Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
That one hotel does that , does not mean that it is the same throughout the brand. There are hotels where Club rooms are different rooms to regular rooms, an example of which I have given

It is not "semantics" imo, it is misrepresentation since your posts are misrepresenting what is given at some hotels. If it is semantics, why not specify the title as "upgrade to club room or suite"
What properties give the option of UG to club room with club access or UG to suite?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Paid stays:

Bangkok - Suite or Club
Singapore - Premier Room or Club
Kuala Lumpur - Suite or Club
Hanoi - Suite AND Club
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
None of the French Polynesia ICs have clubs: Tahiti, Moorea, Thalasso, Le Moana.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: TK E+
IC Asiana Saigon

New policy introduced last week:

On paid stays: Both Club access and upgrade to suite
On reward stays: Club access
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for the updates, keep them coming in.

From my stay in Vienna, I've updated to choice now. I had a discussion with the club lounge manager. For paid stays they will offer you UG to suite and pay for club at 70 euro, or you will get club.

The manager mentioned that if you choose club access, they may not necessarily always give you a room on the club floor, but if they do it will not be in a higher class. So on the whole "upgrade" debate per JC's comments it is semantics and IMO not an upgrade. Even if you do get a room on the club floor, it's the same class as what you booked, and IME the same room, just on the "floor" with club lounge or designated as such.

DN - per this info while I like your suggestion, I prefer not to say UG to club level as at least the Vienna club mgr indicated that they won't always put you on that level.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mnredfox
What properties give the option of UG to club room with club access or UG to suite?
Melbourne is one where I have had been allocated Club Room by default but have had it replaced with a suite on request

This is one hotel where a Club Room is a different room to a normal room
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
North America:

IC Cleveland - Carnegie Avenue

Choose between upgrade or lounge access. Default is lounge access. If booking a basic room and declining lounge access upgrade is to a junior suite.

IC Cleveland Suites

No lounge, but breakfast buffet is offered as an RA amenity.

mxm135
Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Will update in a day or two, keep em coming.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Melbourne is one where I have had been allocated Club Room by default but have had it replaced with a suite on request

This is one hotel where a Club Room is a different room to a normal room
They certainly aren't consistent, as when I stayed in January I was told I could only get an upgraded room, and Club access was not an option offered to RA.... I might have to contact them again before my next trip to MEL.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
I think that the thread is misleading. If booking a standard room and getting a club room, then that is an upgrade ; to refer to getting an upgrade or club access is wrong
I think by Upgrade OP means Room Upgrade.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by mnredfox
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-merged-6.html

How do you propose I list it? At GS they either offer you club access with the room you book, or you can get an UG with NO club access. Hence I think it's pretty clear. Or am I still missing something?
having stayed here several times and having the same experience - GS offers UG and Club Access, where UG is to a non-Suite. If UG is a Suite they do not offer Club Access.
Also earlier this month they had noisy renovation going on all day till 6 pm. The power drill noise was deafening. They promised no Sunday noise, but did not keep their promise. This is supposed to go on for 2 months and there was no pre warning when I booked, only the email I received a day before as a welcome with my upgrade there was a footnote in red.

I like their lounge and service is great otherwise.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Updated up to date, thanks ^
Old May 12, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
My last four stays at IC Austin I've been offered either an upgrade to a suite -or- club access. I've never received both with a paid stay. I selected club access once, but after that chose suites since the lounge was nothing to write home about.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Not sue what to make of this, but this week at IC Bangkok I have Club access (suite not offered) and next week I have suite AND Club...
Old May 13, 2012, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CavePearl
My last four stays at IC Austin I've been offered either an upgrade to a suite -or- club access. I've never received both with a paid stay. I selected club access once, but after that chose suites since the lounge was nothing to write home about.
Updated, thanks.

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Not sue what to make of this, but this week at IC Bangkok I have Club access (suite not offered) and next week I have suite AND Club...
How do you know that you have suite AND club for next week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.