehow, and their system is slow at catching up. BUT.... as the lovely lady at the Palazzo reservations told me, it was currently 5.30AM in the morning in Las Vegas, and the people that would do that kind of thing don't start for hours!

So we are left with the very puzzling situation that no-one seems to know why this is happening or who's doing it. My guess is there is some kind of automatic RA upgrade being applied by a "smart" reservations system somewhere in the Palazzo/priorityclub reservations systems, but it's gone all "Terminator" on us and it thinks it knows better. Glad my name isn't John Connor.....
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMDB7
Interesting. Just made a booking at the Palazzo for one night, and my booking was instantly (within 5 minutes) amended to the Venetian too, with my RA upgrade applied (from Luxury to Bella view)!

But here's the thing; when I phoned to follow this up, priorityclub cs could only see the Venetian (amended) booking, and the Palazzo reservations staff could only see my original Pallazo "Luxury" booking!

Now, I know what you're thinking; someone at the Palazzo applied my RA upgrade and changed hotels somehow, and their system is slow at catching up. BUT.... as the lovely lady at the Palazzo reservations told me, it was currently 5.30AM in the morning in Las Vegas, and the people that would do that kind of thing don't start for hours!

So we are left with the very puzzling situation that no-one seems to know why this is happening or who's doing it. My guess is there is some kind of automatic RA upgrade being applied by a "smart" reservations system somewhere in the Palazzo/priorityclub reservations systems, but it's gone all "Terminator" on us and it thinks it knows better. Glad my name isn't John Connor.....
Looks like we have the same issue. The lady at PC said it was the second similar call she had had yesterday. I had an email from ambassador services today to say they can only see my cancelled reservation on the system ! I have emailed by return to say I have not cancelled and asked to escalate the issue to get it sorted. Should have said yesterday that I have actually prepaid for my stay.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
A similiar thing happened to me for a res in Aug 2012. I booked online directly with Palazzo b/c they had a $109 rate, and I have an email confirmation from the Palazzo, but after I called to add my PC number to the res, it showed up as a Venetian res on the PC website.

I called PC, but they wouldn't touch the res b/c I booked through Palazzo. I'm not too worried though, as I believe they will be able to sort it out when I get there.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Well I've actually cancelled my reservation now, and received the cancellation numbers from both the Palazzo AND PC, just to be on the safe side. TBH, I'm fairly sure that my booking would have been fine if I'd have just turned up at the Palazzo with a printed copy of the original res, but I thought I'd cancel and give it another go later in the week.

But for me the real nuisance of this whole Venetian/Palazzo issue is that I had a valid BRG claim that I couldn't complete because of the mix-up. The conversation went something like this; me: "I have a BRG claim for my booking at the Palazzo on res xxxx"..... PC cs: "But your booking is for the Venetian!" Needless to say I could see that one going nowhere fast unfortunately, after both PC and the Palazzo said they had nothing to do with the changes.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Same problem here, booked at the PAL, checked reservation online and see duplicate booking for VEN. Callend hotel, they show PAL cancelled, and under VEN they show it is active for the PAL.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:38 pm
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It is not the first time when they have such kind of problems. Just be sure that you made all the changes BEFORE the check-in. As they will not be abble to change the reservation in the hotel - even if you have a printed copy of the booking
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

I've been trying to solve the issue via ambassador services. I have know had two confirmations by email from the Palazzo that they have the correct booking. The IHG site is still showing the wrong booking and they can't fix it.Numerous emails and telecons later I've decided to just turn up at the Palazzo booiking confirmations in hand. Will update next week when I get there.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

I've been trying to solve the issue via ambassador services. I have know had two confirmations by email from the Palazzo that they have the correct booking. The IHG site is still showing the wrong booking and they can't fix it.Numerous emails and telecons later I've decided to just turn up at the Palazzo booiking confirmations in hand. Will update next week when I get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.