Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Helsinki - Vantaa Airport [HEL] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Holiday Inn Helsinki - Vantaa Airport [HEL] (Master Thread)

has anyone stayed here recently????

i might have a one night layover at hel so was considering this property but can't seem to find too much information on it....i'm not a big fan of tripadvisor reviews....
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:52 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Often a cheap option at Vantaa. Some rooms are extremely small especially in the west wing. If you have status you should be upgraded to a business room or suite. Have received suite even on points.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, BA Gold
I stayed there a couple of times earlier this year and I've been pretty happy with the hotel. I always had a decent sized room and the restaurant is pretty good if not a bit pricey. The free bus is reliable and I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
any recent reviews on this hotel?
I may be giving my 70 yr old sister in law 3 nts as she is 2 full days in helsinki. and leaves at midnight.
would this be inconvenient for getting to city for the 2 days?
my other option is hilton airport 1 nt and hilton city 1 nt and checkout at 2pm.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I wouldn't say it's very convenient to get to the city. You either get a local bus (which I believe requires to change buses somewhere) or shuttle back to the airport and get train or bus. Hilton airport you needn't shuttle (thus a bit more convenient) - the Hiltons in the city are either a tram ride away (Kalastajatorppa) or tram ride / 20 minute walk (Strand).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:06 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Hilton options are much better in this case. This HI is really not very conveniently located.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I stayed at this hotel at the end of October 2021. Here is my review from that trip.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33831615-post33.html
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Stayed here overnight on points as a Platinum. Got a coupon for a free breakfast at checkin but no upgrade. The room was by far the smallest and the worst I've stayed in for quite a while. Restaurant was OK, pricing seemed reasonable for Finland. Got charged 21 euros the day after checkout, e-mailed the hotel about the charge and haven't received a reply in over a week.

UPD: A few days after posting this I've got a reply saying that the FD agent made a mistake and the breakfast should've only been free for Diamonds and not Platinums. Whatever

Last edited by Temedar; Nov 12, 2022 at 5:10 am Reason: Added hotel reply
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:58 am

been there 2 days ago, booked queen room, received 1 King Bed Premium room upgrade (as a still Diamond member), took BF as a benefit. Ate classic burger in their restaurant and it was tasty, overall for 12 000 points all good!
Old Feb 11, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm there tonight. Getting around 10pm with another flight out around 8am. Probably should have gone for the Scandic or something, but I'm sure I'll survive

Does the shuttle bus keep going around, or is it like a US airport hotel shuttle bus where you have to call the hotel?

Added: after the usual 2 mile walk from the gate to baggage reclaim, followed the signs for the buses and went to stop 42 across the road where a bus was waiting (goes to a Scandic, flight academy, HI etc)

Added: Nice snowy night with temperatures down to -9C.
Convoluted route that went to the Scandic and flight academy first - don't think I would walk it as it didn't seem that easy.
Got upgraded to a better room, which whilst not the most modern (exactly the same as the review a few posts above), was fine. Few decent enough snacks lying around that went in my bag.

Looking at another stay soon. €85 for the cheapest room Vs. €142 for the Hilton. Doubt whether the extra €60 is worth it ignoring the 15-20 min time for the bus rides. Overall benefits will be similar.

Added: dawdled a bit and the price has gone up to €102. Offered 3k bonus points for €14, so around £4 per 1k points.

Last edited by xenole; Apr 25, 2023 at 8:32 am
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:47 am

Going to do another stay here next month. Around £76 / 88 euros which works out as nearly half the price of my night in Stockholm the day before About £30 cheaper than the Indigo / CP / HI in the city centre area (and from 172 euro for the airport Hilton) but as I've got a 7:30am flight, being nearer the airport is better for me (40 mins or so for the train from the city centre I believe)
They took the money off my card today (booked yesterday). No bonus points offered at the time of booking.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by xenole
No bonus points offered at the time of booking.
Which rate did you book? If you book best flexible member rate, you should be offered 1, 2 and 3k packages.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Which rate did you book? If you book best flexible member rate, you should be offered 1, 2 and 3k packages.
Not sure. Some cheap rate for a Queen room that says deposit required (although 90% of the time, I've found that nothing is taken until check-in).
Doesn't really matter to be honest. Few other stays coming up with potential.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.