Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HI Hong Kong (HKG) Golden Mile Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
that pool area used to have a great view of Kai Tak and especially so if take offs were lion rock direction, rather than the harbour.

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I'd give it a miss in future because its rooftop pool looks great in photos ... and isn't heated! What a total waste of everyone's money, much of the year. They should close it when it's useless, not pay someone to clean it and watch over it. Plus, the saunas and steam rooms are sex-segregated and tiny. (Additionally, all of those facilities are unavailable to anyone in a wheelchair, as the top floor can only be accessed by a flight of stairs!)

Overall, very poor for the price they charge.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by paul577
that pool area used to have a great view of Kai Tak and especially so if take offs were lion rock direction, rather than the harbour.
yap, that is right.
what a history.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I stay at this hotel last month with points no upgrade and no free internet
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: Asia Miles, United Mileage Plus, SPG, Priority Club
I just went and check their website, seems that they are now offering free Internet. That's a good additional benefit.

But I also agree they should have the pool heated.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Au, IHG Pt, Marriott Au, All others base metal
Holiday Inn Golden Mile HK

what is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Elite

Just informed by email that breakfast would cost HKD 228 + 10% for multi-night stay coming up. Not a great start.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:38 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by FlufferNutter
what is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Elite

Just informed by email that breakfast would cost HKD 228 + 10% for multi-night stay coming up. Not a great start.
They do have breakfast rates - and I have never had a comp breakfast as a (former) Plat. In fact, I am of the opinion that chasing IHG Plat is a WOFTAM.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:20 pm

I'll be staying here with with a family of 4 at the end of April for a few days, just wondering if this is a good hotel in the city? Do they offer any additional good services?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by starwars06
I'll be staying here with with a family of 4 at the end of April for a few days, just wondering if this is a good hotel in the city? Do they offer any additional good services?
It's a comfortable very popular but very ordinary hotel in a great location (if you rate all types of commerce and access to public transport). It's also expensive, frequently at or even above the levels of the IC GS. Of course some rooms are nicer than others, but there's a steep price/classification gradient. Reception staff are generally brutally efficient and scripted, but checking-in and out can take a while at bad times.

Everything has a price sticker. The only over-and-above service i've received was help storing bags for a few hours.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:22 am

The location is great for the typical tourist things. There are a lot of local eating places around. If you like asian breakfast: a great eatery is one street from the hotel. Exit on Nathan road, turn right, cross the first street, turn right on the second street. It is in the approx third building on the left. Also other similarly reasonably priced places within 3 minutes walk. There are two supermarkets close by (one in the basement of the IMall opposite on Nathan road, one in the basement of the Hyatt Mall).

As Platinum I always got an upgrade to a higher floor and reasonably nice room. For longer stays I still prefer the HK IC, but for the times where I just want a bed to sleep this place is good enough.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:04 pm

HI Hong Kong (HKG) Golden Mile Master Thread

Like others have said the location is very good, and convenient. If this is your first time at HK, the location could be ideal.

This hotel is often very busy in my experience and in my opinion sometimes the 'services' can be a bit hit and miss.

Apart from the location, in my opinion there is nothing special here..but hotel rooms are not cheap in HK, if you can get the room with good price and if you are out most of the day, this hotel is good enough.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
HI Golden Mile Hong Kong
What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Recognition as Spire Royal Ambassador (greeted as such)
- Renovated room and Club
- Exec package incl Club, HK$500 hotel credit, 50% laundry discount for HK$360+
You were given $500 HK hotel credit? is the hotel that expensive?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
HI Golden Mile Hong Kong
What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very much

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked deluxe, was upgraded to Premier and then bought upgrade to Club Executive at checkin
Not good. This is exactly what I have always gotten as Platinum. So Spire is worth nothing at this hotel?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:30 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
That's only around 65 US Dollars
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I don't understand the question. The credit goes towards minibar, meals etc.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
Not good. This is exactly what I have always gotten as Platinum. So Spire is worth nothing at this hotel?
As far as I'm aware, there are no published in-hotel benefits yet. Hoping they materialise next year. I wasn't expecting anything above Platinum, so wasn't disappointed. Got the extra points though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.