Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HI Hong Kong (HKG) Golden Mile Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
In the past a Free breakfast in their restaurant was a Platinum benefit for a paid stay at the HI Golden Mile. Is this not a Spire benefit?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You were given $500 HK hotel credit? is the hotel that expensive?
Originally Posted by Kalboz
That's only around 65 US Dollars
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
I don't understand the question. The credit goes towards minibar, meals etc.
At HK hotel pricing it might not even be a dinner for one or more than two drinks.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tentseller
At HK hotel pricing it might not even be a dinner for one or more than two drinks.
It covered the minibar^
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
It covered the minibar^
I'm trying to figure this out. You paid HK$360 and got HK$500 and club access? Or was that HK$360/night for a multi-night stay? Seems like a great deal!
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:55 am

Who said he paid 360 HKD a night?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by 336
Who said he paid 360 HKD a night?
Oh never mind. I misinterpreted his statement below. I thought he got the exec package "for HK$360+" but instead he got 50% laundry discount on HK$360+.

HI Golden Mile Hong Kong

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Recognition as Spire Royal Ambassador (greeted as such)
- Renovated room and Club
- Exec package incl Club, HK$500 hotel credit, 50% laundry discount for HK$360+
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent stays in the past 3 years?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
I stay there a few times per year.

Always upgraded room as Platinum/Spire.

Free breakfast, but was told it was because I was repeat visitor, rather than as IHG status member. Can't confirm.

Rooms are gold sized, clean, and reasonably new.

Area seems safe enough, although plagued with numerous foreigners hawking watches and suits and "anything special".
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:19 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
had a one night stay as gold for accelerate promo. Didnt like the area / hotel much but cant say something negative except small tv maybe. Had the night before in HGI Mongkok and liked the room and staff much more.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Stayed a couple of months ago as a Plat using a Chase cert. Given an older room not renovated and a couple of drink coupons. The older rooms are tired so try to get a newer room if possible.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Any recent stays in the past 3 years?
stayed here last month on a cash rate that included breakfast. Plat member. Got a room on the lowest floor possible also right next to where construction was going on. The curtain used to hide the construction area was immediately outside our room and it had a musty odor. Not impressed by the older rooms that’s for sure. Our rate was booked several months ago and was actually kinda cheap compared to the rates shown leading up to our stay. Guessing we were given such a crappy room due to cheap rate we paid. Location is excellent though.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
If one does stay at the hotel and wants to eat at any of the restaurants they are often on Eatigo. We got 50% off breakfast which was a decent deal. It can be a bit of a scrum at breakfast but the spread is decent and decent value at 50% off.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang

Area seems safe enough, although plagued with numerous foreigners hawking watches and suits and "anything special".

"Area seems safe enough"? This area is probably the safest area you can find in any big city or town.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
"Area seems safe enough"? This area is probably the safest area you can find in any big city or town.
Hong Kong in general is pretty safe. Maybe I should've been more clear; I was trying to be PC when I talked about those hawking various things. You can't walk 20 feet around the hotel without being offered drugs, or being proposition by a prostitute. The 7-11 across the street is a common hangout for some pretty intimidating characters. You don't see that at the Crowne Plaza, the IC Grand Stafford, the Indigo, and most of the other IHG properties around town. So in light of that, and despite the examples I offered, the area seems safe enough.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
You can't walk 20 feet around the hotel without being offered drugs, or being proposition by a prostitute
I walk up and down that end of Nathan Rd. more or less every month when staying in the IC. I am only approached by Indian tailors and Indian copy watch sellers, never drugs and never prostitutes. Probably the target group for this business must look different from myself. Considering HK and its no tolerance politic against drugs (Any person who traffics in a dangerous drug shall be liable upon conviction to a fine of HK$5,000,000 and imprisonment for life) I have certain difficulties to appreciate that such goods are offered in one of the most busy and best controlled junctions in HK. If you look for "shady characters" plenty can be found in and around Chungking Mansion, I do feel however well, safe and comfortable there too.
AJLondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.