Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr Rebates 15% cash back in IHG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Depends from hotel to hotel to be frank. Just speak with a GM of a "business" hotel in New York or Jakarta, and ask what is their distribution on an average weekday night.
Agreed. I'm speaking of the overall numbers for major chains such as IHG, Marriott, Starwood, etc., not of specific properties. Regardless of the % using negotiated corporate rates - whether it's 10% or 60% - the key is to always know the cash back rules as they apply to the rate you're using before assuming they'll post. Far too often someone will click through a cash back site and wrongly assume they'll get credit, or *when* they'l get credit (doesn't post and pay until after a stay is complete - sometimes many weeks - but many wrongly presume it will post soon after the make the reservation.)
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mooper
... the key is to always know the cash back rules as they apply to the rate you're using before assuming they'll post. Far too often someone will click through a cash back site and wrongly assume they'll get credit, or *when* they'l get credit (doesn't post and pay until after a stay is complete - sometimes many weeks - but many wrongly presume it will post soon after the make the reservation.)
As long as I remember to use the cashback site, I'm happy. I use Quidco, because I'm familiar with it and it's simple to use. I look on any cashback payment as something of a bonus: I'm sure that the occasional transaction fails, but payments come in regularly enough.

If I ever catch myself monitoring the system and fretting over it I'll know it's time to stop .
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by mooper
No, you still earn points because you're not going through a third party (as you are when you book via a site like Priceline). You are booking through the hotel's site itself - it's just that the hotel is paying a commission to the cash back site (via an affiliate program) for sending you there.
well then ... thanks for the tip!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
15% Cashback is BACK on MrRebates.com! Was 6% yesterday...
Ebates is, as of this writing, 9.0%...and ShopAtHome.com 4.5%...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalItalian
15% Cashback is BACK on MrRebates.com! Was 6% yesterday...
Ebates is, as of this writing, 9.0%...and ShopAtHome.com 4.5%...
Thanks for the heads up!

Question: is there anyway to book the BOGO rate while getting cash back?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Thanks for the heads up!

Question: is there anyway to book the BOGO rate while getting cash back?
Not sure with Mr. Rebates, but I have tried ebates for the F&F rate. Here's how I did it:

First use the link as usual to go in. Then close down the window and go to the CB site, then open it again and I saw the F&F rate displayed at the rate selection.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:53 am

Got an email from MrRebates.com this morning. The 15% IHG Cashback is THIS WEEK ONLY (although they don't have an end date listed). It was 6% on 3/3 and 15% on 3/4 so PROBABLY will last through Sunday, 3/10 (although from my experience they change it during the evening hours of the last day).
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
We should have a history page to track when the cashback hits 15%.

Would be useful for the future bookings
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Side question,

15% cashback, which means IHG must be paying the cashback sites more than 15%.

Anyone knows what IHG commissions are to OTAs? 25% or more?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:47 am

Sidenote: MrRebates.com has been great paying cashback for me. It tracks IHG stays 4 days after checkout (consistent) and I have received rebate checks in the snail mail within one week after the first of the month (they only send their checks out at the first of the month...but you can request them up to the last day of the prior month).

On February 28, I requested a payout via PayPal. It was in my PayPal account the next morning (March 1). That was great. That was the first time I've done a PayPal payout with MrRebates.com.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: UR(ink bold; Freedom), Skymiles Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold)
I can attest to MR as well. Switched to them last August after 2 years with FatWallet. This marks the 3rd time I've hit the 15% promo (Aug 12, Nov 12, Mar 13), racking up over $400 in CB from stays. They have a near flawless rate of posting (over 20 nights, only 1 hasn't posted and is still in dispute). 90 days from report the money is yours and Paypal pays out on the 1st of ever month. Its a nice added work perk
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Another awesome thing about Mr. Rebates: You can file a missing claim 7 days after check out for IHG hotels. Other sites wants you to wait 40 days before filing a missing claim and IME a lot of those CB, either they post within 7 days or they never post them.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:13 pm

I guess "this week only" to Mr. Rebates means only 5 days. It's already back down to 6% tonight...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by CalItalian
I guess "this week only" to Mr. Rebates means only 5 days. It's already back down to 6% tonight...
I see it as 8% right now.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I see it as 8% right now.
6% here as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.