How to get a RA referral ?

Old May 20, 2012, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Intercontinental Ambassador, Marriott & HHonors at some-rubbish-middle-tier
How to get a RA referral ?

Hi

I will be staying for 6 months at an IC hotel. I have paid for the Ambassador status, however I was wondering whether I could get a RA referral ?
What is the best way for my colleages (who have achieved RA) to get a referral certificate for me ?

Thanks
Old May 20, 2012, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Ebay!

Although if your colleagues earned RA the hard way, as opposed to being referred, they should have got a referral cert themselves to give away, and will get another when they renew.

By the way, if this IC is in Europe then you will only earn 3,000 points for the whole stay! Perhaps better looking at a hotel where you earn points based on spend, or you are leaving a lot of value on the table. Read the rules, though, as you may need to check every 90 days or so and check in again, as some programmes have rules on the longest stay that can accrue points.

6 months in a Hilton at 100 per night, for eg, would earn over 500,000 Hilton points, which is 10 nights in the Maldives ....

Last edited by Raffles; May 20, 2012 at 1:05 am
Old May 20, 2012, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Intercontinental Ambassador, Marriott & HHonors at some-rubbish-middle-tier
Staying in Riyadh, I've been told about the whole points/stay as opposed to points/spend.
Will be checking out every now and then (short trips to other places) But agree this is a waste of points but not many other choices
Old May 20, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by CaptainHero
Staying in Riyadh, I've been told about the whole points/stay as opposed to points/spend.
Will be checking out every now and then (short trips to other places) But agree this is a waste of points but not many other choices
It is a good thing that you will be checking out of the hotel for periods of time.

Beware of the following clause in the T&Cs regarding long term stays for RAs:

6 . "The accrual of room nights towards Royal Ambassador status is not applicable in conjunction with airline and/or travel industry discounts or to long-stay residents at their long-stay hotel, defined as a continuous stay of 90 days or more."

mxm135
Old May 20, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
Ebay!

Although if your colleagues earned RA the hard way, as opposed to being referred, they should have got a referral cert themselves to give away, and will get another when they renew.
Wouldn't PC crack down on this? I would have thought PC wouldn't allow RAs to sell their certs
Old May 20, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
Wouldn't PC crack down on this? I would have thought PC wouldn't allow RAs to sell their certs
It has been happening for 7 to 8 years now with no issues from PC, although they now ask for the referrers name and PC number so the seller must supply that or you are stuffed. They may think that anyone so committed to PC to pay for a cert is worth having.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Will be checking out every now and then (short trips to other places) … But agree this is a waste of points but not many other choices
You can sign up for Ambassador accelerator 20K PC for every 15 nights and stay X get Y, and other bonuses. It is not THAT bad, but you probably do better with SPG or Hilton or Hyatt.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:55 am
Original Poster

I wish I could stay on SPG but no opportunity at my location.

What is the Ambassador 20K accelerator ?
EDIT : googled it, found a link on IC website which points to :
https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...promoCode=1882
which in turns give me a 404 page not found
Is it as easy as entering 1882 as offer code (as seen in the URL) ?

I have signed up to an offer mentioned in the master thread for something like 3k will try to keep doing this kind of stuff ...
Old May 21, 2012, 5:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I wish I could stay on SPG but no opportunity at my location.

What is the Ambassador 20K accelerator ?
EDIT : googled it, found a link on IC website which points to :
https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...promoCode=1882
which in turns give me a 404 page not found
Is it as easy as entering 1882 as offer code (as seen in the URL) ?

I have signed up to an offer mentioned in the master thread for something like 3k will try to keep doing this kind of stuff ...
The code should be 1882, use the web address as mentioned in the master promo thread and that code or log in to your account and it should be on the ambassador page.

If your colleagues are RA (earned) they will have a referral cert. if they don't have one you can PM me.

Globalist

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.