Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Berlin City West (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Holiday Inn Berlin City West (Master Thread)

Anyone stayed there? What should I expect as a Plat?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
Stayed here for 8 nights back in September 2010 and it was an excellent property. Great staff and clean, modern rooms. They don't have any suites so really all you'll get in terms of a room "upgrade" is the Priority Club floor -- which is a higher floor and that's it.

As a PLT, we also got a two drink vouchers for the bar and free internet access (which was 5 euro per 24hrs at the time).

Enjoy your stay!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Amb, PC Spire, Turkish Elite, Lufthansa FTL, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
Anyone stayed there? What should I expect as a Plat?

Thanks in advance!
I stayed there twice as RA platinum...booked a regular room and received a - I think - "executive" room including free water and a "Mars" bar. Good free parking options in a side street. Nothing special about the hotel...didn't have breakfast. Just know that it is NOT central though you can take the U 7 "Rohrdamm" to more central areas.
Enjoy bustling Berlin!!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm actually not visting Berlin this time. I used it for a sleepover hotel (arriving Rostock at 9om), and head south the next morning. I have seen Berlin a couple of times.

Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I stayed there for 1 night on BRG. As Plat I got an upgrade to a 'suite' which is 2 rooms with a connecting door. It's awesome especially if you have kids.

I also got a 10% off voucher for drinks in a bar.

There was tons of free parking at the side street from the hotel, and we took advantage of that.

Breakfast was nice, not the best we have tried.

Beware, in room tea and coffee is not free in the room. If you use them you'll be charged 1.5 EUR - I found out about that from TA, and in the room they only told you about that in the service directory. They didn't post any sign or price stickers they put on the minibar items. FD didn't ask me about if I consumed any tea at check out.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:11 pm
alc

Just wondering if anyone have recently stay at this hotel. Reading some of the review on TA, seems "okay", nothing too fancy. I think I am not sure is about breakfast. being a HI, I don't expect it include breakfast, but one of the recent TA review state free breakfast, while a little bit older post show expensive breakfast.

Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:28 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:22 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:28 am

I note that Reward Nights at this hotel come in at a very modest 10,000.points, though (perhaps relatedly) they are not always available.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The rate is probably related to the location and will vary greatly if the is something happening at the Exhibition center, it is not great for tourists

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.