Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Las Vegas - Palazzo or Ventian. Worth it as an RA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 336
Location is identical. They are very similar. Palazzo is less worn.
I really don't think this is true anymore. The Venetian has been refurbished well. The rooms have nice new furniture based on my recent stay and large samsung TVs rather than the postage stamp sized versions in palazzo.

The suites at the Venetian are also bigger and better laid out comparing the typical RA upgrade of piazza suite at the Venetian vs. Fortuna Suite at the Palazzo.

The corridors are brighter shorter and less dingy at the Venetian and the Venetian is closer to the action on the strip.

All in I very much preferred the Venetian after staying at the palazzo for years,

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Oct 3, 2015 at 4:29 am
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I received an e-mail from IHG a couple of days ago regarding these two LV properties. It mentioned 10K bonus points for a two-night stay at any rate (which I guess means any rate which earns points) until 12/31. And another 2.5K bonus if that stay includes a Thursday night. There was no registration link. Just a booking link. So I'm guessing it's not a targeted e-mail. However, I'm not sure if this is a one-time bonus; or can be earned more than once.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by HansGruber
They are connected together. Palazzo is a little newer and nicer though. Venetian is showing it's age in some of the furniture in the rooms.
Originally Posted by 336
Location is identical. They are very similar. Palazzo is less worn.
thanks for the updates....i've gone with palazzo as their room size seems a little larger as well....
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
is the resort fee also charged on award stays????
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:42 am

No. You always need to pay the resort fee. Even on a BPG free night.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
no update here for a few years....have an upcoming trip to vegas next month....will only be here for a day & thinking of using my chase free weekend night....which property would be better in terms of location????
Are you able to see the availability of either hotel? IHG website shows no availability what so ever for any date.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justcome
Are you able to see the availability of either hotel? IHG website shows no availability what so ever for any date.
yes i can....my stay is in december & i can see plenty of availability....
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by justcome
One thing I noticed with the Venetian and Palazzo searches is that whenever I have our corporate rate code included into the search then it shows no availability. When I remove it then it works. Not sure that is the case for you.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:31 am

Has anyone stayed here recently with standard Ambassador status? If so what type of room upgrade did you get?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by truc0011
Has anyone stayed here recently with standard Ambassador status? If so what type of room upgrade did you get?
The Palazzo and Venetian are very matter of fact about their upgrades. They very rarely stray from the protocol. As an Ambassador you will be given a 1-category upgrade. Keep in mind that this includes an upgrade from a room with no view to a room with strip view. If you want to ensure an upgrade from one room "type" to another, book a room already with a view.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Good to know...

I'm thinking of visiting LV next year and I have never been there before. Not sure if I should use the Ambassador BOGO. Also for next year when I stay here I won't have RA Status anymore .
Which location is better for "Regular Spire" Ambassador?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Looking to get a room for one night just after Christmas and both The Venetian and The Palazzo have availability for the Chase Free Night. Any recent reports about which one is better for families looking to just see the spectacle of Vegas (no clubs, gambling, late nights, etc.)?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Looking to get a room for one night just after Christmas and both The Venetian and The Palazzo have availability for the Chase Free Night. Any recent reports about which one is better for families looking to just see the spectacle of Vegas (no clubs, gambling, late nights, etc.)?
can’t go wrong with either but I’d give the slight nod to the Venetian. Bit closer to the middle of the strip so a bit less walking but the hotels are next to each other so the difference isn’t big. A few more family related things closer to the V like the shoppes, the food court, and madam Tussaud’s. Decor is also fun with that renaissance theme. P seems a bit more elegant but stuffy.
Blind and Green likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:50 am

$100 minimum for mini bar---mandatory?

Does this mean that once you open the minibar there is a minimum charge of $100?
Hope it does not mean that even if you do not want to use the minibar there is a charge of $100 added to your bill???
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:22 am

We tend to choose Palazzo for the Prestige bookings to get lounge access. The suite they gave me was gigantic and included 2 bathrooms and an exercise room with an elliptical in it. I dont know if Venetian offers this. The Palazzo Lounge is GREAT and worth the upgrade cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.